1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo is Harrison Barnes, Chet will be a bust — Ivey or, as I told y’all at the lottery, I like this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Asian Sensation

Banchero is about to show the world he’s on Harrison Barnes’ level.

2. what

what Member

maybe Rua’s level.

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Dude STFU!!! Stupid ass post

megastahr likes this.
  4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This is more of an indictment of your basketball mind than anything lol. I initially thought smith was the No brainer until I researched and studied the prospects …. Paolo is by far the best player with the most potential to be a no 1 on a team in this draft. It’s all a crap shoot but that’s your best bet.

that’s why all the smart draft people are saying he’s no 1 in their ranking. Like Hollinger who was one of the few that had Sengun in his top 5 last year.

But I am sure your analytics background and years of scouting experience as well as countless hours of research you must have put in research is to be trusted above all else ………………..

5. TimDuncanDonaut

It's expectations right. Harrison Barnes is in the league for 10 years now. He already out lasted NBA career average. (# years)

When win-now team talks about trade-chips, they are asking if Barnes is available.

Is he considered a bust, or someone with a fairly decent NBA career. Harrison was a 7th pick (2012). He's not a 3rd, so expectations / pressure for Chet/Paolo will be higher. If someone turns out to be a Harrison, is that an insult, or a mild compliment?

The recent #3 picks have been good; but looking further back, you start getting to the Jahill Okafor, Otto Porter, Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors. When scouts say this year is maybe not as deep, that could play a role in bust-ability in lot of the top prospects.

The draft ranking are just that a snapshot evaluation of the little hooping these potential draftee have done so far (college, g-league, overseas). No one really knows how people will turn out, we're all just guessing.

#25 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Jayzers_100, AXG and DreamR like this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Nail in the coffin. Need to find a way to get Chet.

YOLO likes this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Dyson Daniels about to show the world he is on Ben Simmon's level?

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

What

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

What is considered bust? Those out of the league in 5 years like Anthony Bennett or those don’t like up to their hype like Kawme Brown?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

both are considered actual busts especially being drafted at #1. If either of these guys came in undrafted etc, nobody would care who they were

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Yeah. Should’ve use 2nd pick but too lazy to look up who were second picks.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OP should be banned for his butchery of the English language.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean both clearly had better careers than those two who went #1

14. alethios

alethios Member

15. what

what Member

Barnes was a guy with immense physicality and an all around player, but he didn’t have that killer instinct to just be better than everyone.
    When you draft the best Duke player he probably won’t be a complete bust, it’s sort of like Christian Laettner, but I don’t see Paolo reaching even laettner in that.
    Go back to Jay Williams and Shane Battier. All solid players, nothing special.
    The best player that came out of Duke was probably Grant Hill, which to me was a surprise because Hill seemed like that same Duke player. But he was able to transition to superstar.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Agree with couple of the pros and cons on Barnes. As far as his archetype, his skill set is valued more now (in today's game) than maybe when he first got into the league. Mentality-wise, yes maybe not an alpha.

Jay Williams is a total bust. Rockets picked Yao, was totally the correct move.

I have tinted homer glasses on for Battier, he's one of my favorite players. Bought a lot of good memories, to me he was special; but I'm not going to argue if you're not a fan of him. He's a 6th overall.

Grant Hill (#3) was very good. Recently was lobbying to get his jersey retired in Detroit, but that's not going well. W/L records at Detroit do matter somewhat. His skills was recognized by both fans and players.

I'm not super high on Paolo, will he turn into a Harrison Barnes / Antawn Jamison / David West / Lamar Odom type of players. It's certainly possible. In which case for us the Rockets (with the worst record); will be considered a mild bust at least. When teams are bad, the fans cling to optimism. (irrational or not).

#36 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks on here trying to overtake boobythegreat on who can have the shttiest takes on rookies yet to play a min.
    It's gonna b
    Hard to top boobythegreat take that green had the potential to being da next Corey Brewer.

Folks really have no patience

Pistol Pete likes this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

HOT TIP:

A thread title is different to the first sentence of your thought bubble.
    It shouldn't run on either...

don grahamleone, Dobbizzle and YOLO like this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Poor kid is now a sure fire bust.

We got the what confirmation.