1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its All Wrong

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheJuice, Jun 23, 2022.

1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

So uh...conservatives are correct.
    I hate my life and want to die...
    other people get drafted.

Being trans just admits you're a failure.

I honestly want to die. I don't want to live anymore.

2. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I cant be what my parents wanted.

I cant save the world.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Juice hang in there. You don’t need to be what others want you to be. Just love yourself and be the best you. You can never make everyone happy. That’s in business, relationships or values. Just be true to you and you will never be a failure

4. HTM

HTM Member

I'd like to say, I, HTM, don't want you to end your life.

AleksandarN and durvasa like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell I have no idea everything that you're going through, but I am sure it had to fill like a mega-ton of crap. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of that but stick it out. Get some help from professionals. Certainly don't let this place get you down. It definitely isn't worth it.

I'm pulling for you.

Yung-T, mdrowe00 and durvasa like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where is this coming from?

King1 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Far too often trans individuals can essentially be "disowned" by their parents, parents as bigoted and close minded as some of the members who post here. I imagine that that would be incredibly difficult to bear. To not only not have the support of those who raised you, those closest to you, but to have them decide to have nothing to do with you out of fear, ignorance, and outright bigotry is more than I can imagine. One of my kids became friends with someone like that in high school, our kids being raised to be open minded, that bigotry in all it's forms is wrong, and they have stayed friends over the years. I've met her and she's very intelligent and couldn't be nicer.

Whether the OP is experiencing anything like that? I have no idea. I do know that we have members here, some I have on ignore, who seem to relish being bigoted and not just towards LGBTQ+ members, or trans members (in particular) in the news. I may have to expand my ignore list. Blatant constant bigotry is not something I feel I have to willingly subject myself to here.

In "real life" outside of the BBS I certainly don't, unless it's from a relative at a family gathering I see on very rare occasions, and most of those I've managed to outlive. My suggestion to @TheJuice is to freely use her ignore function. It's very easy to do. I have more than two dozen members on mine. I suspect that some of those possibly harassing her are already on mine. It makes the experience here far more agreeable.

8. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

It's a mix. My Mom hates me. My grandma (who I adore) is dying.

I don't really have friends here.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please get help from professionals.

King1 likes this.
  10. AkeemTheDreem86

This! If your world is your perception, then you CAN save it. We are all rooting for you, but now is the time to love yourself.

ROXRAN likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really sorry to hear that and that is why I asked if you feel your community is supportive. If I recall you live in rural GA and if you feel that community isn't right for who you are and are becoming have you considered moving?

As the other posters said hang in there and you can always come here and vent.

ROXRAN likes this.
  12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I can't afford to leave. Literally. I spent my savings moving here and my health insurance and housing are tied to me being a student.

To me, its just further proof Im incapable of ever making the correct decision. My mom said it best...Im bad at making choices

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I hear you about hard it is to move especially as a student.

At a campus though there are probably resources and groups that you might find supportive. Another tool you might want to try is Meetup.com and see if there are trans and LGBTQ meetup groups locally where you could find like minded and supportive people.

It's undrerstandable you're questioning the direction your life is going. You're making a big change and few big changes aren't without risk and second guessing. How that decision turns out you might not know until years from now.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Life is long and things change. Your situation as awful as it may be, is temporary. The life you are living isn't the life you will live. That's why everyone tells you to hang in there, find support, and get therapy which is an amazing tool to work things out.

We get programmed into thinking that success = x. But it's all bs. You don't have to be anything, you don't have to make some set of decisions to live this life everyone thinks you should. Maybe your failures / bad choices you think you are making is a message to you to find a path that is truer to your passions.

Invisible Fan and ROXRAN like this.
  15. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

But we can quantify success.

How much money you make, how many friends you have or people you have sex with. Job titles.

Its a competitive, cruel world. The worst advice I got growing up was to "be yourself' and "do what makes you happy".

Power, money, and sex...those are the only three things that matter. And having the second one translates to the other two.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This. Most psychiatrists don't take insurance but there are always some around who do. Look around. There is a legit online service for psychiatrists, too. I forget the name but can find it if you need it.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of that actually matters. It didn't make me happy, and the people who do seem happy from it, it's an illusion. I can't tell you how many of my friends from college who went on to be successful lawyers, doctors, and bankers now have tons of money, kids, and yet are so miserable and unhappy. Yes being poor and struggling sucks, but you don't need the other extreme to be incredibly happy. Not at all. You can decide to live by the standards of success that other people create - people trapped in a prison who are slaves to society's definition of success constantly striving to maintain an image, keep up with the jones, and sacrifice what they truly want all in the sames of what they "should do" so others can judge them to be happy. Does that's sound like the right way to live your life?

It is a cruel world and when you show your true self a lot of people will attack you for it, laugh at you, or worse, write you off and ignore you. So you put on a mask to try to twist and conform yourself to be acceptable. You care what others think of you because how can you not? It's human and we are social creatures. But ultimately that's your source of unhappiness. Who's your master? Social norms and what you've been indoctrinated to believe is success? Or is it something else?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Power is not attainable in any realistic form for most conflict averse and minimally compassionate people, sex is probably more accessible than you think but has risks and costs that just got higher. Money does buy time, alternatives and a lack of uncertainly, but so does planning and managing expectations.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

You hang in don't ever give up you are who you are let no one person define you.