1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

At some point, Twitter is going to have to sue Elon for libel or breaking NDAs and it'll be cheaper for Elon to just buy Twitter ;)

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

affording the co to

saitou likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Musk aint buyin ****

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

another profitable defense co with even better balance sheet i see is OSK, but it's not a defense pure play; some exposure to other sectors (like construction) which may do badly in a recession. thoughts on a good entry point for long term hold? EPS currently at $4.43, but they are projecting $11-$13 eps by 2025. Currently $95 per share.

Reviews of their JLTV look great, they are prob gonna keep winning that contract from the army for years to come. Vehicles for postal service and firefighting are recession proof.

#18645 saitou, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

should have shorted it after the first spike...

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Sajan

Sajan Member

And what has the spineless SEC done? He still out here manipulating the market, causing wild swings in multiple stocks/companies...all while getting his emails blasted by Reuters then having to backtrack it on Twitter..

Meanwhile SEC has made videos for the retail investor to not buy GME! wohoo!

Invisible Fan, CCity Zero and Ziggy like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SEC anti-GME propaganda really makes me think GME will explode (again. and more so).

Sajan likes this.
  9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The SEC has a fraction of the actual budget it needs to enforce securities laws. This is sort of the unspoken reality of most agencies now. They've all been underfunded for decades and are now impotent as regulatory bodies. To enforce laws, you have to be ready for war in court and the agencies simply don't have the staff, money or expertise to do that anymore. The US needs to basically double or even triple some operating budgets of agencies like the SEC, DOJ, FTC, CFPB, etc.. to even have a chance. As it stands now, we have a set of laws that are simply too expensive and difficult to enforce given the budgets we have and we have a maniac like Elon Musk who's willing to test the limits.

Major likes this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

It also doesn't help those agencies are staffed by lawyers from the very companies they want to fight against..

Like the ex-verizon lawyer who became FCC chairman..
    This is all just theatre and people with money do what they want.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Honestly, I'm less concerned about that. I think having industry experience is important. I know multiple lawyers in the DOJ that worked on the other side previously. They bring a lot of expertise that you need to successfully prosecute cases. Ajit Pai was a turd even if he didn't work for Verizon. His reputation was well known at that point. The head of the FCC before Ajit Pai (Tom Wheeler) was also an industry guy but he at least pushed through the net neutrality provisions against the opinion of the telecom industry.

My big thing is that the agencies are basically useless now as a means of enforcement. And with the courts striking down the SEC's ability to use tribunals to prosecute violators, they basically have no means to prosecute even small crimes now because going to court is simply too expensive. They're borderline useless now.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

earning report is due by tomorrow , harvest 30% gain or trust the 30$ target or loose it all situation

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Is this on NIO? 6/9 PM ER? I'd like to get in on calls for the ER, but this whole market has me all over the place.

Lately quick momentum option trades have been decent, of course I missed XOM calls, I kept meaning to buy... Instead I wasted effort on PLAY, haha

#18653 CCity Zero, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    Exiled likes this.
  14. Exiled

Exiled Member

as a guy who still drive stick shift car with cassette player , I should not be near any tech company:D
    however i was thinking since the whole Oil/depression era , EV would survive , Chinese have clear advantages in this field over others (tech,Lithium,customer base etc) .

called my Chinese friend to verify my investment : is NIO a real company? he said Yes, Im sold on that .

though , as I see many EV near doubling within 6 months , I see TSLA hovering around 400ish , bias lens is strong here when looking at charts

Cokebabies, Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Don't tell Cxbby. He will tear you a new one. Competition does not exist to Tesla fanbois..

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

Didn't he also say Apple was dead money after Steve Jobs died?

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I cut out early on stupid SPY Calls I was in.. Took a whopping 10%+ over waiting literally 3 min for 50%+, it's probably due to the fact I sold, at least that's what I tell myself, hahah.

18. adoo

adoo Member

Target threw out the kitchen sink, announcing that its inventory level is ~57% higher than last year.
    it will aggressively clean up its inventory, in time for "back-to-school" sales.

trading ~ 140, it is down ~6 today. i see an upside opportunity.

constructed these spreads"
    1. a bullish PUT spread, using July 22 expiration, collected $5.05 premium in advance
      1. +150 strike, -160 strike
    2. a bullish CALL calendar spread
      1. + Jan 2023 165 strike, - July 2022 165 strike (the short leg), paying for a net cost of $9.74
      2. the strategy is to have the short leg become worthless, then sell a higher strike CALL w a longer expiration or
        1. as the value of the short leg is approaching zero, buy it back and simultaneously sell a higher strike CALL w a longer expiration.
        2. keep rolling forward the short leg until 2023, at which time, Target should be trading above 175
        3. should i roll forward the short every month, netting at least 50 cents, my adjust cost for this CALL spread could be as low as $6.24
    also, should TGT trend as i anticipated, i will probably sell at least 3 more 10-pt bullish PUT spread, collecting at least $3 each, that is $6 more dollar to offset the cost of the bullish CALL spread

• potentially, the net/net of these spreads could cost me 24 cents, before exiting the long leg, which could be worth ~$10

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I made a small quick play on NIO calls but closed this morning, thinking about watching and maybe re-enter at eod, not sure yet though... The $30pt would be very nice though

Exiled likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member

In reversal, Twitter plans to comply with Musk’s demands for data
    The billionaire is in a protracted battle with the company over information about spam and fake accounts