1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This isn’t accurate and I think is a massive failure in public messaging. A cheap kn95 is extremely effective at protecting the wearer even if nobody else is wearing one. Tell people who need or want the protection to wear a good mask and you can drop the mandates.

Surfguy and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Boo, I'm positive today. My toddler infected me. Nothing serious, just some minor congestion, scratchy throat, and muscle aches.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This place should be shut down and the executives should be put in jail.

cheke64 likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

And yet Fauci got Covid.

[​IMG]

7. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

LOL I wear mine in doctor's offices (because there's you know...sick people) I get the angriest looks from some people if I forget to take it off when I take the bus back. They're annoying in the heat but I find them super helpful in the winter.

I think people just don't like anything new and like to be an *******. They associate being asked to wear a mask with some crazy "new word order" where the government will confiscate your meat and force-fed you estradiol and kale. They get to believe they're some lone genius who's figured out an evil plan and play the victim. Americans of all stripes fetishize victimhood almost as much as freedom.

And also, a lot of people on the internet do enjoy making fun of people. I was the same way until I got properly medicated, stopped drinking, and left the internet behind mostly (until I stupidly logged on here to see trade info and now it's 2 AM and I'm rambling)

ROCKSS and Jontro like this.
  8. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I'm sure Fauci also got the flu at one point. ****, I've even heard of doctors and public health experts catching colds. Crazy how statistics and probability work isn't it? Dumb ****.

Jontro and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Should I even assume you have a point?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

**** those people man wear whatever you want.

TheJuice likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've seen these running on the streets in h-tine too.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

With the original variants through Delta, we knew lots of people that got super sick or died. At one point, we personally knew almost 20 people that died (my Dad was in an industry where we knew lots of people). The last one that got really sick was my cousin that was in the hospital for 8 weeks, almost died twice, and now has permanent brain damage (she was dumb and unvaccinated and most likely had Delta because she caught it right around Thanksgiving last year). She described it as "every breath felt like drowning...living personal torturous hell"

Since Omicron and subvariants have become the norm, we don't know too many people that got really sick and none that died. Almost everyone we know has had it at this point, especially recently.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I didn't get any of the booster shots. I'm waiting for the new moderna omicron booster.

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah that hopefully means the virus is evolving to be less deadly. Remember a virus' goal isnt to kill people; its to reproduce and spread.

My worry is people will take the wrong message from this once fatalities go down and mis-remember everything during the next pandemic. Especially since these seem to happen only every few decades.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't click but she looks cute

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Seems like a new variant is going around. I currently have it, but symptoms haven't been too bad.