1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don't listen to them plowman. They're just trying to get under your skin.

But what did you think of my Alex Len x Sengun? Just kidding, just kidding!!

REEKO_HTOWN and Plowman like this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, KPjr doesn't have close to the kind of trade value as #4 due to the baggage/age. But, he's the better player. His situation here, again, is tailor made with Kysre & JL. Ivey is at best redundant. (though they have differences in their games)

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I REALLY hope we see Wood traded so we get a full and clear view of KPJ/JG. It isn't normal to have 7 game stretches like this, while your SG is going 30-30-30-30-30... The talent is still immense. I just hope and pray he holds onto this good influence GF of his. :D Huge fan of KPJ the story. The kid has a good soul I think, and we can only hope Silas/Lucas are the father figures he has needed his whole damn life.

All that, and he LOVES Houston.

theDude and Plowman like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun>>>>>>>>>Duren

Stop with that nonsense

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

KPJ has come a long way, as a scorer, not as a pg. He doesn't get the ball moving, he doesn't create for others much, he doesn't make anyone better. There is still time and hope to quit the kpj as a pg experiment. I don't see a pg when I watch this video and he looks good there.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't need KPjr as a conventional PG. Kevin and jalen are playmakers that can score/initiate...The Rockets have Alperen who shhould have a lot of offense going through him eventually, also.

Zen Tabak, RudyTBag and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes we can imagine these kind of scenarios and they might work. But it is not as easy as we talk about it on the forum, it takes a good coach to implement a system that maximizes team production. I don't see it in Silas.

Kpj and Jalen can score and initiate but being a point guard is much more than that. It requires seeing the field, understanding the opponents positioning, imagining opportunuties, being the brain of the team. kpj and jalen makes 1+1=2, a guard should make everyone else better. That was one of the major flows of the rockets this year, players just taking turns in initiating offense and taking a shot. That was by design. If you have KPJ at pg and Wood and maybe Silas that's your game. It could work on a 20 win team, but a playoff team cannot play (just) like that.

AroundTheWorld and Rokman like this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I agree with you. When Schroeder was running point (even though I don't see him as a viable solution) the Rockets actually looked like a halfway decent basketball team. The difference between Schroeder and Porter in terms of comprehension of how to manage the offense is vast. I don't want Porter running point. He needs to be operating as a SG but we have Green so we have a redundancy that must be fixed. I don't see Ivey as a PG either. He's another flashy, athletic, SG. I like his energy and the excitement he brings but I think the offense may look even worse. We need a true point guard. TyTy looks like he may bring that to the NBA but we would probably be best suited to have a Vet come in and run that spot. Again, I don't think KPJ is a good fit there.

10. TheBeastSystem

Agreed.

But we've baited KPJr with the "point guard" bit. It'll take some convincing to get him to bring it up and get the ball out of his hands early so Sengun can operate as the playmaker de facto Joker while KPJr and Jalen move off the ball.

This is what I think is best for the team. I just don't know if the organization can convince KPJr to accept giving up the ball early and getting it back later with the opportunity to shoot, drive, or dish. He's patterned his game after Harden (which is a mistake).

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m bookmarking this

12. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

That’s super. Thanks for the update.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the way.

And If we draft Banchero, I’d like to see an inverted offense ala Adelman Sacramento. Banchero+Sengun is 2022 Webber+Vlade.

AroundTheWorld, Plowman and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

^ this.

If a player is bring up the ball up, he has to have some game management ability. People who only points to 'combo guards' labels and positionleas basketball sometimes misses the point. Why did Dennis, another combo guard looked better.

Just because the duty is spread out among the team, doesn't mean the responsibilities are gone. KPJ was the intiatior last year, even when Wood was on the floor. The initiator will always have some reposibilities of a traditional PG.

His ppg / assists has plateau in his last three years. There's no real bump. How good is the combo if the points and passing remains meh.

#234 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Rokman likes this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Sengun looking slim. If he comes back with muscles and a three pointer the league is done.

AroundTheWorld and Zen Tabak like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

I realize that Will (biased houston) is a kpj fan, but when he posts stuff like player X in last 7 games.

I go back to the last 7 games.

[​IMG]

Can't blame it on Wood. (he didn't play)

Why did he cut off at game 7?

If biasedHouston gone back two more games, he could have included Rocket's two wins over the Blazers. (that's good, right Rocket fans?) He didn't because KPJ's points were lower (10 and 13pts) and Wood played in those games. Do people care about team wins or individual player having good games.

The things people do to make their favorite player look good. We have an entire year of data. Should be using that. Sometimes if we just spam tweets of narrow intervals, it warps fan's evaluation of a player's performances.

#236 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wood who? Sengun dont play defense???

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo is going to be playing Sengun role next year. Except in a real game lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that one block sank Wood’s trade value more than anything else

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member