1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Paolo and liking it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 21, 2022.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lol. KPJ the one that can't read the court and freezes out Green? Paolo has proven way more already and is a better passer and unselfish in his first college year at only 18 years old.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sheesh man

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And no, no he hasn’t. You fools act like this dude led the NCAA in assists. He didn’t even lead his own team lol

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all gotta stop overrating this dude. He’s a solid passer for a 4, he’s not a lead ball handler. And most likely never will be a primary facilitator

peleincubus likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’ve never said he was or wasn’t.

people with such solid convictions about 18/19 year olds is whatever adjective you want to use. When you or whomever is so adamant and also reiterates it a 1000 times. Well good grief.

if it were such a science the last 3 MVP’s would likely not belong to non lottery players.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying at all man.
    And yes, I’ve been a little hard headed, but it’s to combat some of these ridiculous takes. Feels like some extremes.
    Paolo is solid, but he’s not Luka, Lebron or even Tatum.
    That’s just like saying Green is Kobe or Sengun is Jokic.
    That high of expectation is setting these kids up for failure.

Also, nothing I’ve said is not true. KPJ and Alp are better passers.

Dobbizzle, D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Member

Imagine if he didn’t play on a team with 7 NBA prospects on it. He shared the court with 3 playmakers that are all getting drafted you know that? Even still he averaged the same number of assists as Cade Cunningham last year. How’s Cade doing in an NBA system?

You keep saying people are comparing him to other players. No one is Paolo. I am comparing his mentality and history of winning to other players. It is disingenuous to keep saying he’s not player x or player y. No one is saying that.

Your big talking point is incessantly repeating he’ll never be Tatum even though he put up better numbers than Tatum. You say he’ll never shoot as well as Tatum even though he shot the same 3% in college.

How would you know how good of a passer he is? If you can’t see his inherent feel for the game, that’s completely on you. At this point it would surprise no one. This is coming from a guy who thinks Alperen Sengun is more athletic and will be a better shooter because he’s done it less.

#867 Spooner, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Really believe Cole Anthony is better franchise player than Paolo Banchero?

Wow.

Spooner likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Knew it would happen.

And its KPJ again.

:rolleyes:o_O

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

I don’t but I don’t think it’s unreasonable the magic might want to see what they have building around him and Suggs

D-rock likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Out of the post I'd say Sengun and Banchero are about equal. Sengun tries to get cute too much for my liking. Paolo just does what needs to get done. In transition and in the half court they aren't even close, Banchero is miles better than Sengun. If you want me to get you receipts I can absolutely do that.

Both are way more natural passers than KPJ. Dude passes like the invisible man on his shoulder is telling him "hey don't forget to pass the ball every once in a while!".

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Magic should just take BPA, they are young and loaded at every spot as it is.

PG: Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs
    SG: Markelle Fuktz, RJ Hampton
    SF: Franz Wagner, Terence Ross, Gary Harris
    PF: Jonathan Isaac, Chuma Okeke
    C: Wendell Carter Jr, Bol Bol, Mo Wagner

lionaire and Spooner like this.
  13. vator

vator Contributing Member

My new favorite video.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this video is insanely good. Is it just a highlight real? Yeah, sure. But for those that can’t “see” the Tatum comp it’s here plain as day.

he’s got Tatums offensive game but with a little bit of a bigger PF offensive game as well. He has the ability to be REALLY REALLY REALLY good on offense. It’s not guaranteed. Randles best year was insanely good but he’s sucked otherwise. Blake had 3 second team years - incredibly good. Take some of that some of Tatum - IF he has bball iq, want to, coachability, work ethic, etc. if not, it will be a lesser version sadly.

but this is great.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

If you have pieces in place Jabari makes a lot of sense. Paolo makes more sense for a team with nothing in place. You kind of have to build around him and I don’t like the fit with any of those guards. There’d be a ton of spacing issues and all those guards need the ball.

If you have Jabari it helps all of these players flourish. If I were the magic I’d be looking to develop Cole into a star and to see what I have in last years top 5 pick. This is a weak draft we are told. I’d also want to start being competitive sooner than later.

I believe Jabari is a great fit with the magic but he’s really a great fit on any team. Rockets are in a unique position though so early into the rebuild and I’d want upside. Really skilled unicorns are typically game changers in the NBA but it’s also dicey. That’s why you look at the entire body of work, durability and how they respond in the biggest moments. Would magic take that risk and Paolo clashing with so much young talent in place?

Paolo was pretty much considered outside the top 2 before lottery night so it’s possible any team could have gotten #1 and taken Jabari. If Presti had the #1 pick though something tells me he’d go another direction

D-rock likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Regarding KPJ I think it’s encouraging that he shared the video of Banchero passing and commented that the Rockets need him.

I think it shows some self awareness about having a true playmaker on the floor with him and green.

This imo would bring out the best in both of them.

Verbal Christ and Spooner like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18pbr likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's just digging his own grave.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cole is nice player but nothing special. Same with Fultz and Suggs.

But you're right, Jabari makes any team better.

20. 18pbr

18pbr Member

If we do select Paolo, I would like to try and pick up someone like Mo Bamba. Bima wrote earlier about potentially getting Mo Bamba in the offseason. Although he is no Chet but I think he would be a great pick up and fit on our team with his defense, size, and shooting ability.