1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hijacked Paolo Banchero Analysis + Off-ball + Defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, May 22, 2022.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Interesting but I would question these numbers and would like to look deeper as the sample size is really small. I didn’t follow him too much but did he mainly play drop coverage on pick and roll? And from the games I did see and according to analysts and his scouting report he lacked effort and intensity on the defensive side. These numbers suggest otherwise but the sample is so small. Where did these numbers come from Im curious.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I found a response from the OP of this dive interesting when exchanging with a Rocket fan within that thread:

subtomic, Rudyc281 and RudyTBag like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No he did not play drop coverage because he had Mark Williams at C he was not asked to guard the rim.

The sample size is the entire season, how is that small?

The numbers came from watching actual video, you seem to not want to actually believe the numbers, I never saw a lack of intensity on the defensive side that any other college player has not done from time to time.

I never saw a player who lacked effort and intensity on either side of the court, and he turned it up in the NCAA's.

RudyTBag and Verbal Christ like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not sure why you are being accusatory. There is nothing wrong with questioning to obtain clarity since there is such thing as biased reporting and research. I have seen him play in couple games and I just described what I saw. You saw differently. And i cite my own observation and the observation in scouting reports and analysts reports. Did the OP say this was from the entire season? I still don’t understand how such a small sample size is the entire season when he played 39 total games.

#64 Stephen_A, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where did you question anything? You said he played drop coverage which he did not, what scouting reports say he ever played C at any length of time.

They had 2 guys who played C.

Just read the actual report and you can tell its from the entire season they would have said if it was only from a couple of games.

It's not small sample size it was when he did specific things it was not everything he did on defense that's why it's small sample size,s.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A Rhodes scholar if I've ever heard of one

Rudyc281 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dumb ass. I asked whether he played drop coverage or not. You probably need to learn to read you little dummy

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm the dummy, yet you are the one who even thinks he would play drop coverage like he is a C or cannot understand why the numbers are as small as they are.

And then you have the nerve to tell somebody too else to learn to read when all the info is there to the questions you have asked.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When I watch banchero his athleticism doesn’t stand out to me…and that’s my concern…his size will mean nothing if he isn’t able to beat NBA defenders…especially if he don’t have the moves and post moves like Sengun to be able to get his.

And please don’t bring up players like Luka or harden who aren’t the most athletic guys banchero is not even in the same universe as those guys.

And with Chet I have the same concerns about him going up against real men in the NBA…but I’m way more confident about Chet being able to get his then I am about banchero.

Stephen_A and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dumb ass response. You really have serious cognitive bias. Plus you’re not that bright. At least make a logical argument. Its ok tho you cant help it dummy.

#70 Stephen_A, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

These are your exact words.

I didn’t follow him too much but did he mainly play drop coverage on pick and roll?

Why would he play drop coverage?

If you actually watched him play, why would you think he played drop coverage.

Do you actually know what you are looking at?

If I am not bright, you are a black hole of ignorance.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dumb ass lol too funny. You realize i wrote I do not follow him in college right? And i asked a question. Can you read dumb ass?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Says the guy who thinks Banchero was in drop coverage.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You really cant read dude.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You really can't understand what you see on a basketball court.

Do you think Banchero is a C?

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You do realize you are arguing for no reason right? Which is a direct reflection to your personal issues with whatever you got going on in that shi+ Brain of yours. Not my problem. Not anyone’s problem here but yours. Take care of your issues dude. And learn to read. Respond to this because I know you will. Don’t care. You are still trash.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Harden and Banchero are not in the same universe? Here are their freshmen stats:

Harden
    2007-08: G: 34 FG: 196 Rebounds: 179 AST: 110 STL: 73 BLK: 19 PTS: 605 PPG 17.8

Bancharo
    2021-22: G: 39 FG: 245 Rebounds: 304 AST: 124 STL: 41 BLK: 36 PTS: 671 PPG: 17.2

Looks nearly identical.

Regarding Chet's strength, remember everybody's concern that Kevin Durrant couldn't bench 185lb? Turned out that talent was more important than strength.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not arguing, just pointing out how your questions made no sense.

I am not the one getting bent out of shape.

Did you figure out why those numbers are not a small sample size yet?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Odd as it seems, there really are people who think he is. I've even had some suggest that he's slow footed for a C. The ridiculous narrative has gotten out of control.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, that entire rim protection thing never made any sense.