1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Pettiness and trolling

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Jun 17, 2022.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So, is anyone else annoyed by that team and their pettiness over the past 24 hours?

Goodness. You would think just being motivated to win another title would be enough but no...

Oh that horrible Ja Morant said mean things about us so we must reply. Take mean Jaren Jackson said unkind things. Those talking heads on ESPN that love to argue about everything for the sake of TV said some harsh things about us. Wahhh wahh wahh.

Jeez.
    They act like they're the only team that people have said mean things about or doubted(and they get wayyy less stick than other teams do...understandably so).

Who all thought they were done and couldn't get back to the finals? I know I'm not that smart and I couldn't have been the only one that saw how the last few years would benefit them and the addition of young talent via the draft, etc was going to help? (I figured Wiseman would play a bigger role but Kuminga and Moody were obviously huge for them all season).
    Who thought Klay was done? It's not as if he plays above the rim. Was he going to lose his ability to shoot the ball because he got two serious injuries? C'mon man.
    Those mean Celtics fans said unkind things about Ayesha Currys cooking and told Draymond to F off. Boohoo.

Seriously wth. Are others on here annoyed by that crap too?

(Yes they are the champs...they can do wtf they want...but cmon now)

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They are pretty much 2022 athletes they are way too thin skinned its why some refuse to rate them with the great dynasties of the past.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Trash people gonna be trash people. Why be surprised or even give them any attention?

slothy420, Sajan, Dacamel and 4 others like this.
  4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Yeah, greats from previous eras like Michael Jordan weren't petty and constantly in their feelings. That was definitely the take-away from Last Dance..........

Magic Johnson was known as a coach-killer early on because he didn't feel "heard" and "respected" enough. He must've been a Millennial.

Isiah Thomas totally didn't seethe with resentment about how he was ranked compared to other superstars.

5. xaos

xaos Member

Meh

DreamShook and JayGoogle like this.
  6. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I think the difference now is that it's more known thanks to Twitter, Tiktok, more sports channels who need to fill time.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I love it.
    Talk yo ****.
    I hope the Rockets are as petty when/if they win their next ring. :D

Now Jayson Tatum texting a dead Kobe and dressing like Kobe, that ****’s corny as hell. @RasaqBoi

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No one gave two ***** about the NBA when Magic did it the finals were still broadcast on tape delay back in those days.

verysimplejason and TheJuice like this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I have no issues with it. I just don’t like that they talk **** and are dirty AF but get called classy, etc.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the have like 1 trillion dollars in luxury tax.

11. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

I think it’s deserved, we need to stop living in ‘93-‘95 and start winning before we can talk about them

12. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I was telling my friend in SF (he's not a big sports fan) I couldnt root for the Warriors but I'll appreciate them in time. Kind of how I feel about the Kobe Lakers

don grahamleone and ferrari77 like this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I haven't actually seen any of this alleged pettiness. Turning off ESPN and getting off Twitter has major benefits.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

F the Warriors and all that, but the fact that NBA takes now overshadow NBA games is a huge downer.

Same is true with politics, current events, etc - the meta discussion of the event (mass shootings, war, jan 6, inflation, whatever) rapidly obscures the consequences of the event and ability to address the event in yhe future. It's just takes all the way down.

It's bad.

Deckard, RocketsDraftTV, HP3 and 6 others like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

I haven’t been paying attention but

they are the champs...they can do wtf they want...cmon now

CK Johnson and JayGoogle like this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch much this year but I am still upset about our 3 point debacle that we should have have survived (refs) ending one of their runs.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't care.

If the Stros won last year we'd be trolling too especially after all the flack we got.

A lot of people said they'd never win again and Warriors are serving crow. Nothing more than that.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

It’s as if Charlie Pallilo’s crap radio takes in the 1990s were broadcast to the world and left up on Twitter to live on forever. There were always bad sports hot takes, they just used to disappear and were forgotten about very quickly.

Zen Tabak, The Hunted and SamFisher like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well furk the NBA....

Still would watch

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree, humans have always been petty, including our favorite athletes from past eras, (always with a few graceful exceptions).

But it's kind of a dumb look and lowers my estimation of some of the Worriers, TBH. I mean, really, you care what BSPN talking heads say? Perkins? Or a guy who made one silly tweet about your corporate motto, "strength in numbers" :rolleyes: during the... regular season after they blew your team out of the gym?

Lord have mercy. If we thought some of our fellow posters had emotional internet issues, look at these NBA players. Wow. Have the world literally on a string but, nah... let's worry about inconsequential, irrelevant, loser voices who didn't praise us all the time.

Have to say though, as a Bay Area resident, local homer media was doubting them many times this season, trashing Klay's new form and lack of perimeter defensive quickness, trashing Draymond's focus, and wondering if they could flip a switch. It was not obvious, even to Kerr (and I heard too many interviews with that fathead this year), but hey, credit to them. They could turn the switch (and run through some sorry teams on the way to finals too).