1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

2. maj21

maj21 Member

Pump the brakes, my goodness. Lol

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They were pumping the brakes quite a bit if they are just realizing this now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m talking about the Gasol and Jokic comparisons.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also, Teen Wolf and the Monstarrs from the original Space Jam.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Those seem apt.

His impact even as a 19 year old struggling to learn enough English to communicate with teammates was fairly amazing.

Pao was 21 when he joined the NBA and he wasn't THAT much more impactful despite winning the ROY, he just played more.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Seems more like it's an issue with Ivey on the Rockets and not necessarily proven anything.

The whole proven word is weirdly used on this site.

I vaguely remember you @DaDakota were mad we picked Green because there were more "proven" players in the draft or us playing Green over Mathews because of the word "proven". I think you were even implying guys like Duarte should've been picked ahead of Green. My memory could be wrong though.

It's okay to believe Sengun is a better prospect btw. I just don't agree with that in today's NBA with how it's played. For what it's worth I'd trade Sengun for Chet, Jabari, or Banchero not just Ivey. The idea of Chet and Sengun together would be intriguing as hell though.

8. maj21

maj21 Member

Those guys weren’t/aren’t undersized like Sengun. Also, the game is a lot different today. I have my doubts about him being a starting center on a playoff team. Teams are gonna go after him all game.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, if I bought into that BS.....and obviously I don't, it would just make it that much more impressive how well he did.....

That said, sure, have doubts that a teenager could be a starting center on a playoff team. I don't think most believe he'll remain a teenager. Pau at 21 was the starting center of a 23 win team.....and he won ROY. I'd be willing to bet the Rockets do considerably better long before Sengun is 21.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

as a life long fan I think Sengun is the kind of player you build around. I'd listen to trade offers for KPJ, Green, Wood etc before I would entertain offers for Sengun.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't trade him. I think he's going to be a 5 tool player and I think he's only going to get better as he comes of age in the league.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

Of course he’ll get better because he’s so young. I just don’t believe in what he brings to the table as a starting center. Time will tell for sure. Some of his weaknesses will still be there 5 years from now.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Frankly Sengun looks better than they both did at his age.

13. xaos

xaos Member

I agree with this

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL hey we're in the era of absurd player comps and Hollins being a paid Rocket fluffer knows his role!

Sengun is still WAY too skilled to jettison away this early thats for sure.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

I agree 100% with that. Way too early to consider trading him unless we get a deal we can’t turn down

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Stone and Silas School of Tank and Player development

[​IMG]

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol so what?! teach, train him, coach him(what a revolutionary concept!) to play better defense, he s clearly very talented on both ends of the floor...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. maj21

maj21 Member

Like I said, tell will tell. We’ll all revisit this topic someday. I would love to be wrong, but I doubt I will. I do believe he’ll be a really good player.

19. hakeemthagreat

Most of us? Only on clutchfans is Sengun a allstar. His ceiling is Luis Scola. If he gets that he'll be lucky

maj21 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Marc Gasol entered the NBA at age 23. Jokic was 20 and made first team all rookie. But yeah i guess since they put up - in the NBA- 0-0-0 at age 19 the wacky Sengun people are at least technically correct that he was better at that age.