1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Another school shooting by a gun carrying Texan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 24, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You disgust me if you say I defend racism. I defend against racists. I defend against people stereotyping out of hate.

I don't agree with homophobic politics, hate groups, or politicians who speak at their rallies or try to suppress gays and minorities in any way. I don't agree with politicians using the bible thumping righteous act to deflect their own hate or bigotry towards gays. I don't believe in stereotyping poor people as lazy and uneducated people, and I don't agree with anyone who says if the poor can't afford healthcare it's their problem. I get disgusted when politicians stereotype gays or people who accept them as equals as child groomers or pedophiles.
    I don't believe in stereotyping people who stand up against bigotry or hate as wokesters.

I don't defend liars, sexual abusers, or violent people, regardless of their skin color. I don't defend racists of any color. I believe in equality and treating everyone with respect as long as they aren't hurting anyone else with their lifestyle. You just got your panties in a wad because you didn't want to hear the truth. The fact is that out of 123 mass shootings 98% were male shooters. The fact is that in 53% of all mass shootings the shooter was white. I just took an educated guess.

Tell me. Do you believe all people should be treated equal, regardless of their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation? Do you believe calling BLM thugs and looters is stereotyping? Do you believe ANTIFA are leftist Democrats? Do you think politicians should speak at White Supremasist rallies? Do you think the KKK and Proud Boys and hate groups should be labeled domestic terrorists? Do you agree that domestic terrorists are more of a threat here than international terrorists? Muslims seems to be the big stereotypical fear.

Do you believe it's ok for civilians to purchase semi-automatic weapons? Do you think it's smart that Americans can purchase a gun, carry around a loaded gun without any type of training, such as a written exam on gun safety and a practical test to show they know how to safely use a weapon designed to kill?

#341 deb4rockets, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

https://www.menagainstgunviolence.org/men-and-gun-violence-stats

• The majority of domestic violence is committed by men, while the majority of victims are female.
    • In an average month, at least 52 American women are shot and killed by an intimate partner, and many more survive with injuries.

DD

jiggyfly and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Democrats do actually never let a tragedy go to waste... Push dem political agendas hard....

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess you ,missed the "we all should."

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I did.
    My apologies

Deckard likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Either way, I’m out of this section.
    Some extremes on both sides of the aisles down here.
    Back to sports.

I do wish there was a solution for these occurrences.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The mayor seemed to really not have trouble answering this question:

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Prayers are important but I absolutely agree with your comment in the latter part of your sentence

DaDakota likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fine to pray - what I mean is it is not enough and cannot serve as a substitute for taking action that finally protects our children better.

Houstunna, Yung-T and CrazyJoeDavola like this.
  10. Screaming Fist

What is most shocking to me about this event is the behavior of the police. Their response should be massive scandal that should form a part of every conversation that we have on this topic. Cops simply cannot be relied on to protect students. Maybe nothing less than the US Army is capable of doing the job - are they going to support that, too?

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yep. This isn’t nearly as big of an issue as a football player kneeling to the anthem or anything. Republicans never politicize events.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This guy is so ill informed.....

DD

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Some do, but its on a whole other lvl here... Just this thread turned into a stupid "take their guns" argument instead of being respectful towards this tragedy. It should never happen.... Its sad that it did.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Blue stripe flag though

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What's your alternative? Continue to do absolutely nothing like the repubs? More thoughts and prayers? The tragedy happened...again. Should Democrats just be like dumbass NRA money taking republicans and do squat? What is your suggestion or alternative? Do you have anything of substance to add to this discussion at all or just more whiny bulls*** because one side is screaming to do something and the other is just preparing to speak at the NRA conference?

AleksandarN, Andre0087 and Yung-T like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol. That dumb story was in the news for years. This will be forgotten by the next mass shooting in the next few days.

18. MexAmercnMoose

some of y'all need to pray harder and it shows

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Do what? They aren't taking $hit away.. They can push as hard as they want and take advantage of tragedies but its not that simple. Should we take away cars as well? Because a criminal sick demented &uck ran into a Christimas parade less than 12 months ago killing 5 and causing injury to many more... If someone wants to harm others they will find a way, guns or no guns..... Difference is Criminals will always find ways to have guns, the people who legally and responsibly own guns wont.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.