1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Hazing Gone Wrong: College Freshman Almost Dies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

kid looks to be 130 lbs at most being forced to drink a whole bottle of vodka in 1 night…then add head trauma on top of that

now the poor kid is blind and paralyzed…he can’t walk, talk, or see…his life is ruined

2 members of the frat have been charged with felony hazing and supplying alcohol to minors

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dumb traditions
    Like running with bulls

Reeko likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Fraternities shouldn't be allowed. They are archaic and serve no real purpose other than to perpetrate abusive behavior.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Freaking terrible

Nook likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

important for fund-raising when the abusers are older and wealthy

Nook likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s crazy what people will be forced to do just to join a frat

I’m sorry, but the second I see we’re being led to a basement while the frat bros are holding broom sticks and poles, I’m out

7. HTM

HTM Member

The privileged douche-bag kids will always find a way to congregate and be total pieces of ****. But sure, ban fraternities. Not like I care.

deb4rockets and Nook like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some of the worst hazing cases in the U.S. are in college marching bands

Nook likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I pledged a Frat and it's totally overrated, my Frat bros got pissed because I was still hanging out with my boys more than I did the Frat.

I hate to say it but it's` for guys who need to belong to something to boost their cred on the yard.

I don't regret it because it did open some doors and I have cultivated life long relationships but I have done very little Frat related stuff since graduation.

I received some physical hazing but even then I never would put my safety at risk but it just shows that the people who are attracted to these organizations usually have something missing and will do anything to get that bump on the social ladder.

At the end of the day, it was waste of time and money.

#9 jiggyfly, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not surprising when you have geeks and outcasts being given power over anybody they usually go overboard.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think that is the issue
    No one is FORCED into it. . .they can leave at anytime
    from my understanding...
    I think for some more than others
    Some people REALLY work those connections
    Same with being an alum of certain schools
    (I probably have not milked the AGGIE thing as much as the next person)

Alot of it depends on what you want out of it

Rocket River

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Yep, that sounds very similar to my experience. I did it for basically "bucket list" stuff, 1 pledge semester, 1 active semester, then I bailed.

Fraternities and Sororities were formed for reasons, those reasons have completely gone by the wayside (with some exceptions) and they don't serve any real purpose anymore.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think Black fraternities are closer nit than white fraternities, graduates seem to hold on to them and still be active later in life.

I don't know this to be true but I never here or see white frats talked about or represented like Black greek organizations, the paraphernalia is big business for graduates.