1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[MacMahon] Why the Houston Rockets are going all-in on their 'very painful' rebuild

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lots of simps in her pocket watching.

how about instead of crying you go make some fun coupons lol.

[​IMG]

Nook, Duke Fan, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don't find this rebuild painful at all (at least not the last season) - I don't think I had this much fun during a regular season in a long time. It is a lot more exciting to see young players develope and show their potential, than a team just routinely winning games. And the race to worst was actually also kinda exciting.

Now, missing the playoffs hurts, but is expected. Personally I am having a blast rolling with this young team and seeing, what they can do, while loading up on assets.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

"Hopefully, that leads to some wins, but development is the priority."

"We're trying to build a core of individuals who can become the foundation of a really good team,"

Seems like a large amount of folks here who wanted to avoid going this route at first are finally coming around to it. Anyone thinking this year will still be measured by wins will be disappointed. Rockets clearly start judging success based on wins at the start of the 2023 season.

ico4498 and KingSamJack like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wonder if the Rockets take someone like TyTy tonight who I actually have grown to like

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Reasons : some of us are trying to do better, go higher, and make a better life for ourselves and family, and can appreciate those who have done so. Others want to wallow in self pity and assign blame instead.

Imagine everyone being the former or being the latter, and the country/world being better off which way?

Duke Fan, rfrocket, Spooner and 5 others like this.
  6. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Working class my ass. He comes from a mafia family background that have been running clubs in restaurants in the area for a hundred years. We love to glorify those who start on third base and make it home. I wish I could have grown up so “Working Class”. I won’t go into his shitty business practices, because I can’t type on this tiny keyboard enough to rant.

7. raining threes

Tillman started out with 100 grand and worked 80-90 hours a week while taking huge risks to get to where he's at today.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Duke Fan, Salvy, cmlmel77 and 2 others like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He’s definitely undervalued because Big and wings seem to be the priority for GMs. If he were to drop past 10 I’d trade anyone minus our young core and 17 for him.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

L Ron Hubbard vibes.

Nook, Invisible Fan and SamFisher like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

@ch44 mentioned him as a name to watch out for. He was misused/played out of position all year and then numbers dipped after an ankle injury. So if teams are judging by stats he is definitely undervalued

Nook and saleem like this.
  11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

OKC and Trust the Process Philly fans are losing their minds on Twitter over this article :eek:

Invisible Fan and steddinotayto like this.
  12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I am glad we have some type of direction, you're are either a treadmill status team or you're a championship type team. We don't want to end up like the kings who only want to make the playoffs that organization has no championship goals.

saleem and xaos like this.
  13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If you aren’t even smart enough to know what young Fertita was talking about, you ain’t building your way to own a yacht

Duke Fan, raining threes and CXbby like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^Man - I figured laughing at the Fertitta boys zooming about sacrifice on their superyacht would be common cause for Rockets fans but it looks like I didn't complete the mandatory Diamond Hands/Rich Dad Poor Dad/MLM sensitivity training course.

:(

15. raining threes

LMAO

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

As long as you don't start disparaging Tony Robbins we'll be okay...LMAO!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shark44 and DasouthDakota like this.
  18. raining threes

Did he work very hard to get where he is today?

He was given a loan for 100 grand to get started up. Do you know what happens to people who don't pay the mob back?

Yes, Tillman is a risk taker and as it should be, to risk takers for the spoils.

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

This is why I'm not sour on NOT getting the #1 overall pick in either of the last 2 years.

Dating back to 1980 only 4 teams have drafted a #1 pick and had that same player win a championship for them. And out of those 3 teams only Olajuwon carried his team to a championship (twice) from nothing.

Lakers drafted Worthy through a trade and already had a powerhouse team. Cavs drafted LeBron but didn't win until they drafted Kyrie (After LeBron left) and only won when LeBron came back. And the Spurs drafted Duncan but only because Robinson was injured and they tanked the season with an excellent core in place.

Some of those #1 picks ended up winning a ring eventually but not with their original drafted teams. (Shaw, Wiggins, AD, etc). Also, since 2000 only 2 other teams (besides the Cavs) that drafted a #1 pick eventually won a ring (Toronto and Milwaukee) but both after a decade or so.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I wanted to go this route after Yao and T-Mac era was over. Then we got Harden. Hopefully this time we stick to the plan. I prefer a team with its core players royal to the team like 00's Spurs and now GSW.

xaos likes this.