1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/p...publicans-introduce-anti-protest-legislation/

The Florida governor condemned the actions of President Donald Trump’s supporters who stormed the Capitol building Wednesday as the Senate and House were amid the electoral college session to confirm Joe Biden’s presidential win.

“It was totally unacceptable and those folks need to be held accountable, and it doesn’t matter what banner you’re flying under, the violence is wrong, the rioting and the disorder is wrong,” DeSantis said Thursday at the start of a news conference in Bradenton.

2. Buck Turgidson

I was talking about Louie Gohmert naturally (or any of about 492 Republican elected and unelected officials), but thanks for reminding me that DeSantis needs to go as well.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

January 6 Primetime Hearing Proves A Slow Start At Unraveling A Dreadful Day In American History – Commentary

https://deadline.com/2022/06/donald...earing-review-liz-cheney-fox-news-1235041679/

excerpt:

Editor’s Note: This post on the Jan 6 committee hearings by our TV critic Dominic Patten has been reclassified from a review to a commentary, and has been edited to better reflect the author’s point of view. In trying to opine that the presentation of evidence about a horrific day in American history did not rise to the occasion, the author did not mean to denigrate or belittle the loss of life and shocking violence that happened that day.
    more at the link

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously? You making a mockery of an investigation of an insurrection and coup to install the loser of an election into power is Soviet leadership mentality.

To call it a kangaroo court disgusts me. I can't believe you use the title Commodore. I never met a Navy Officer in 20 years of service who wouldn't fight for upholding Democracy, by ignoring something as devious and dangerous as what happened that day.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Gohmert, Boebert... they're all the same, some just moreso.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

That video was awful.

At minute 3.56 I saw Hunter Biden planning all of it.

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Deb, we all agree the day was awful. But this "hearing" is just a tar and feather exhibition. I get it. Dems need to hang their hat on something and they are seizing the opportunity. But without an opposing viewpoint, this hearing is inadequate.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

What's the opposing "viewpoint?"

BigM, Andre0087, Newlin and 1 other person like this.
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We won't see one during this made for TV event.

15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

What won't we see?

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I assume you feel that Watergate was a hoax and a lie then.........or that Ivanka Trump. his own daughter' stated under oath that she didn't believe the big lie either but believed the sitting AG Bill Barr? I also assume you think that a sitting President who lies and tries to steal the election is ok in your eyes................gotcha.............where is that ignore button

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is much much more than a tar and feather exhibition. Awful is something you call a spoiled brat. This was a planned coup and insurrection! Trump should be imprisoned!!! To think otherwise is unimaginable to me.

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We havent seen trumps request to "march down to the Capitol peacefully". We probably wont see his order to "violently storm" the building either. One of these was actually said. If you believe in dogwhistles then both were said.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Hunter Biden’s laptop, Benghazi, AOC, Pelosi, Radical left wing agenda, Build that wall, Critical race theory, Pizza gate, Hillary’s emails, Lock her up.

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  20. SuraGotMadHops

I hate to use a phrase by a pissant like Jeff Passan, but this whole dog and pony show is a complete "nothing burger."

A group of idiots in viking hats entered through unlocked doors, without guns, and walked around and took selfies. There is nothing, anywhere, where DJT can be quoted as telling anybody to break and enter any buildings, did he tell people to protest and rally? Sure he did, so what? That's not illegal. If a group of doofuses took it too far, that's not on him. If that's the standard we are going to apply, then all the Dem leaders that called for uprising during the summer of 2020 that resulted burning buildings, thefts, assaults, and murders are on them too.

How many impeachments failed by now? For crying out loud dems, Trump is gone, y'all control everything right now. Stop trying to take down a guy that was hasn't been in office for two years, and just do your damn job. Run the country and quit screwing up. Focus on that, and you just might not get your assed whooped this November.

#5160 SuraGotMadHops, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    MojoMan likes this.