1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING! Paolo Banchero Now the Betting Favorite to go No.1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

100% agree on the ball handling duties.

BUT hope they do not give up too much to get him.

#181 Believe It!, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Verbal Christ and Zen Tabak like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Woj always hits us with those non-event tweets too.

"Join us later today as we discuss the NBA draft"

Come on Woj why are you doing this to me lol

3. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Goats

cheke64 likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need @Salvy to photoshop Pao in there

Yung-T and Salvy like this.
  5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Remember odd manipulation is all about profit. Sharp money is going to move the lines today. It's unusual, but it's a top heavy big man draft. The Rox need to chill TFO and take what's available at 3 period. The mind games today were expected. Woj already tweeted out expectations, which usually come to fruition. Grab and beer and get ready to google.

D-rock likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My hopes and dreams of putting Jabari’s shooting next to Green’s is dying out. I wanted to let my light shine, not hide it under a bush. Oh no! Gotta let it shine!!

bobloblaw and D-rock like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol all that meaningless talk for weeks. Woj puts the hammer down and "consensus" is now used

D-rock likes this.
  10. RocketsDraftTV

we've been using ball movement the past 3 years and its gotten us nowhere. Unless you can spend like the warriors, ball movement offense wont work. Look at the current san antonio spurs for proof. The new wave in the nba is the trend harden started, is putting the ball in you're best players hands and making them lead your team. We just saw it the past 2 years with trae making the ecf and luka making the wcf that it works

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

I gotchu, later when Im home thou....

cheke64 likes this.
  12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

This is so weird. Banchero didn't workout for Orlando and suddenly favorite to go #1 according to vegas? Well I'll go with Woj. Vegas isn't the one drafting.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's dependent on the type of player your star player(s) are though. Luka isn't much of an off ball player and neither is Trae. Both are bucket go getters and that's where they are at there best. Both scoring and the attention they get from defense that opens up the rest of the team. but we now know they need another star next to them to take another step in winning. It works for GS because Klay/Curry can move off ball well and it creates havoc for a defense. There's no 1 one way to play that proves to works. It all depends on who you build your team around and whether it translates to playing winning basketball. Boston plays both ball movement and puts the ball in their best players hands and they got to the finals.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I connected the dots.

Fertitta owns a gambling businesses in Vegas. Fertitta is best friends with Trump. Numbers were down in bets so he pulled a misinformation campaign.

D-rock and jdiggidy like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

@Easy provided a spot on explanation of what happens

He is no longer the favorite btw and its Smith by a mile now pretty much bc of Woj

16. dmoneybangbang

I could live trading our 17th and 26th draft picks to grab Paolo if the Rockets really want him, otherwise just take whoever is left at 3

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I don't care as long as it's one of the top 3. I just afraid Stone panic and did some stupid trade.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I just dont want Chet.... i think he will have an injury plagued career - that i want no part of...
    If he's the guy thats there at 3, i guess we have to take him... and hopefully immediately flip him...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

there is no trade to be made out of the top 3. none of that talk made any sense to begin with

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on how long he held onto Wood, how long he's holding onto Gordon and how long Wall sat out I don't think the word "panic" is in Stone's vocabulary.

Madmanmetz, Verbal Christ and YOLO like this.