1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, that might be what makes it fun coming here

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Come on, if Green was in this draft you'd be saying the same thing. Which scoring guard hurt you? lol
    Jaden can be a D-Wade/Ja morph and a chance to end up the best of the class. It is a top 4. It's just the teams with the top picks already got their primary backcourt players drafted recently. Star guards and wings have been primary players winning championships and contending for the longest now with the exception of the anomaly that is the Greek Freak who can't do it without his scoring wing.

King1 likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@NewAge where you at man?? Who are you feeling are the most masculine/feminine players this year??

topfive, Verbal Christ and red5rocket like this.
  4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

we all want one thing to be able to win an NBA title, IMO Thunder/magic are use to being bad teams/drafting high we are still new to this rockets have only had three tanking seasons in our team history we are more use to winning then we are losing like them.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Damn he’s been out of commission for 16w

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

What was it like before yaomingmania?

Each of one of the characters in Aliens are Rockets fans in a nut shell with the majority of us being Private Hudson's:

Verbal Christ and cheke64 like this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure I want Bryce McGownes's mom's big board included as it has a slight bit of favoritism on the top of her board.

jiggyfly, Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was a different situation last year, I preferred the big over the athletic SG but Green was always in the talk about the top picks.

This time around, the team already has the quick athletic SG.... so I'm not for drafting a lesser version of what we already have. He's not a top tier player AND he doesn't fit on a team with Jalen Green.

There's really no coherent case for Ivey.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

No, i get you when it comes to our situation, but a team with a log jam of bigs takes Ivey top 1,2 or 3 which makes him a top 4 player right? Despite his fit on the Rockets, or the other top 4 teams. This huge gap between #3 and Ivey isn't very true at all imo, but just a next best prospect behind 3. We can both agree he doesn't fit this current roster, though.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree that fit could have potentially pushed him higher, but I think if you are creating a roster from scratch, Ivey isn't a top 3 pick.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agreed, hence #4 prospect

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You ask good questions - with Smith specifically currently he's an ancillary player. Maybe Stone is looking for more of an engine and not a role player that needs refining on offense? Fit isnt a thought at the top of the draft you take the best player and who that guy is will vary depending on each GMs vision for his team and I think Stone happens to favor offense. Neither Jabari, Chet or even Paolo are wings. They are all skilled bigs with differing degrees of defensive impact and likewise offensive capability. Houston needs size more than position. Stone could address both in this draft according to his own independent board. All Im saying is that if Stone moves up for his guy how is that a bad thing if his guy is rated above the others for him? If he moves up for Banchero and he becomes an perennial all star and borderline MVP guy would that not have made it worth it? Seems as if things will remain static without any movement among the top 3 teams and each franchise gets "their guy" so it all could be moot. I agree to a certain extent on using assets to find tier 1 type players just not sure that waiting for a playoff team is the best time to use them.

jiggyfly and liveguy like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Clutch Fans in a nutshell!

[​IMG]

Caesar and cheke64 like this.
  15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Now add in Victor and the question next year will be How can any team beat JG,Paolo and Victor in a seven game series in the playoffs?

topfive likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

We shall see…

All i’m saying is i’m happy with any one of the top 3.

Could even justify Ivey (assuming they trade KPJ) or even maybe trading back a couple picks, picking up a couple more picks for down the road, and taking Sharpe.

But with regard to where they are slotted right now, i’m happy with Smith, Holmgren or Banchero.

I just don’t want Stone to fall for any pump-fakes and waste ammo he doesn’t have to.

After the 2023 draft, this teams needs to be a playoff team.

Right now for’22, we just need to add the optimal pieces available and see marked improvement from last season to this upcoming season.

I trust Stone’s judgement…just don’t want him to get okie doked.

topfive and Verbal Christ like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean those forums are a bunch of herd mind? :p

jiggyfly and liveguy like this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Everytime I log on to CF this song starts playing.

Verbal Christ likes this.