1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was this disinformation?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 21, 2022.

?

What this tweet by the Clinton Campaign the spreading of disinformation?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No he isn't. You've displayed you are unaware of the evidence and the law.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nah, I’m educated on the issue.

I looked thoroughly into what actually was said, what the evidence is, what was in the indictments and I actually read the Mueller report.

Unlike you, I actually care what truth is, and am not looking to try and score points for my tribe.

Stop being a brain dead lemming that thinks right wing propaganda twitter narratives are real.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually I think what's being said was leaked was true, just that they didn't know it to be true when leaking it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying despite the fact that the Trump campaign acknowledged there was communication between the servers, you are saying you do not?

May I ask why you don't agree with the Trump campaign on this one?

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Neither of those things were true, but they used interesting play on words to make it look like it.

The only data shared, was 1) not a member of the Russian government and 2) had already been shared with multiple media companies

They use the word private, but that doesn't mean "confidential", but they use that word to give you that impression, private means "owned by someone who isn't the government", in that all polling data except the elections themselves are private. And heck in that case it wasn't even their own polling data, ergo "propietary", it was just stuff being run by random pollsters that they had gotten copies of, and the person wasnt a member of the russian government (perhaps you're unaware, but not every russian is a member of their government), lol

"Ah yeah, here's a copy of the latest gallup poll we got early we've been sharing"

On the other hand, we do know the Clinton campaign sought information from Russian government operatives (always accuse your opponents of what you yourself are doing) since thats who Fusion GPS were tapping for info, they were active members of their intelligence agencies....of course said Russians seemed to know what it was for and gave them a bunch of comical nonsense, they probably took bets on whether they'd believe it.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Your playing with semantics here. The Russian nationals may not have held a titled position but these particular Russian nationals were working for the Russian government.

The Mueller report didn't play around with words. Perhaps some articles did. But the report itself didn't do that.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This isn't a hill you can defend. True things can be deceptive and therefore can be disinformation. The communications might have been real, but the report came with the insinuation that the communications might be nefarious. If those who disclosed didn't genuinely believe it was likely nefarious, the whole thing is disinformation. Prosecutors may not be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt what Sussman believed, but I think we can still conclude in a political lens that it was probably a cynical campaign maneuver to deceive people into thinking Trump's connections to Russian influence was more likely. @basso probably over-claims how much this reversal really reverses, but we can't call it harmless.

basso likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

It's fun seeing the resident libtards try to rationalize this as ok.

Hillary is a hoe, and a criminal, and this is the camp they support. Pathetic.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't think Hillary gets much support at all on this board especially not from the more liberal posters.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like Elon is going after her once the sale goes through :D

blue_eyed_devil and basso like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

1.5-2x background viewing

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm reminded of some adage about glass houses here.

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's weird though is that the information in the Tweet is true. It was not a hoax and after years of investigation, this was the net:

There was DNS communication between Trump Org and Alfa Bank, but they just have no idea why. The fact that there was a link is not a hoax.

https://www.justsecurity.org/72262/the-trump-alfa-bank-server-mystery-resurfaces/

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the sentence you refrained from bolding is the key point:

“... the Committee did not find the DNS activity reflected the existence of covert communication between Alfa Bank and Trump Organization personnel."

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Right but the DNS activity between Alfa Bank and Trump Org did exist, they just couldn't find any evidence that it reflected covert communication.

A) The communication existed
    B) They aren't ruling out covert communication, they just could not prove it.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You were and still are being duped by Weissman's use of semantics

blue_eyed_devil and basso like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't believe so.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member