1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

You mean on ClutchFans he’s viewed as a superstar. But yeah, I agree with you lol

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sengun is real good. Probably our second best player.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sengun, KPJ, No. 17, 2023 Milw pick (Top 4 protected) to Kings for No. 4 pick, 2023 1st round pick (Top 4 protected).

PS. I like Sengun. I doubt he gets traded in offseason, but if Rockets think Paolo is the ****, I think it will happen at some point unless Sengun completely goes on a tear early part of the season. These trade proposals are meant for entertainment purposes only.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun>Paolo

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

You might find it shocking but they were playing basketball before coming to the nba.

The comparison is not over how many points they scored. Even if they were in the nba, that would not be a healthy comparison to make a projection into the future since at early ages players grow into their final body at different rates, they develop some skills at different times, which is different for every player and they are not given equal chances etc. Lots of factors.

Coming to the nba earlier is an advantage. Sengun has a very good skillset and maturity in his game that is rare for his age. I don't remember Gasol's (marc) game at 19 year's old and I have not watched Jokic at that age. But I think next year Sengun will be more impactful compared to Jokic's rookie year (even this year's performance is comparable) and you don't need to be an optimist to think that in 3 years Sengun will perform better than Gasol's rookie year.

6. xaos

xaos Member

Good post.

As a person open to trading Sengun for an amazing deal, I also realize Sengun is a really good player that hasn't capped out yet and it could very well work out with having Sengun/Banchero/Green. I think offensively Sengun could be at or above Gasols level. I could also see some of the Lamar Odom/Gasol dynamics between Sengun and Banchero. That's not necessarily saying Banchero will have a Lamar Odom career and Sengun will have a Pau Gasol career. We'd absolutely need to get some defensive studs mixed in a lineup like that, but it could work very well.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

agree, anything can happen, he may even be out of league in a few years... but not because he isnt talented defensively...

because he definitely is and he even gives effort and even shows flashes of brilliance defensively.....Rockets have him for 5 years of rookie contract and he is 19... NOW, if you, a coach or GM or the franchise, cant work for 5 years with a talented fine young man, an european MVP at 18, that loves to work and loves to play basketball, to make him into a defensive stud, then its on coaching not on the player...you're not a basketball club then but a circus...

if you only hope perfect players falling into your lap you will never be good...and this is why tanking never works, because franchises that get most top picks are clueless basketballwise anyway

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Picture this scenario, Sexgun gets his translator pregnant with sextuplets, Sixguns focus and love for the game falls apart due to his commitment to his family, Rockets trade him for a protected 2nd

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh man...That's atrocious.

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sengun, KPJ, and No. 17 for No. 4 and Sac 2023 1st round pick (Top 4 protected).

11. Plowman

Supporting Member

I'm assuming you want Ivey at 4, but I see KPjr being better than him. That's before we even talk about Sengun.

12. Plowman

Supporting Member

KPjr is blossoming in a tailormade situation here.

cmlmel77, Rudyc281 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh ok, we should just trade KPJ for the 4th pick and a future 1st then

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So you’re saying the Rockets got themselves some great young talent ;)

Plowman and BamBam like this.
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Alperen Sengun for Desmond Bane.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just trade Jalen Green for the #4 pick since you want to replace him with another SG.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, let’s just trade our best young talents. Green for 2nd overall and Sengun/17th for 4th overall.
    Draft Chet, Paolo and Ivey.

Green has to go, too frail and not enough defense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

come on. KPJ will probably become a 6th man journeyman

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

He was the best catch and shoot 3P shooter in the league and one of the best at pull-up 3s. He has a 2:1 Asst:TO ration and is a plus defender. Everyone from Lebron down raves about his talent, and in the second half of the year he showed it consistently, meshing well with Green.

But, sure, he’s a journeyman. And Green is Corey Brewer.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sengun to the Pacers for Jalen Duren

KPJ
    Green
    Williams
    Banchero
    Duren