1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. xaos

xaos Member

If we could get a quality package similar to what Sabonis netted we'd better take it

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way. He was worth a top 4-6 pick last year. This draft pales in comparison.

mikenm268 and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Of course he’d be dealt for an established star, Green is the only untouchable. So no, we will not stop.

Stephen_A and Corrosion like this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think his game is more reminiscent of Big Daddy - Arvydas. Albeit a smaller version.

aaquaa and jerryclark like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, other than the Ballad of Buster Suggs, tell me which of Scottie Barnes and Josh Giddey you'd be able to get for 3d team all rookie Sengun of the 4-5-6 guys?

Or actually anybody else up to 10? Maybe Zaire Williams but otherwise no.

red5rocket and Corrosion like this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Turner’s injury history really scares me. I can’t remember the last time he played a full season and he’s now had multiple foot surgeries. Sengun isn’t even 20 and I think he fits our timeline better. I also think Sengun could be better than Turner at 25. I’d really like to see how he develops. If we draft Banchero, let’s give these guys a chance. I like Turner but that might be a little steep for my blood all things considered. If we can get a deal to ship Wood though I’m all for it. Not saying Sengun is untouchable I would just want to feel a little more secure about what we are getting back.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought this was about KPJ aka machine gun kelly

Plowman likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun>Paolo

Need to have as many trade offers for Green as there are for Sengun to stop some of these obvious haters.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Will Sengun ever be as good as prime Enes Freedom?

hakeem94 and Stephen_A like this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

Stone the GM if he doesn't consider all options, he's not doing his job.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm just gonna call it now. This is the rise of the Sengun Only Fan (Sengun Goons for short).

I like Sengun as a prospect but like everyone else on our team he hasn't proven anything yet. His fan base will from now on blame any misstep on management, coaching, or other players.

I really hope he reaches his full potential cause I don't know if I'll make it through another Lin/DMo Era of debates.

13. xaos

xaos Member

What qualifies a Sengun hater? I personally believe not only is Paolo a better prospect, but I also believe there's not a single GM that believes otherwise. Does that make me a hater?

Cause, I love watching Sengun and think he's our second best player (rank based on current and projected future production). I also think if we draft Banchero that it's likely we will have to go through this high level thought process:

1: Can we win a championship with them in the starting lineup together?

If no:

2: Which one is a better fit with Green?

3: For the one who isn't a better fit with Green are we better off trading (using as part of a package for a star or for the missing piece to Green/player) or will they be better served as a 6th man?

Fortunately we don't have to make that decision right away, but there are opportunity costs to every decision.

Personally I think we could take advantage of having a weak interior defense with a Green/Sengun/Banchero lineup. All three players improve and get play time, but we lose games due to too many defensive deficiencies. Hope for top 2 pick next year in our final year of organic tanking and draft Scoot or Victor while using either Sengun or Banchero to trade for a star in the next year or two.

We will also have max cap space and since there aren't any legit FAs in 2023 we could remain flexible while having one of the 2 come off the bench, but that's not my first choice.

14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop being a homer overvaluing marginal players.

maj21 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What else is left to say? Sengun is fun to watch but the "can he actually defend against playoff teams" is a legit knock on his game and no one cares how many fun passes or cool post moves he makes if he just gives it up on the other end....that said - he has value as a playmaking big on the right team - maybe more value on another team than on this roster if we have Green and potentially Paolo all offering up a similar offensive role to score efficiently and give other less capable shot makers easy buckets. You don't GIVE him away obviously, but no one is untouchable here on the worst team in the league.

maj21 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Both of those are your opinions and I doubt there are majority of GMs that would take Paolo over Sengun. Paolo is a low ceiling player and pretty much is what he is.

Sengun per 100 possessions numbers are up there with some of the best players to ever do it.
    In no situation would Paolo over Sengun.
    I believe Sengun has a better game to match Green.

As far as drafting Wemby, for one that would take luck. Two, he’s going to be more injury prone than Chet. Who is a comparable player

aaquaa and xaos like this.
  17. xaos

xaos Member

Not saying I'm turning this down but this is where the conversation probably starts for Rockets FO. Rockets valued Sengun pretty high in last year's draft (much better than this years!) and whether his first season was below, at or higher than expectations they probably haven't changed their value on his individual value THAT much.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also, it’s been shown that Sengun is one of the better defenders on this team.
    He’s a better defender than Paolo. Better passer, more efficient scorer.
    Paolo can face up and handle better and shoot better, for now.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Indiana traded Sabonis, they have no need for Wood at all.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun isnt valued elsewhere like he is here. He can yield a mid first or a player like obi toppin.

maj21 and hakeem94 like this.