1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Desantis seeks to punish Disney for disagreeing with him

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank goodness for woke GOP/DeSantis.

TheJuice, dobro1229 and ElPigto like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

DeSantis: Washington Post "Smear Piece" Will Have Have No Impact, "We Don't Care What You Think Anymore"

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis responded to a 'Washington Post' article accusing his press secretary Christina Pushaw of violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act by being an unregistered agent at the time she represented the nation of Georgia.

"I am not deterred by any smear piece by these legacy media outlets," DeSantis said at a news conference on Wednesday. "The only reason they’re attacking her is because she does a great job and she’s very effective at calling out their lies and their phony narratives."

"Whenever they’re smearing somebody, you know that person is over the target. So they're scared of that," he said.

"I would be much more concerned of my press secretary if 'The Washington Post' was writing puff pieces about her, then I would think something is wrong," DeSantis quipped.

"I think what we need to understand is that these legacy D.C. and New York outlets - we don't care what you think anymore," the governor said. "We know you peddle narratives. We know you lie. We know you don’t care about the facts. And so you can try to smear me or anyone in my administration all you want to. All that’s going to do is embolden us to continue moving forward for the people in Florida."

"I think it was a totally ridiculous attempted smear and it will have absolutely no impact on anything that we're doing in our office," DeSantis declared.​

It is almost impossible to overstate what a bunch of unconscionable, completely unprincipled, lying liars that these media organizations and the people that work for them have become. It has gotten to the point that anything that they say that has even the possibility of being controversial, partisan or identifiable with one of their agendas has to be assumed from the outset to be false, rather than being assumed to be true. The lies and absurdly erroneous assertions that their presentations are constantly and dependably filled with have utterly discredited them. They are truly the masters of misinformation.

Ron DeSantis is right on. Keep up the great work, Ron. We need a lot more leaders like you.

cml750 likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very Cool. I love vacationing in Disney. I hope you have a great time.

dobro1229 likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Good job comrade. Building distrust in the system is the best way to take a country down.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and ROCKSS like this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They built the distrust themselves. They are to blame.

And let's be clear. They and this "system" are not trustworthy. They deserve to be distrusted.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Keep it going Comrade.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Was the accusation false at the time? If so, then why did she subsequently register as a foreign agent? Shouldn't folks in government follow the requirements prior to running or being appointed? Wouldn't the proper response from DeSantis have been "whoops, it was an oversight, it's been rectified".

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No, people in gov should not be subjected to requirements or laws or press or rules or norms... Trump demonstrated that today Republicans are entitled to not have to follow any of that because they have very special supporters.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Did your handler write this first in crayon so you could understand it? Go back to your cartoons. at least they are more pleasing to look at.

GOP supporters always attacking the source and its the same sad story every time they get caught cheating and lying.

"Poor me its a smear campaign" cries the GOP and the simpleton, paste eating crowd buy it every time.

TheJuice, Sajan, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Xerobull
    @Jontro

DeSantis should sanction Disney just for Episode 4 of Obi-Wan

Salvy likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Classic DeSantis.... cowardly deflecting and playing the "look over here" role.

12. dmoneybangbang

So is globalist DeSantis's appointee a registered foreign agent or not?!?!?!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Episode 4 was garbage
    Remove Epcot

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Disney firing executive? I wonder whyyyyyyy

Get woke
    Go broke
    @Salvy

Salvy likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

DeSantis is the younger better version of Trump, I hope Disney issues an apology to the world for hiring insane people and letting them run so many franchises to the ground with their woke propaganda trash.... They can start by making a biopic about Trump....

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Standards for DeSantis and his Floridamen are so incredibly low.

Are we talking presidential candidates or meth ridden truck stop whores?

TheJuice likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Can't think of an actor obese enough..... but that's what special effects is for.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Chris Pratt can play him, young Trump was thin....

[​IMG]

19. tinman

Supporting Member

They should apologize for episode 4 of ObiWan

Salvy likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Should I even try and watch this mess for the laughs?

tinman likes this.