1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It took police 40 minutes to get in there.

Parents/bystanders nearly stormed the school because they were tired of waiting for someone to do something.

What the ****.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why is it happening more here than other country?

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

"False narrative"? A global pandemic was factual.

Again, America did not invent masking and vaccines. It hit Europe second, if you recall. We followed in their footsteps. Asia has been wearing masks for decades. I'm positive you've taken dozens of vaccines, involuntarily, throughout your life.

Squirrel. Let's stay on topic.

...and there we have it. The useless "both sides do it argument". Take a position.

Many countries all over the world have banned guns (and their gun violence is negligible). So no, it's not a "stupid" idea. I agree, it may not be practical here ...but it's not stupid. It's literally a proven solution meaning it's not stupid.

However, I agree with you arming teachers is stupid. In Buffalo, an ex-police officer was shot and disabled (fortunately, not killed). How do expect teachers to defend themselves with handguns against AR15s? Maybe arm teachers with AR15s? It's so amazingly ludicrous.

4. Xopher

Xopher Member

I can sell a gun in a parking lot. The only thing you need to ask are "are you 18" and " are you a prohibited possessor?"Totally legal in Texas.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

And this is why you don't take guns away from the people who could end up shutting it down before it began. But their logic is to disarm the citizens so the criminals can do whatever they want....

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yet in other countries..

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a start, but personally I would prefer all guns banned. I would start with semi-automatic and handguns, and a mandatory safety class, practical and written exam, insurance and licensing before purchase of hunting rifles.

Yung-T and krosfyah like this.
  8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Two things can be true at the same time.

This 18yo boy was both a citizen and is now a criminal.

Again, in Buffalo, a retired police officer, whom was armed and returned fire, was unable to disarm the criminal and got himself hurt. RARELY, do armed citizens disarm an active shooter. Nearly every time, It takes a full police force to take down a raging lunatic.

IMO, If this guy had a gun on him, he'd probably be dead.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Spooner

Spooner Member

How do you distinguish between citizen and criminal? Any citizen that purchased a gun "for protection" can become a criminal. Aren't guns sold to the public explicitly for protection? The only other reason for a gun is hunting - the act of taking a life that pro lifers seem to enjoy so much as a past time.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That is so damn ridiculous! Pure stupidity for a state to allow that. Tough on crime my ass.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is not Europe, not Australia... Not Canada... This is The United states of America, we have a larger population with a lot bigger problems than them. We have more people, we have more crime, we have more drugs slipping into the country. We also have more criminals crossing the borders every single day. We have more gang members we have more traficking.. I don't think I need to explain as to why...

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You can't until they start shooting people with that legal gun and ammo they are authorized to carry. It puts innocent people at risk.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. Spooner

Spooner Member

So let me get this straight. America has the worst crime but it is because of people from other countries. What are you on about lmao. There are governments owned by cartels that don't have people shooting up schools. You wan't to talk about crime? Look at the crime in India where billions of people live. How many schools are getting shot up? People literally come here to escape crime. You think all of the criminals cross the boarder? What are they escaping from? Have you ever been to South America? Go there and then tell me about crime. Brainwashed.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

The police couldn’t even shut this shooter down. What was this guy going to do? From the video he didn’t know what that kid was going to do. He just thought someone got in an accident. It cut out part of his story but seemed like the kid got out of the car with his rifle already.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah, at some point criminals were citizens... That's not the point thou, the point is that it is more likely for a criminal to commit a crime than a lawful abiding citizen. Not all citizens will become criminals so why punish the citizens for crimes they have not yet committed and highly possible will never commit? And why do criminals have to purchase guns illegally? Because its more likely for a criminal with past criminal history to commit a crime.

In this case, no one saw it coming. This was a kid in a small town.. If he was committed he was going to find a way to do harm, or ya'll think that if guns were illegal he would have been like "awe maaaaaan, guess I'll go find something else to do"

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Bruh, I'm Salvadorian and my girl is Peruvian.... Yeah I've been to both....

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

"No one saw it coming" he said for the 9000th time. Good one. Its not like there aren't psychos in every country. You do the math.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Or don’t sell the AR to the kid in the first place. Or does that make too much sense? Which one is the egg in your scenario? Because I’m pretty sure that if he doesn’t have an AR it makes absolutely no ****ing difference whether that dude brought his gun or not.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Look man. I'm pretty much finished with anyone advocating for guns. You are either perpetually afraid of your surroundings or you like to play army man. If everyone tomorrow agreed to turn their guns in we'd have no problem. Humanity could address all of its problems tomorrow if we really wanted to. You just don't want innocent children and citizens getting massacred to ruin your good time playing army man. What specifically about guns is constructive to humanity?

Yung-T and DaDakota like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It is not just population come on man. Are you saving that Mexico is safer than the US? What about Afghanistan? India? South Africa? Nigeria?

Yung-T likes this.