1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I'm confused. What would you expect?

God himself could come down and get elected for either party. One thing for sure is that he would blame the other side long before he used his magical powers to fix anything.

TheJuice likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A platform. someone who has substance and not just talk.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

dc rock likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dr. Oz is a troll…I’m sorry, I just can’t take him seriously

if we found out he’s doing all this just because he lost a bet, I wouldn’t even be surprised…seems like he’s running for Senate because he was bored and wanted something new to do

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's not a particularly good sign for Democrats

Rocket River likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah those are rookie numbers

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

MojoMan likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

new poll, different numbers

Democrats more likely to vote in midterms after abortion ruling: poll

https://thehill.com/homenews/353798...-vote-in-midterms-after-abortion-ruling-poll/

excerpt:

More Democrats than Republicans questioned in a new survey say they are more likely to vote in the midterm elections after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour Marist poll, published on Monday, found that 78 percent of Democrats said they are more likely to vote in this year’s midterms in response to the ruling, which opened the door to state bans on abortion.

When asked the same question, 54 percent of Republican respondents said they are more likely to vote in November, while 53 percent of independents agreed.

Eighty-eight percent of Democrats, meanwhile, said they strongly oppose the Supreme Court's ruling on abortion, as did 53 percent of independents.

By comparison, 77 percent of Republican respondents said they support the ruling, while 10 percent opposed it.

Additionally, 59 percent of female respondents said in the poll that they disapprove of the court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, and 54 percent of male respondents agreed with the same sentiment.
    more at the link

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The numbers for Dems will likely go up as more stories will be politicized to harness anger of the initial ruling.

GOP has the congress on lock, I'm sure they'll lose a few close seats in the house because of this but...I would not be surprised if the Dems held the senate. A few close races there with Dems already leading their opposition.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect that the Republican voting numbers will increase as well.

Rocket River

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

the polls say not by much, the GOP has already milked the abortion thing for the past few decades, I doubt they have more people to convince because all of the one issue prolife people have already been voting red.

No one on the Dem side were one issue prochoice voters because people thought it was a sure thing. That it would never be overturned in the first place. It would be like someone being anti-segregation in schools, most people are of course, but it's not on the ballot, no one believes the SCOTUS would go so far backyard so no one is going to be like, "Oh yeah, I'm voting blue because I'm against segregation in schools!"

Dems and Independents that were prochoice never believed abortion was on the ballot but now they know without a doubt it is.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

Views of the economy have grown sharply worse over the last two months, and not just among Republicans. Majorities of all three parties now rate the economy as “bad,” with six in ten Democrats joining that view:

Current assessments of the national economy are getting worse. Just 22% think it’s good — down even further from 26% in May — while the percentage saying it’s “bad” has gone up to 75% — a new high for the Biden presidency. That is a 12-point rise since April.

[​IMG]

Majorities of Republicans, independents, and Democrats all rate the economy as bad. The 60% of Democrats who rate the economy bad is notable because it’s moving closer to the views of independents and Republicans, even though a president’s own party often gives rosier assessments than others. Democrats’ positive assessments have dropped over recent months. They were at 42% good last month.
    In just one month, the percentage of Democrats who agree the economy is “bad” grew by eighteen points — not a gap change, but in an actual position shift. What changed? Gas prices, for one thing:

Link

What was it that James Carville used to say about this? Someone help me out here....

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I no longer trust polls . .. Since 2016.
    Republicans lie
    That said
    I think they got a taste now . . .they see that Everything they want is within reach
    I think they will come out to get more

Rocket River

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Democrats spending millions to protect two blue state senators
    The big ad buys could signal that the races in Washington and Colorado are uncomfortably close for Democrats.

Less than a year ago, a GOP Senate victory in deep blue Washington state would have been unthinkable. But now, Democrats are spending millions on advertising in several once-reliable Democratic strongholds, including Washington, as Republicans build national momentum and push for new Senate pickups.

There’s a similar panic in Colorado, where Tuesday’s GOP Senate primary has also drawn millions of dollars in Democratic-funded ads to boost a far-right candidate, a massive last-ditch campaign to keep a moderate Republican off the ballot this fall.

Washington’s Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, meanwhile, has spent more than $1 million on television ads in recent weeks, including two attacking her Republican opponent, Tiffany Smiley, in a state President Joe Biden won by nearly 20 points.

Both sets of ad buys suggest that Republicans are pressing to expand the number of Senate races in which they might pick up a seat in the narrowly divided chamber — and Democrats are worried they may be becoming even more vulnerable.

Murray’s scramble to boost her standing months before the November election — and to attack Smiley on her stance against abortion rights — comes as new polling shows the blue-state race has tightened even before Smiley begins her own advertising on air.

In a poll conducted last week and obtained by POLITICO, Murray is leading Smiley by 5 percentage points, just over the survey’s 4.1 percent margin of error. The internal Smiley poll, conducted by The Tarrance Group, had Murray with 48 percent of the vote, compared to Smiley at 43 percent.

“She was the very first Senate incumbent in the country to run a negative campaign against her challenger,” Ed Goeas, president of The Tarrance Group, said of Murray. “That shows how deep of a problem she’s in.”

More at the link....

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member