1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari/Bari VS George/Klaw Weaknesses

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, Jun 25, 2022.

1. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I decided to go back and see what other 2 way great players draft write up were before they entered the league. I wanted to see what they needed to work on. Most of us are already aware of Tari & Bari weaknesses but check out Paul George and Kawhi Leonard's evaluation on them as a prospect. Very similar to the guys we drafted and encouraging. Looking forward to see what Bari & Tari does at the next level.

(NBAdraft.net) Kawhi -Weaknesses: Does not have one aspect offensively that stands out or which allows him to consistently score the ball … With his size and frame, will almost certainly be a perimeter player at the next level, but he lacks the polish and skill necessary to consistently operate on the wing … He does not have break down ability off the dribble and he is especially shaky handling the ball with his left hand … His jumpshot (while definitely improved) is still very inconsistent … The release comes high off his head and it is somewhat of a sling motion, which results in a fairly flat shot that goes all over the place … At this level, he has a size advantage on almost a nightly basis, but he still chooses to take the majority of his shots from the outside … Takes a high number of off balance shots, but does not show the ability to convert them at a good percentage … He does not have a great touch around the basket, and unless he can get inside position on the defense, he struggles finishing when contested … Not very disciplined defensively, he gambles far too often and leaves

(NBAdraft.net) Paul George: Weaknesses: George’s biggest weakness is his inability to create for himself, and his poor shooting percentage when pulling up off the dribble … Lacks a great handle which limits his overall game, as practically all of his baskets come from spotting up, good position down low, or in transition … Tends to get too trigger happy from behind the arc, rushing long shots as opposed to letting the play develop and waiting for a better option … He needs to not always settle for the long ball, and use his strong body and basketball skillset to be a little more creative in regards to getting easier opportunities and getting to the line … At times he can be sloppy with the ball, throwing unreasonable passes while looking as if his head is not fully in the game… Defensively, he tends to lose focus when playing on the ball, but with the right coaching staff and the opportunity to play on a bigger stage, that problem is likely fixable … Playing a weak schedule on a small stage makes it difficult to project how he would fare against stiffer competition …

2. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Jabari's weakness is a lot like how they described Paul George and Tari's weakness is a lot like Kawahi.

Denovo likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been saying Tari comp is Kawhi for the longest

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Stone drafted Jordan, Kawhi, PG, and Jokic in just 2 drafts.

Fullcourt, coachbadlee, Easy and 11 others like this.
  5. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but unless KPJ matures they will never win anything.

smoothie likes this.
  6. txtodd

txtodd Member

Clearly. And next year we get Ralph Sampson with a three ball.

apollo33 and smoothie like this.
  7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Work ethic will determine a lot of the development for these rooks. From all accounts the work ethic for these guys is off the charts but we shall see.

I just hope Silas gives Tari/Garuba/TyTy the minutes to develop as well.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wouldn’t be shocked if in a redraft a year from now, Eason was top 5. In five years from now I wouldn’t be surprised if he was top 3.

Denovo, coachbadlee and 18pbr like this.
  9. BreakYoSelfFool

Jordan, Kawhi, KD and Jokic...and if we get lucky next year Lew Alcindor with a 3pt sky hook.

The Rox future is dependent on someone we got for a top 55-protected pick? The Rockets seem to be building a great team culture, like GS or San Antonio. I think at this early stage anyone who doesn't get with the program is expendable. KPJ has a temper, but aside from that he seems to have the competitive fire, passion and love for the game we are looking for. It seems like he is learning to harness it and his basketball skills are improving as well. I don't think KPJ is intended to be the Rockets point guard long term, because J Green is a better fit at PG than him. They do want him to develop his PG skills to improve his overall game, but I think they will also do the same with all the guards they are developing.

smoothie likes this.
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Not true because he can be replaced if he doesn't mature.

BallSoHarden and coachbadlee like this.
  11. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sarcasm. I agree. I also think Jordan Kawhi KD and Jokic could probably win a chip with KPJ as the PG lol.

BallSoHarden and smoothie like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thread title needs work, bro.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Need to get rid of him

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Two times over.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

... who will grow into an athletic Yao Ming with a three ball.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Ironically if we draft Victor you wouldn't be far off lol

18pbr likes this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think it's also important to note that it took years for both Kawhi and PG to get established in this league.

18pbr likes this.
  18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that's true!