1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have sold myself so hard on Paolo I am going to be disappointed when he goes Top 2

3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Stone has to be on clutchfans, this lines up with what @Nook told us that rockets don't value in person work outs as much as other teams.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

Doesn't mean much. Unless OKC or Orlando try to pull a Fultz for Tatum trade which I highly doubt is going to happen because, #1 Fultz was consensus #1 pick. Ball was consensus #2 pick. 76ers wanted Fultz

ATM Jabari and Chet are consensus #1 & #2. If Paolo is taken at either of those spots, I believe Magic/Thunder would keep Paolo.

Magic take Paolo to trade back but really want Jabari. They're risking Thunder taking Jabari

Now if Thunder take Paolo but really want Chet and Rockets take Chet. What's realistic trade for Thunder and Rockets? Thunder don't need more draft capital. Would Rockets trade Sengun and Chet for Paolo? I think that's bad trade for Rockets but it's a possibility.

Overall I don't think this matters unless Rockets make desperate trade up for Paolo which I don't think will happen.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I see them as an awkward fit that could end up working out.

As opposed to a Banchero / Sengun fit which will never work, and will ultimately lead to Sengun being a 20 minute a night bench player or traded.

#1826 larsv8, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  7. Student Loan

Student Loan Member

This is why I prefer Chet over Sengun for Rockets as an outside fan. Even though I think Paul will be the better player I think check can still be available starter by being elite rim protector who can space the floor.

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

These kinds of posts crack me up. You're right -- two nineteen year olds could never grow and adapt to one another. Everyone knows the NBA mantra: You will always be the player you are at 19.

jiggyfly, Drift Monkey, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[ORL/OKC keeping things under wraps]

Are they/Did they? Did they really?

I know the talking heads want to create drama, suspense, intrigue (as if there’s some doubt…there really isn’t IMO)

When Houston got the 3rd pick, they were taking whoever ORL/OKC didn’t.

@Bobbythegreat said it in one of these threads, top 5 is just about settled.

Orlando is taking Jabari
    OKC is taking Chet
    Houston is taking Paolo
    Kings are taking Murray [or Ivey] (I suppose a trade is still possible)
    Pistons are taking Ivey [or Murray]

I know, that’s boring for the talking heads (and ESPN, who is hosting the draft), doesn’t build suspense.

Y’all just looking for a reason to be mad at Rafael.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes.

I am sure Paolo and Alpi are both well on their way to dramatically increasing their height, wingspan and lateral quickness. Maybe they will develop that by year three, just gotta give them some time I guess.

:rolleyes:

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

People trashing on Stone for no apparent reason. How did we tip our hand in a 3 men draft when Magic and Thunder as well as analysts and scouts have all been saying Jabari/Chet for first 2 pick. Well obviously we are going to draft Paolo. Y'all just bored at this point. I just hope when Paolo's name is called on Thursday, us Rockets fans will all be behind him and cheering him on. I'm tired of people fighting within this fandom over the stupidest things.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I don't get about the media is this...

How can the Rockets tip their hand? It's the media that says Banchero will go number 3. So the Rockets will end up picking him because that's who they expect to be there. It makes sense that if the Rockets want Chet or Jabari, they should hype up that they want Banchero and are willing to move up for him. What else are they going to say, "Ummm, yeah, we really rather have Chet or Smith"

Drift Monkey, Bo6, seclusion and 3 others like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's been obvious from day one.

Reeko likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like a glove.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nook was just quoting Stone.

Stone said himself to the media that he only gives 1% weight to prospect workouts.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Also since the trade isn't official, couldn't they Rockets still technically walk away from it? Sure it would piss off the Mavs, but right now the trade is basically a pinky promise.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This year everyone pretty much showed their cards.

Jabari wants Orlando and Orlando wants Jabari

Chet wants OKC and OKC wants Chet

Banchero wants Houston and Houston wants Banchero.

The only real drama in the top 5 is if the Kings take Murray or if they trade down with someone who wants Ivey... who wants to go 5th to Detroit and Detroit wants him. He absolutely doesn't want to go 4th.

Drift Monkey, Bo6 and red5rocket like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

media always trying so hard to make the Rockets look bad

Jabari and Chet didn’t even bother to show up here because everyone and their momma has had a good idea of how the top of this draft was gonna go from day 1

the only bit of suspense has been between who’s headed to Sacramento or Detroit between Murray and Ivey, and even that looks kinda settled

“Rockets tipped their hand”…ha, please…

wasn’t anything to even tip, we all knew what it was since lotto night

not everything has to be some sort of game or fake slight of hand

jiggyfly, Drift Monkey, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

It has always been this simple.

Drift Monkey, BigM and Reeko like this.