1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

2. TheBeastSystem

:)

AroundTheWorld, burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Miss me with the you don’t follow. His development wasn’t significant and he was part of a shitty program for that. Someone who actually follows the AAC and Memphis would know that. Clearly not the case here

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Memphis started off 9-8 and then won 12-13 once Jalen got going.

He was 17 when the college season started I dont know whaflt you mean by his development wasnt significant. His improvement was pretty significant for a really raw 17 yr old.

Memphis is a bad team with a bad system but I think that just makes Duren better cuz he was able to stand out despite his shitty team. Look at Patrick Baldwin Jr for how much a shitty team can destroy your stock.

#165 roslolian, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Love Sengun.

Would flip for Ivey in a heartbeat.

Fullcourt, xaos, aaquaa and 1 other person like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I'm sorry but you just cant trade Sengun right now! he has shown so much promise as a 19 year old ! Draft Banchero despite sengun and see how it works out! who knows maybe it could actually work out ! If it doesnt work out then cool you are getting another high lottery pick (hopefully #1) and make a trade based on what you have seen this upcoming season ! we aren't in win now mode

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Love Ivey. Would flip Silas, Ivey and a FRP for him to play PG in a heartbeat...

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun is kyrie irving of the centers

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If this is the feeling around the league the Rockets should sell high before he turns into a can't play kanter or a switch-on-to-boogie

FWIW nba has him as the 25th best in the league.

That's pretty good! But the top guys are either definitely superstars (Embiid, Jokic, Davis) or definitely not - and the definitely-nots are guys that can't switch or play in smallball lineups or that are notorious for clogging the paint (Valenciaunas, Porzingis, Nurkic)

#171 SamFisher, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Fullcourt likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm crying lol

J.R. likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

I think Sengun is our second best player and I am currently in the keep Sengun unless if an amazing deal comes by (#4 qualifies). But, I don't think clutchfans ***** on Sengun like his hard-core supporters believes. Most of the criticism is based on questions such as: can you win a ring with him as your starting center/forward? Can he fit next to Banchero? If not, which is the better prospect? To answer this you probably need more than 1 season to see if he can overcome his weaknesses and expand his game. What he does well, he does beyond exceptionally well for a 19 year old. He was MVP of the Turkish league for a reason. But, this isn't the Turkish league and winning an NBA championship is different. It's fair to have questions.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s fair to have questions, but its fair to have questions about Ivey too. He is more unproven the Sengun, so no #4 is not a fair trade.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Him being less proven than Sengun isn't a good enough reason for me. The things Sengun has proven has given me reason to want to keep him, just not over the upside of Ivey.

It's okay to simply disagree with this too.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait some are saying they would flip a guy who has proven he can play in the NBA in Sengun for Ivey a guy who has proven nothing and had one good year in college?

Wow.

DD

17. xaos

xaos Member

Yes

Who is your favorite prospect in the draft?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol the Ivey hype is completely out of control

Little Bit, cmoak1982 and Plowman like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This applies to every draft pick for player trade ever im history.

Why would the Rockets trade an MVP like Harden for the right to pick a bunch children who have proven nothing!

Come on. Sengun was the 10-15th best 1st year player this year.

Its not unrealistic to expect 10-15 players from this upcoming draft to be roughly as good or surpass him, be a better fit etc.

xaos likes this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

We should only trade #17 and another pick to move up to avoid the cross contamination of proven and unproven NBA assets