1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's/who's the next move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puppet Master, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

John Wall and all the Brooklyn picks for Durant...

Porter / Washington
    Green / Gordon / Christopher
    Durant / Tate
    Smith / Martin / Garuba
    Sengun / Eason

That team can win it...

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

He’s elite off ball which probably means he’s not a point guard. He has to prove he’s a point guard. There are other opportunities on the team if he’s amenable to it. I’d just be wary of throwing money at him until he actually does it. We can compare him to a million rookies and college players if that makes people feel better but he has to actually do it if we are tying up money in him. I’d just really prefer not to relive the Carroll Dawson era

jcmoon likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No kiddo, that's not what that means. One has nothing at all to do with the other. He's a combo guard, he can play off ball, he can run the point. That's what makes him one of if not the most talented player on the roster. The whole 2:1 assist to turnover ratio kind of showed he could run the point. It's really not something that is in question by serious people. The question is if Green will develop that part of his game and become a combo guard rather than just a traditional SG so that they can share the responsibilities more.

If Green takes a step forward and develops the ability to run an offense, the two would be unstoppable. That should be the goal.

#123 Bobbythegreat, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    D-rock likes this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Member

I’m not sure Green can. I haven’t seen enough. The fact KPJ can be a combo guard is why he’d be better utilized as a change of pace guard who can play both positions and still get over 30 minutes a night off the bench. It is specifically because of Greens limitations that makes this more ideal. Regardless of his talent which I agree is high, he needs more reps off ball where he excels. Who knows maybe he’s a better SG than Green but he needs more reps off ball next to a point guard. I’m not sure he’s best suited at PG. I just don’t think you can start KPJ over Green at SG and that is more because of deficiencies in Green’s game than the other way around.

I just want a point guard who can play to everyone’s strengths including Jabari Green and KPJ. If we drafted Mobley, I wouldn’t have a problem with KPJ at shooting guard moving forward. He needs to show more than a combo guard he needs to be a true floor general or he’s better suited elsewhere on the team. I’m hoping he takes the jump this year but he has to do it.

peleincubus, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if Green can or not, but I think it's worth it to try to see if he can take his game to the next level.

If Green can't, that makes KPJ and Sengun that much more important so that someone can help set him up to thrive.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Think the Lakers would bite on a EG/Wall/KMJ for WB+2027 1st rounder?

7. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

John wall can be this year

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'd like to see this happen the rest of the summer:

1. buyout wall
    2. ego & KJ to the suns or Sixers for a future first (I know ego is worth a FRP on his own but I think both teams could be good for KJ too, and adding his value could push the FRP further into the future when its more valuable).
    3. Use the MLE on Bamba, Claxton, or Hartenstein to add a shot blocker and lob threat to the rotation.
    4. Hire Lionell Hollins and promote Abdelfettah to Silas' staff.
    5. (optional) add a vet PG to teach our 3 young PGs how to fun that position. Could be a vet min washed up guy like Augustin or a former player turned coach at the end of the bench.

pmac, lakersuck2, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Feed Jabari it’s the only way he will get better turn him into Durant light.

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like John Wall.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Dennis Schröder has a clutchfans account, y'all!

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No they can't. The kids aren't ready yet. Also, Durant wouldn't want to join that team so it's something of a moot point. Also, if they don't win it at least once it would be a huge mistake. Those picks are looking to be incredibly valuable and one or two of them might be the key to a deal to obtain a disgruntled star that is closer to our guys timeline.

luckyman76 and KingSamJack like this.
  14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

IMO if any of those picks become top 3 maybe even #1, and one of those drafts have a franchise changing player i would have a hard time trading that pick

Williamson likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Exactly. Every winning team needs a veteran. Why are the heats still paying Haslem? Gordon is pretty good and a good locker room guy that can guide and mentor the young players.

jcmoon likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

can someone copy and paste this article?

18. mightybosstone

I know that most fans would view this as a dream scenario, but this would actually be a huge mistake, IMO. I love Durant's game and still think he's a top 5 guy in the league, but he'll be 34 next season, he cannot stay healthy and he's starting a 4 year contract that averages nearly $50 million a season.

You're not likely winning much of anything with Durant and the babies short-term, and long-term, you've traded away a ton of draft capital for a shot at a title you've got practically zero chance of winning. The better route for the rebuild is to let the Nets implode and reap the benefits of their mistakes. They'll get way better long-term value from that, and add assets who actually match the timeline of their young core.

19. mightybosstone

I don't really care so much what happens with Wall. His contract is immovable and he's not hurting the rebuild as long as he doesn't step on the floor. But other than him, there's just way too many guys on the roster.

I'd like to see Stone move 2 guys on the wings out of Gordon, Mathews, Tate and Martin. Ideally, they'd get max value now from Gordon and Tate, but it feels more likely that it's Gordon and Martin. I love Tate, but his lack of a 3-point shot is just a killer and I'd much rather see his minutes go to younger guys. Stone and Silas seem to be enamored with him, though, so it feels like he's here to stay.

luckyman76 likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

I thought the same but deep down I really don’t want Durant on this team. I also wouldn’t give them all the picks back. Maybe 2 & 2swaps