1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Stone play 3D chess?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheJuice, Jun 23, 2022.

1. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

My theory is Stone told Orlando "pick Paolo and well pick Jabari and swap the two..." then Stone left Orlando holding the bag.

Its the only way it makes sense for me.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Stone wanted Paolo badly too. I’d probably guess if OKC had #1 they go Paolo as well. Stone just wasn’t willing to part with assets to move up if there was even an opportunity to do so. We’ll find out soon what the ORL thought process was since this type of shakeup caught everyone off guard. Jabari is a great consolation prize and doesn’t come with the same concerns as Chet for me.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

This is the only thing that makes sense to you? What didn’t make sense to me was why there was no Banchero-Magic buzz pre-draft. The Magic need a go-to scorer and Banchero fills that need.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo makes more sense to Orlando who are in desperate need of a dominant alpha guy to run the offense through. The made a best fit over best player available. that at least is the only way it makes sense to me.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think Orlando just did a very good job of keeping it under wraps. They probably told Houston they were going to take PB 10 min before the draft and they asked for a boatload to move up. I am a bit sad but it is just because I had it 100% in my mind we were getting PB. When I pull back and look at it, we got one of the 3 bigs and we are good to go. And again, it is easier to build around Sengun with Smith. PB and Alpi would have made it work but the spacing and roles would overlap a little.

Green, Jaygup, KPJ and Sengun going to have plenty of space now.

TheJuice likes this.
  6. PCT24

PCT24 Member

This is what I’ve been saying. They need a guy like Paolo and Jabari is the perfect fit for Houston.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Magic picked the best player on their board.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sometimes things just happen

Rocket River

10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Morey used to play 4D chess.

clutchdabear and chadyang like this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He needs to find someone to run the offense and be a playmaker. Any young dudes in FA?

12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I wanted Jabari all along so I am very happy with the draft. We gonna be a problem soon. Very soon