1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Knicks are the stupidest franchise in the history of sports

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 23, 2022.

1. what

what Member

So they basically make all of these trades to target Jalen Brunson, lol?

Mark Cuban will never let that happen. There must be some brain damage in that front office. This team.

JayGoogle likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I dunno.

Kings passed on Doncic and Ivey, all within 5 years of each other. One is already one of the best players in the league and the other could be a franchise cornerstone too, helping out the other franchise cornerstone, in Cunningham.

TheJuice, roslolian, DreamR and 3 others like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This doesn't seem that bad to me:

#11 for 3 future firsts + cap room for Brunson.

Obv. depends on the protection but, i mean was Ousmane Dieng or Jalen Duren turning the Knicks around? Probably not this year.

Yung-T and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ehh, even if they do end up getting Brunson, is he turning the Knicks around?

At least with Dieng and/or Duren, they could be solid starters and anchor your frontcourt, gaining experience and playing time while you wait for Kemba's contract to expire. When that happens, you'd most likely sign a better player than Brunson.

JamesC likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

all i know is jalen brunson is about to b a very rich man

vince and KelvinCato13 like this.
  6. SamFisher

Those guys are both very raw/project types - are they passing up any of the Knicks current guys next year under Thibodeau? Probably not, especially if they resign Robinson.

I actually think 3 firsts is equal value there, not even considering the salary dump. Expected value of pick 11 range is not super high - you're getting a player that's historically closer to pick 25 than pick 5, at least according to what I've read

#6 SamFisher, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Overpaying a Free Agent over Scouting, Drafting, Player Developing is a Terrible Strategy.

The Draft will always be the Lifeblood of Sports Teams, Astros, Rockets, Texans, Comets Teams are built through the Draft

BigShasta and TheJuice like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

They will never change lol

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Knicks and Kings are the biggest jokes in the NBA

steddinotayto and tinman like this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Knicks and their fans aren't patient enough for a true rebuild. So making Jalen Brunson their big move is what they feel obligated to do. And it isn't that bad. It will supposedly be for 20 million a year. He's a solid starter. Will improve the team, won't make them a contender, but won't ruin their salary either. It actually seems prudent. o_O

rockets1995 and TheJuice like this.
  11. what

what Member

there were a lot of good player and perhaps stars at 11 and they gave that up for 3 PROTECTED first round picks.
    This draft was super deep and there is bound to be stars in it but the same old knicks.

12. SamFisher

They're like 1-14 protected. If they all end up at the median value of 23, that's just flat better than the expected value of 11, historically.

This is an example of what i said awhile backt - OKC collected more draft picks than they could possibly use and have to take a haircut to consolidate them now, which is perfectly fine

13. SamFisher

... Since the Knicks acquired 3 future 1sts i guess they... agree?

14. what

what Member

they gave up 4 second round picks. I just don’t understand them. They consistently make grand plans for free agency and nothing works out.
    They draft Porzingis and then trade him. I mean I just don’t understand this team.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They could have traded down because all these teams want Ivey
    They have sucked since Rick Adelman left

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is Brunson turning the Knicks around?

At least Duren is cheap.

17. SamFisher

Even if they don't get Brunson, they, at least according to the charts, traded lesser draft pick value now for greater draft pick value in the future - basically the exact same thing people praise Sam Presti for and blast the Knicks for being too short-sighted to do.

Nook likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagine being the guy that orchestrated the creation of a Fournier-Brunson starting backcourt for an NBA team.

Richie_Rich, JamesC and BigDog63 like this.
  19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Talk about Brunson getting offered a near max contract...5 years, $175M. He's good, but he's not worth that...unless signing it suddenly makes him 5 inches taller? If that is the price, Cuban needs to let that happen. Not via free agency, but a sign and trade. There isn't anything he brings to the Mavs that Dinwiddie can't do (although admittedly Brunson did it much more consistently last year).

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's worse than that. Kings been one pick away a lot.