1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. verysimplejason

This is a challenging match-up for both. One-on-one, Celtics got the advantage in almost all positions. As a team, GSW seems more fluid in their offensive executions. Celtics got the tools to stop the Warriors. They are bigger and as fast as the Warriors. Experience-wise, Warriors beat them by a lot. I voted for the Warriors as they are more experienced and got enough good young players to offset most of their weakness.

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  2. verysimplejason

Move on. ;) It's not as if Celtics got a lot of favorable calls during the Celtics-Heat series. If there's anything, Warriors look "fragile" compared to the brusque Celtics.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If the warriors win I just hope Jordan Poole goes off and steals currys MVP.

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  4. AXG

AXG Member

I want the Celtics to win, but the Warriors look too strong. They were the best team in the league for like the first quarter of the season before injuries took over. I predict Warriors in six.

#44 AXG, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
  5. verysimplejason

It happened already. Iggy won it. I wonder why you don't like Curry? His showboating isn't something that should bother you. Even MJ and Kobe showboats. :p

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Holy **** didn’t realize the Lakers could have drafted Tatum. Couldn’t get AD without the Ball chip but I’d rather build around Tatum.

7. RocketsDraftTV

maybe it’s because he’s smart and realized curry and the entire warriors “dynasty” has been ref aided. Look up the comments Andrew bogut made earlier this year with ryen russilo

plus the media is already setting up curry to get finals mvp. Everybody is aware of it now. Wiggins deserved the magic Johnson western conference finals mvp award for his defense on Luka and clutch offense but they gave it to curry because his fanbase would probably dox the voters if they didn’t vote for him

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Yep - it's a lose lose for me. I think I'm rooting for the Celtics; I'd like to see their stars wing a ring. Hopefully the Rockets can create something similar with all these young players that we are drafting.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I was gonna say exactly this lol I guess except for top 5 on some lists, that wouldn't be taken seriously.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like anyone on the warriors just cuz of the battles we had with them. I just think it'd be funny if he doesn't get finals MVP again. 0-4.

Everyone loves him like he's the greatest player ever. I just don't see it. Can only win with basically a dream team.

verysimplejason and BigShasta like this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Our little sister is The Scarlet Witch and she's more famous than Us Boo Hoo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

idk how you dont have killer instrict to win on the road they way they have this postseason. winning three times in miami including a game 7 is very impressive. also went into milwaukee down 3-2 to and pretty much blew them out to stave off elimination. it might not have been pretty at times but overcoming obstacles like those can only help them going forward. this team has been through the fire and still standing.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bpston barely got past a banged up Heat team (who had they stayed healthy could have won it all in epic series with GS). But, the Celtics are stretched out and the Worriers are, unfortunately...machinelike again these days. GS 4 - 1

plutoblue11 likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep this won’t be a contest Warriors likely win in a gentleman’s sweep. The streak of all rings won by either LeBron, Curry, Kawhi or Giannis continues into it’s 11th year.

Plowman likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Care to bet Boston wins at least 2 games?

Boston has a realistic shot at winning it all. GS should be a much higher fav if that wasn't the case. The series odds are just begging casual folks to take GS which is happening

plutoblue11 likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Nope I never bet on sports. Boston might win 2 sure but the Warriors have way more firepower and this is the best defense the Celtics have faced in the playoffs.

The only thing that could down GS is the only thing that has since their run. Injuries.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

boston is a better rated defense than GS. in fact boston is #1. I can easily counter by saying Boston is by far the best team GS has faced in the playoffs.

folks really thinking GS is just going to walk over Boston are in for a real surprise. Boston has all the makings of what a championship team is. and they matchup with GS better than anyone in the league.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Boston has been by far the best team since mid Jan. No 1 or 2 in most metrics like wins, dfrtg, net rtg, offetg and point differential.

Their long versatile, athletes/defense is going to be a problem for the Warriors offense.

The Celtics are arguably the better team and more talented.

The only question is their inexperience and their best player not quite being MVP level (yet).

Tatum is only 23 and still improving/developing, while Curry is an All-time great nearing the end of his prime. In a finals series, sometimes simply being ready for the moment and experience are the deciding factors.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

people keep bringing up inexperience for boston when boston's core has a ton of playoff experience including deep runs. when GS won their first title with curry vs Lebron you could really say the same thing. Eventually that team that is meant to win it breaks through.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I feel like you're underestimating how effective the Warriors' offense is. More than anything, defenses need to be disciplined.

Also, Boston has a short rotation, and they've already played many more minutes than the Warriors. When Tatum/Smart/Brown get tired, they rely too much on perimeter jumpers, and if Boston becomes a predominantly jump-shooting team, I don't like their chances against the Warriors.