1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Phoenix daydreaming about Gordon doing this for them. Pay up, man.

Shark44, BigM, Htown Legend and 4 others like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't even tell you how amped I would be for us to combine 17 & 26 to get somewhere like 12-14 and then still have the 23rd pick from Philly.

3rd, late lotto pick and 23rd sounds very good to me. Would be so much fun.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Phoenix not gonna make the same mistake twice. Stone holding out for a future 1st. I predict this gets done. Their window is closing. They needed more firepower in the playoffs, EG will really help that team. I think this gets done.

Deckard, jcmoon, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

Trade up is fine, an extra FRP next year be even better.

KingSamJack and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

@mikedantoni
    upload_2022-6-21_19-42-30.jpeg

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We are wayyyy overvaluing EG. He is 33 and has an injury history with a significant contract. He may fetch a second rounder or moving up a spot or two in the draft. Think #26 and EG for #23 and Danny Green. That’s it….everyone needs to be more realistic.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“If you’re a GM in the NBA and Daryl Morey hasn’t called and offered you #23 and Matisse Thybulle for someone on your roster, you’ve probably had your phone shut off.” — Woj

jcmoon, Yung-T, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cam reddish??

Deckard, Shark44, jcmoon and 5 others like this.
  10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Gordon and #17 for Reddish, #11, and Kemba Walker.

#170 utgrad97, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    Deckard, Bo6, Rudyc281 and 8 others like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Morey now has supposedly offer Tucker 30 million bucks in a three year deal.what’s next signing Ariza as a free agent? Lol.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You are really overlooking something important -

They set themselves up to have huge cap space that offseason but free agency isn't the only avenue of taking on salary.
    They will be able to make trades and not be concerned with matching money because of that massive amount of cap space.

Aside from trades, its a year away and while most of the leagues stars are getting old - Lebitch, KD, Curry, Harden, CP3, Love, Westbrook, Wall all close to the end of the road .... there will be some breakout players and they may be part of that class of 23 free agents.

Double max cap space to add to Green, Sengun, Christopher, 3rd pick , KPJ , KMJ & Tate ....
    I'll take my chances with the assets in hand and that cap space over adding a mid round pick or two to dump salary and being unable to maneuver the cap as a result.

Keeping your cap clear of bad contracts is huge in todays league where things can change in the blink of an eye.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Feigen says we're also pursuing Claxton. Rim protection will be interesting next year.

Sengun
    Banchero
    Claxton? (not seeing it, but ok)
    Garuba. <- mystery box; maybe Usman will surprise us.

#174 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    jcmoon and Corrosion like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not seeing Claxton either .... makes no sense. He hasn't played much on a team desperate for help.

Believe It! and jcmoon like this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You are totally undervaluing Gordon. He is a 3 and d player who can also create his own shot. You think teams like phoenix and Philly are thinking long term or shot term. In the short term a guy like Gordon is so much more valuable than whoever they get at 23.

jcmoon, Yung-T and ilovehtownbb like this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just adding the math to your ideas ....

Is EG a big enough upgrade over Bledsoe or Hart plus filler for Portland to pull trigger on? Is there someone better than EG & 17 out there for Bledsoe's contract and #7?

How do they get to $15,654,688 in outgoing salary?

They have two contracts over $10m other than Dame. Bledsoe at $19.375 and Josh Hart at $12.96. After that their contracts are $4.1m or less.​

Keep in mind that it gets harder to bring in multiple contracts once the season starts as the roster shrinks from 20 to 15 and each contract in the trade needs a roster spot to land in.

The Knicks are one of the few teams that could make the numbers work, just have to wonder who they are willing to part with in exchange .... Fournier straight up works but I don't want 3 years of him in return. Same for Rose and filler- I don't want 2 years of Rose on my cap.
    Maybe Kemba and one of Taj Gibson or Reddish? Can you see them offering Barrett or Burks and another $4m in filler? (Easily done by guaranteeing the necessary amount of Gibson's contract for the year).

Philly makes a lot of sense with Green's $10m burning a hole in their pockets but they still have to come up with another $5.6m to make the money work - Forkmaz gets them there, Thybulle leaves them a $600k short, Niang $1.5m short. Who do they add ?

Boston has Horfords partial guarantee of $19.5m to get a deal done. Other than that its Theis and filler which I can't see happening. Is EG the best they can do for Horfords expiring deal and next years #1? They owe this years pick to the Spurs.

Shark44 and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Maybe add Thybulle….moving to 23 from 26 may get us a much better player or allow a better move up trade.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

this is just wrong and provably wrong McMahon and others have already reported rockets have multiple offers of first round picks for Gordon and did so last year.

who cares his age if he’s producing ? Also 19 million isn’t a lot for that caliber of player and neither will be a 20 mil option if he is the missing piece on a championship team.

if Gordon is worth a 1st then he absolutely could be packaged to move up. Hollingers asset chart has the 17/26 worth about as much as pick 7 so 17 and Gordon alone probably could get the rockets 7 or 8 based on just value.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d love this. I’d probably even throw in the 26th pick to make it happen. Reddish could be exactly what we need, and moving up to a much better spot in the draft? No brainer.

raining threes and Shark44 like this.