1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supervillains Gather in Davos

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, May 25, 2022.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yes. The WEF quoted her and promoted the idea as #1 on their list of 8 predictions for 2030. Again, here is the link to that article on the WEF website. If there are links on the WEF website that are broken, that is beyond the scope of my responsibilities:

It does not matter who initiated the idea. The WEF has adopted it and is prominently promoting it. That one is number 1. Here is #5:

5. We are eating much less meat. Rather like our grandparents, we will treat meat as a treat rather than a staple, writes Tim Benton, Professor of Population Ecology at the University of Leeds, UK. It won’t be big agriculture or little artisan producers that win, but rather a combination of the two, with convenience food redesigned to be healthier and less harmful to the environment.

What do they imagine we will be eating instead, you may wonder? Stay tuned....

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wait -- what do you mean by "promoting it"? It seems you are playing with words to leave the impression that they are actually promoting these predictions as things we need to turn into a reality. But where do they ever say that?

The first of them even says (as you had quoted): "It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two." The very fact that it singles out this dystopian part of her prediction is clear enough indication that this is not being "promoted" as something we should make happen.

Nook likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Sure, just poke your vaccination site.

Nook likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

VooDooPope likes this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The part that appears to seem dystopian to them is that the rural parts of the world tare not included in this Orwellian scheme, which includes owning nothing and everyone being tracked. So this prediction appears to be for a partial implementation in the large urban areas by 2030, presumably with the expectation that this will be imposed globally in the ore remote areas in the years to follow.

These ideas that they are promoting and discussing, they are advocating for these ideas. These are not just random ideas that they posted on their website for no reason.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Here is another article posted on the WEF website. They apparently think it is a good idea for us to eat bugs. I am not kidding. Not them of course. See for yourself:

Good grub: why we might be eating insects soon

From the farmer’s point of view, raising insects is going to be radically different from raising sheep, pigs, or cattle. No more coping with mud, muck and filth. An end to shifting heavy sacks of feed. And forget about having to go outdoors in all weather to manhandle livestock. The requirement for investment in equipment will be different too. This will be farming on a much smaller scale, reducing the need for large and expensive machinery.

It may not be too long before we can all buy a bag of edible insects at our local grocery store. Despite being eaten by 2 billion people globally, EU laws have prevented the sale of insects for human consumption.

However, the EU’s new Novel Food Regulation, which came into force in January, might mean insects will become a more common sight on European plates.

In 2017, Switzerland changed its food safety laws and became the first European country to allow the sale of insect-based food for humans. And the same year, the Coop unveiled a range of mealworm burgers and balls in some of its Swiss supermarkets.

In March, IKEA’s external innovation lab SPACE10 revealed it is “reimagining” popular dishes at the retailer’s in-store restaurants. In a blog post, the researchers explain that they are working on bug burgers and mealworm meatballs, but add that the new ingredients are being tested so customers won’t find them on IKEA menus.

As scarcity of resources and sustainability become increasingly important issues for food production and distribution, how long before you’re asking for insects in your food, rather than complaining if you find one?

Here is a link to another insect eating article on the WEF website:

Why we need to give insects the role they deserve in our food systems

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

People have been eating insects for as long as there have been people.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Have at them.

9. Buck Turgidson

Oh I have. Grasshoppers and ants are crunchy and tasty, pretty common in latin american cuisines. Not a fan of grubs/worms because of the texture, which pretty much makes me gag.

If I ever make it to Sardinia I'm absolutely trying casu martzu though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_martzu I mean, does this not sound like fun or what?

Casu martzu is considered by Sardinian aficionados to be unsafe to eat when the maggots in the cheese have died.[8] Because of this, only cheese in which the maggots are still alive is usually eaten, although allowances are made for cheese that has been refrigerated, which results in the maggots being killed.[8] When the cheese has fermented enough, it is often cut into thin strips and spread on moistened Sardinian flatbread (pane carasau), to be served with a strong red wine like cannonau.[6][9] Casu martzu is believed to be an aphrodisiac by Sardinians.[10] Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed,[4][11] diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to eat them place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. MexAmercnMoose

i eat bugs, grasshoppers with lemon and salt toasted on the comal, normal in central Mexico, as is beef LOL...stay tuned? definitely subscribing to this thread

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Has Mojo moved on from posting stupid political cartoons to now being an outright conspiracy theorist?

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Moved on.

Heh.

13. adoo

adoo Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

15. Nook

Nook Member

You are suffering from a schizoaffective disorder which requires treatment. I strongly encourage you to seek out proper medical and psychological treatment.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hey...this is my schtick

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The stuff mojo is linking to is an example, I think, of useless exec-types trying to "skate to where the puck is going" or whichever cliched corporate analogy you'd prefer. They think, because their global elites and all, that they can take a macro look at the development of the economy and society and predict how things will change. Then, they (with their shareholders' money) can make business models that will be ready to serve these new demands once people realize they have them. The goal is not to shape the world in some particular way, but to be ready to profit when it does of its own accord. Of course, investing money in their prediction will give them a perverse incentive to facilitate their prediction becoming true. But they don't actually have the power to make people not own things or eat bugs -- they might just make those endeavors incrementally easier for those so inclined. So, I think mojo has it ass-backwards, but also isn't completely wrong.

I used to work for a company that made a device that was traditionally sold in stores, but they wanted to sell it as a subscription service. They said they were skating to where the puck is going. They said young people didn't want to own things. I thought it was dumb and I'd never get a subscription for a thing like that -- but of course I wasn't young. The public agreed with me in the end and the business line was closed and the dumbasses sacked (they said their model ended up being "too much ahead of its time"). But, like the WEF, they were making a bet on where the world was going; they didn't have the power to force customers to change their desires. In my example, they guessed wrong. I'm guessing the predictions that we're going to embrace this model of renting on-demand by 2030 is also wrong. But WEF is pretty harmless for talking about it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ultra rich people on this planet are just ridiculously out of touch with reality. It doesn't matter if it's the folks at Davos or Elon Musk. What's hilarious is that anyone takes what these people spew out seriously. Tracking codes in people? Not owning property? These are either dramatic twisting of what they are actually saying, or these people are jokes. Either way, it's so useless to pay attention to. The idea that this is "what the left wants" just goes to show how desperate people on the far right are to try to demonize their perceived enemy.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Herr Schwab boasting about infiltrating and penetrating government cabinets around the globe with people like the Canadian tyrant Justin Trudeau:

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And here is a World Economic Forum video that is eager to make the covid restrictions permanent, with an apparent emphasis on relinquishing everyone's need to travel more than about 15 minutes from their house. It is one of their extremely creepy imaginations of the future, as designed, orchestrated and imposed under their guidance.