1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sandwich, Pizza or Burrito

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2022.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think they ****ing took it away again. I tried getting one 2-3 days ago and I didn't see it on the mobile app. I was pissed.

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I went to try one yesterday and there was a sign outside saying sold out.......very odd

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This is the new thing to do in fast food. Take away a fast food item, start a social media campaign to bring it back, then bring it back, and see sales explode due to demand. Except, Taco Bell screwed the pooch. They underestimated the demand so now the Mexican PIzza won't be back until Fall. And, as typical America typically is, now everyone wants a Mexican Pizza when they could have cared less back when it was on the menu. Now, everyone wants one. And, they can't have it because some dotards at Taco Bell couldn't figure out that demand would increase with this little stunt they pulled. Nobody removes the Mexican Pizza from the menu....EVER!!! Dotards! ;)

Last, after my failed attempt to order the Mexican PIzza yesterday, I went to the old trusted Grilled Stuffed Burrito only to find it was no longer on the menu. I had to settle for a f-ing burrito supreme!

[​IMG]

#83 Surfguy, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    donkeypunch, jiggyfly and arkoe like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man, I have not been to Taco Bell in a long time we are talking years, it's funny somebody is upset they can't get something from Taco Bell, especially in Texas.

You kinda got me craving Taco Bell now, LOL.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. Surfguy

I hadn't been there in years, either. I actually found a newer one near my house I didn't know existed driving down a road I don't usually use. Oh...I made it a point to go and stuff my face having just watched my yellow lab Sunny die right in front of me. I was and am traumatized. I loved that dog so much. All that is happening now inside my head is a repeat of watching my dog die four days ago in the kitchen and swelling up with tears. It was soo horrible and I'm freaking scarred. Then, I had to carry my lifeless girl and put her in the car to take her away. Oh man! :( :( :(

Also, I'm not really upset about the 'out of Mexican Pizza' albeit I did find the removal of grilled stuff burritos surprising.

#85 Surfguy, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m a pizza guy, but I also love me a good sandwich (bread better be toasted and buttered something proper tho)

don’t really do burritos…can’t even remember the last time I had one

I will never go out of my way to get a burrito…I’m never going to a restaurant because I gotta have a burrito

NY has the best pizza in this country hands down…no debate

last time I was there, I had this pizza slice that was so good it had me singing…“baby you’re all that I want, and you’re lying here in my arms”

TheJuice likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I ordered a lobster roll recently, and they didn’t even toast and butter the bread

The disrespect!!

I passed it right to my dogs

hold this 1 star rating

Surfguy likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

no : POLL!?!?

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

They sold out much quicker than expected. Per their account, it will be coming back to their permanent menu. Will wait and see how close it is to the original when it makes it back.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Damn dude. sorry about your dog.

Surfguy likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sorry to hear about your dog, that has to suck.

Surfguy likes this.
  12. Surfguy

It's weird as it was my parents' dog for 13 years and I took over ownership at the beginning of the pandemic (March 2020) as they could no longer care for her. Then, my Dad died in November. My Mom died in January. We buried them on June 2. The dog died on June 11.

I feel like burnt toast.

13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I love a good cheesesteak and pizza is awesome

but I think a burrito does it for me. Ive never had a bad one and theres so much variety. Plus its easy to make it healthy (whole wheat tortilla, lots of veggies and beans, brown rice, no sour cream or cheese). I love the stuff

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll add another .02 to this thread:

Freebirds: I know it's not the best burrito ever but for a chain it WAS up there. Recently my wife and I had dinner here and, man, the quality has gone downhill. I haven't been here since pre-COVID/2020 so I don't know if the scaleback is due to that or what not but it's definitely not the same Freebirds I remember from my Austin days at the location near HEB before Dean Keeton.

Pizza Hut: I love me a good supreme pizza and upon ordering said pie via their app I got a notification that they were out of onions. Like how??? Anyways the pizza was okay. Not as crusty as it used to be but still better than that crap Domino's is delivering. I'd contest that Freschetta's frozen would beat Pizza Hut in a taste test.

At least where I'm living in north Dallas I get an overwhelming option of taco places: Fuzzy's, Torchy's, Chipotle, and Velvet Taco is coming soon. Torchy's is tres bien.

15. steddinotayto

You know where there's a secretly great burrito? Salata. That salad place as a wrap option now and it's basically a burrito. It's ridiculously good.

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Is that a chain? I don't live in Houston.

Honestly, the Mexican food here is complete ****. But I like mexican enough that if I go in with the right expectations I'll eat it almost always.

The mexican restaurant down the street for instance. Owned by Lebanese family, the cooks are black, the waitresses are white. I think a manager or two may actually be mexican. Is it the best food in the world? No. Authentic? Nope. But the drinks are strong, the staff is friendly (and usually hot) and it's tasty, even if it's not real mexican food.

17. steddinotayto

I believe it's a chain.

https://www.salata.com/

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It's just like @Surfguy this is just a way for them to create demand. All it is is two tostada shells, bean, meat, melted cheese on top, tomatoes and whatever that sauce is. I don't believe for one second they "sold out".

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

No, a Mexican pizza came with flour tostadas and a mexican pizza sauce; neither of which are used in any current product.

20. Buck Turgidson

There is no such thing as mexican pizza sauce

JumpMan likes this.