1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] [ROBERT REICH] Liz Cheney for President 2024 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 13, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think he's sane and intelligent. I also think he is the type of individual who will pander to the most base red meat narratives of the right like child grooming conspiracies. He isn't the type of politician that invokes healthy policy debate.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta make sure African Americans like Elon Musk wait in 8 hours lines without water.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anything can. But since there was no mass voter fraud, just a few minor cases mostly by Trump supporters.

But the system has proven to be pretty secure. We should definitely make it as easy as possible for registered voters to vote.

JeeberD likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Totally, they should let us vote by text message.... Cant get easier than that.... It be the most secure election of all time....

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Why even limit voting to Americans? Ukranians should also get to vote....

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay then go do voter fraud. Vote 5 times by mail or something. It might help your district.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Voter fraud is a crime, I do NOT support crimes.... Voting by text is a fast and easy way to get more people to vote. Seriously, why not?

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Obviously it needs to be secure. Just like the mail-in ballots in 2020 were secure.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

As long as they say its secure I dont see the problem.... People could vote in less than a minute... Think of all the people that dont vote becuse of the hassle of finding where to vote, driving there and then waiting to do it... Or waitong for your ballot by mail and then worrying about postage or taking mail to postal office.... Too difficult.... Lets vote by text!!! Easy...

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You are acting as if the mail in ballots were not secure. They are secure and they have ways to verify those.

There are actual regulations and safeguards in place. They differ from state to state. There has been no widespread fraud involving mail in balloting.

Just because you aren't aware of the safeguards and regulations doesn't mean they don't exist.

TheJuice likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah but I'm not arguing with you thou, if mail in voting can be safe so can text messaging voting....

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They definitely should get to vote over black people. That's how it works in this country.

Black voter = fraud

White Ukrainian voter = Make America Trump Again!

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is the Fourth Reich story I’ve read.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well then you let me know how to have the same safeguards with it and maybe I'll be in favor. Just let us all know how that will work.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

You right, it be too risky... The safest way to do this is the old school way... Voting in person, any way else is just too risky...

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Except voting by mail has also been shown not to be too risky and they have safeguards.

TheJuice likes this.
  19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Eh, let 'em get rid of vote by mail for one election. Better yet, let's do it this coming mid-term. See how fast the GOP wants it back when rural people and old people (and in particular, rural old people) can't get to the polls and they'll change their tune. Right now, he's just repeating what Trump said...Trump was banking on the media calling it on election night for him before all the ballots were counted (like Florida in 2000).

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

So you feel confident in 2024? People don't seem to be too worried about the Covid anymore, I see no reason for mass mail in voting. It wasn't designed for everyone to vote by mail. Just the one's who absolutely can not make it polls... Anyways, that's old news. You feel good about the Dems winning in 2024? You do know that if they don't, people will look back and question how the hell we ended up with the worst president this country has ever had... How.....