1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Pettiness and trolling

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Jun 17, 2022.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Pithy, and it works beautifully in two different ways: both the turtles reference and also our steep downward trajectory.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. foh

foh Member

If their own home media is doubting them, I could see how there might be a chip on a shoulder for all the disrespect they were getting - wasn't there a point where Chuck told Klay to his face on TV that warriors are done competing?

Who that pettiness is directed at is probably a matter of random chance.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. tksense

tksense Member

Don't think it's a random choice.

You can feel when people doubt you as a matter of opinion or concern (the core guys themselves doubted the management for bringing in young guys), this is still appreciated.
    There are other kind of doubts that one can feel the animosity, esp these guys play each other on the court throwing around all kinds of petty insults. That's what boils over to twitter. It's not just a tweet, it's a history of many little things. It's like how you see a couple fighting over nothing in public, but in their mind they've actually been fighting much bigger things over the course of their relationship.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe if the Warriors won against the Rockets I would care, but I think it's good. I like the mess. It makes the games next season more fun when you have a saltiness to them.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They won.

If players really care, then don't come in fat and washed in preseason camp, maybe read a book on team chemisty.

Or learn how to plant your feet like Klay when defending threes while building a rep on D.

7. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

true, but I think the observation is that the hot takes are a more central part of the business model now and in the past they were something of a side-effect

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Warriors have been petty before, during and after they won. It's in Kerr, Klay, and Curry's nature. They've taken shots at the Rockets plenty of times since 2014. Recently they've even taken unnecessary shots at Memphis. Now Boston has given them a new villain to be the justification for their superiority complex. Green is the excitable donkey that just follows the room.

9. verysimplejason

And players don't give a #### on this. It's the owners' issue if it's actually an issue for them. Fans (Rockets and others) can just salivate on what if the team owners can do the same thing for their team. Knicks can do it. Lakers can do it. Move on.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ngl. i love this. shrug* forgive me

11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Inc @hakeem94 and "dumbalytics."

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

#whinechamps #softwarriors

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I guess they hold grievances, however small and petty, because it drives them? Maybe it’s the Jordan “...and I took that personally...” influence. I’m sure at a certain point, when you’ve made so much money and don’t really have many rational, real world motivating factors, you turn to petty things.

Slyonebluejay and B-Bob like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They're going to say all kinds of things, Steph. The trophies don't matter, I hope you know. I could list one hundred nasty things people could say right now, including all the lucky ways that good teams fell before you encountered them, that your often-injured guys stayed healthy, blah blah blah. They'll keep saying all these things. They'll say that they're in your head.

Who the **** cares what people say about you. FFS, enjoy being on top. Or don't. I don't really care. I definitely skipped your dumb parade, I will say that, now. :D

basso, Slyonebluejay and foh like this.
  15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding? I've been annoyed with them for years. More than annoyed. I don't care what the Worriers just did. They suck.

No class.

basso likes this.
  17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the warriors are good. they're also lucky, and dirty.

it's the latter two that will affect their place in history.

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lucky, yes. Dirty? Yes, but history will not judge them in that way. Just like Giannis injuring Kyrie will never be discussed. The Warriors just aren't the Bad Boys, more like punks, and Giannis isn't Laimbeer.

19. Major

Major Member

Most NBA teams that win titles have some luck involved. The Rockets were lucky to not run into the Sonics and their zone defense that Hakeem couldn't figure out. But you don't win 4 championships through luck. And it opens up a whole different can of worms the other way - would they have won 6 championships if it wasn't for their own injuries?

At the end of the day, no one cares about luck. No one cares that Jordan got away with a pushoff on his game winning shot. Or that the Lakers had crazy reffing in the Sacramento series in the Webber year. Ultimately, they are champions.

Why is it bad for Warriors players to be petty when NBA fans are petty all time? There are multiple threads here looking for reasons to diminish them. It seems like people are just upset that players are calling out the critics on their BS.

JumpMan likes this.
  20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's not just Draymond; it's Steph and Klay as well. and Kerr: the "turn my back and back into his landing spot" fouls when Harden was shooting threes were clearly coached.

and not just coached, but the refs had to have been paid off to swallow their whistles.

**** the warriors and their championships. they'll always have an asterisk in my mind.

ClutchCity3 likes this.