1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

If "they" are the police. How many kids did they shoot?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't get the relevance of the City Council thing.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Intelligent people bring up COD for why the cops waited an hour? Lmao

How much time have u done sucking up to the cops?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would totally go out there and dare them to arrest me. Couple of hours in lockup for a reporter, in exchange for some notoriety for the reporter, and a mountain of more bad PR to shovel on the PR landfill for Uvalde po-po.

Dare them to cut off their nose to spite their face, though they appear clueless enough drunk enough on their own power that they probably would do it without hesitation.

ROCKSS, cheke64, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The guy is moron because he is just repeating talking points but doing it incorrectly. However from a pure numbers perspective, rifles including AR's aren't an issue.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

Notice the huge bump in rifle shootings in 2017. That can directly attributed to the Vegas Shooting. I'm all for gun control but targeting rifles and AR's makes no sense other than the scary gun narrative. Hand guns are much more dangerous to the public.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

U gonna tell that to all the kids and other people that get gunned down by AR-15’s in what seems to be the majority of these mass shootings?

Why does an 18 year old need an AR-15? He can’t but drinks, but he can buy that? One 18 year old with his high powered assault weapon had 19 cops scared to confront him.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Biden should ban all semi-automatic weapons by executive order.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. rockbox

There were close to 700 mass shootings last year, but you only hear about 2 or 3 of them and start drawing conclusions about AR's. Again, I have no problems with gun restrictions and control. Just do it in a way that actually makes a difference, an not because of be scared of " assault rifles". Virginia Tech was done with Glocks. The reason why these crazy kids choose AR's is because they are "scary", but it would have been just as deadly with pistols in a school room environment. Getting rid of AR's won't change the number of mass shootings in any appreciable way. The killers would just buy another type of gun. If you really want to have an effect, put restrictions on magazine capacity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2021

Andre0087 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

This is exactly what they are taught. It became a mantra starting in the late 70's because of police unions and cops were being shot and killed in fairly high numbers. No one in the civilian world questioned it because the cops were authority figures and it seemed like a hard job (it can be a hard job).

We are at a point now where more kids have been killed by gun fire IN SCHOOL than police officers have on duty.

You have a better chance of dying at work as a construction worker than a police officer.

We have gone SO FAR to protect officers that we have put other groups at greater risk as a consequence.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

them choosing AR-15’s just because they’re “scary” is something u made up

Buffalo shooting that left 10 dead…AR-15

Uvalde that left 21 dead…AR-15

Tulsa hospital shooting yesterday…a semiautomatic rifle

that’s all in the past like 2 weeks

Please tell me why a kid needs an AR-15.

and no one has said “just ban assault rifles and that’s that, mission accomplished” anyways

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like the solution is to make it as inconvenient as possible to own a gun which is my solution short of abolishing 2A. If you want to jump through every hoop to be a gun owner, so be it, but the easy access to guns is the issue.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The reality is that we need to ban handguns. No one wants to hear it because they know that it will lead to civil war, but hand guns are incredibly destructive in the USA.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Two minutes after Ramos entered the school, three police officers followed him through the same door and were quickly joined by four more. Authorities said Ramos exchanged fire from the classroom with the officers in the hallway and two of them suffered “grazing wounds.”

The first police on the scene were outgunned by Ramos’ powerful, high-end rifle, according to a man who watched from a nearby home.

“After he started firing at the cops, the cops stopped shooting,” said Juan Carranza, 24. “You could tell the firepower that he had was more powerful than the cops’ weapons.”

one scrawny little 18 y/o with his AR-15 is outgunning 7 cops…cops said “nah, fck this sh*t” and decided to wait outside for a whole hour instead

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  14. rockbox

I don't know if I would go that far, but it shouldn't be easier than buying beer at the convenience store. When you are messing with people's amendment rights, the details matter just like free speech and due process. There are restrictions with both, but you should tread lightly and make sure the rules you put in place don't victimize responsible law abiding citizens.

I think the gun culture itself and the money made in perpetuating gun culture that is the problem. I wish we would outlaw advertising guns like we do cigarettes. No ads, no monetization for gun channels, etc. Sell guns, buy guns, but we shouldn't be pushing it like crack to addicts.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. rockbox

Banning hand guns would definitely have more of an impact. It's harder to conceal an AR or shotgun in your pants. That is the reason short barreled rifles and shotguns are illegal. Concealment.

Nook likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

not only was he able to buy a weapon like that at 18, he couldn’t even afford it but was able to set up a payment plan to eventually pay it off

ElPigto likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lmfao

meanwhile colleges drop classes because payment was late by a day (**** college system as a side note )

ElPigto likes this.
  18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet people who want to kill a lot of people quickly run out and get AR-15's. The guy in Tulsa got his on the day of the shooting,,,,, There's no damn need for AR 15's to be on the street in civilian hands.

19. rockbox

If AR's weren't available then they would have grabbed glocks or any other gun. Eliminating AR's without doing anything to handguns would not have made much of a difference considering 90 percent of mass shootings occur with a handgun.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. marky :)

marky :) Member

The firepower between an AR vs a glock is far different. As much as everyone has crapped on Uvalde cops(and rightfully so), if he had a glock I'm pretty sure they would of rushed him sooner. Kid with AR15 vs kid with a glock. Taking my chances vs the glock if I'm the police.