1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Draft Guillotine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jun 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Put your necks on the chopping block because I'm sick of you so-called "experts" wrecking every thread. :D

Answer the following before the draft begins. Feel free to leave an explanation, but don't respond to anyone else's post. This isn't a place to get into a war about why each other is wrong. Pick one of the 500 other threads you've derailed for that!

I'm curious to see how many of you have the guts to post in this thread and how many will ignore it and choose to be experts in other threads. These are your final answers! This is where legends are made and clowns are crowned!

Who do you think will be considered the 5 best players from this draft (in 5 years or so)? Rank them 1-5, best to worst.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a "bust" in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

1)
    2)
    3)

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26. If you think the Rockets will ultimately trade those picks and move up or out, go ahead and state so. If anybody gets this one right, I'll be impressed. :D (Note : if these positions/picks change before the draft, just update the thread with your changes, if you want)

3)
    17)
    26)

mikol13, wlekfjv923n, Bo6 and 10 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can I provide my answers *after* DD does? Or is that cheating?

clos4life, ArtV, topfive and 26 others like this.
  4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Who do you think will be considered the 5 best players from this draft (in 5 years or so)? Rank them 1-5, best to worst.

1) Chet Holmgren
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Jabari Smith
    4) Jaden Ivey
    5) Keegun Murray

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a bust in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

1) Shaedon Sharpe
    2) AJ Griffin
    3) Ousmane Dieng

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26. If you think the Rockets will ultimately trade those picks and move up or out, go ahead and state so. If anybody gets this one right, I'll be impressed. :D (Note : if these positions/picks change before the draft, just update the thread with your changes, if you want)

3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Jalen Williams
    26) MarJon Beauchamp

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Best 5;

1) Ivey
    2) Banchero
    3) Mathurin
    4) Murray
    5) Smith

‘Busts’

1) Daniels
    2) Eason
    3) Holmgren

Picks:

3) Banchero
    17) Traded with EG for 15, draft Williams
    26) Beauchamp

#5 groovemachine, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Invisible Fan and Aruba77 like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how people can predict these guys paths with any accuracy. If you look at the history of NBA drafts over the years, it seems a lot of mistakes get made and it's often that a pick in the teens outshines everyone. Anyway, here goes.

1. Jabari Smith
    2. Paul Banchero
    3. Shaedan Shape
    4. AJ Griffin
    5. Jaden Ivy

Busts
    1. Chet
    2. Keegan Murray
    3. Dyson Daniels

Rocket Picks

3. Jabari or Banchero whichever is available
    17 & 26 - traded for future picks

Rockets have too much young talent already, there's no way they can draft more guys unless it's to pick up a rim protector.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Formatted this thing wonky AF sorry!

8. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

Best 5:
    1) Jaden Ivey
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Keegan Murray
    4) Mark Williams
    5) Jalen Williams

Busts:
    1) Jabari Smith
    2) Chet Holmgren
    3) Shaedon Sharpe

Picks:
    3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Tari Eason
    26) EJ Liddell

9. xaos

xaos Member

I'm certainly no expert since I only watch a few college games but I'll play:

Best players in 5 years:
    Smith
    Ivey/Banchero
    Murray
    Duren

Highly touted but ends up a bust:
    *Chet
    Sharpe

*Bust in the context of being drafted top 5. He has the highest upside of them all along with the work ethic so this one is my boldest take in these predictions. I'd assume around his 5th year he starts showing why he was ranked high, but up until that point he gets bullied. Injuries aren't the concern with his frame but players running straight into his body drawing fouls will be.

Who are we picking?
    Banchero
    Trading up for Eason
    Trading for a 2023 FRP

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1.Paolo
    2.Ivey
    3.Jabari
    4.Chet
    5.Ty Ty

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

1) Chet
    2) Ivey
    3) Jabari
    4) Banchero
    5) Sharpe

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a "bust" in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

1) Duren
    2) Adrian Griffin Jr
    3) Mark Williams

There's plenty of other names on this list but just kept it at 3 since thats what the criteria was

3) banchero
    17) Eason
    26) packaged in a trade

12. PWR

PWR Member

5 Best:
    Paolo Banchero
    Jabari Smith
    Chet Holmgren
    Ochai Ogbaji
    Benedict Mathurin

3 Busts:
    Jalen Duren
    Jeremy Sochan
    TyTy Washington

Rockets picks:
    Paolo Banchero
    Tari Eason
    Jaylin Williams

groovemachine likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hell of a post. This should be interesting. For years to come. :)

giddyup likes this.
  14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Now this is the ballsy type of thread I like to see :D

Top 5 when all is said and done
    Jabari
    Ivey
    Murray
    Banchero
    Daniels

Busts
    Chet
    Duren
    Sharpe

Actual Picks
    Banchero
    Eason
    Traded away.

giddyup likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1) Jabari Smith
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Chet Holmgren
    4) Keegan Murray
    5) Jaden Ivey

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a bust in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

1) Shaedon Sharpe
    2) Jalen Duren
    3) Walker Kessler

3) Paolo Banchero
    17 and 26 will be traded

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

While I appreciate OP's effort, one of the most critical factors is what team these guys go to and how their developed. This exercise might be more useful after we see how the draft unfolds and who goes where.

1) Paolo Banchero
    2) Chet Holmgren
    3) Jabari Smith
    4) Jalen Williams
    5) Jaden Ivey

1) AJ Griffin
    2) TyTy Washington
    3) Patrick Baldwin

3) Paolo Banchero - PF
    17) Jalen Williams - SG/SF
    26) Kendall Brown - SF/PF

xaos likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Best:
    Chet
    Paolo
    Sharpe
    Mathurin
    Ivey

Busts:
    Jabari
    Jovic
    Davis
    Griffin
    Liddell

Ours:
    Jabari
    Williams
    Kessler

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

1) Banchero
    2) Holmgren
    3) Ivey
    4) Shaedon Sharpe
    5) Mathurin

1) Duren
    2) Jabari Smith
    3) Eason

*I don’t really think any of these guys will be busts. Just think with these guys there’s a chance they won’t be as good as the general consensus thinks. But at the same time I’d be fine if the Rockets ended up with any of them and took a swing.

3) Banchero

17) completely unsure
    26) No f’n idea

19. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Rank them 1-5, best to worst.

1) Chet
    2) Ivey
    3) Keegan
    4) Paulo
    5) Dyson

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a "bust”

1) Chet
    2) Jabari
    3) Schaedon

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26.

3) Chet
    4) Ivey

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

1. Jabari Smith Jr.
    2. Jaden Ivey
    3. Chet Holmgren
    4. Paolo Banchero
    5. Shaedon Sharpe
    6. AJ Griffin
    7. Keegan Murray