1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Finals] (1)Miami vs. (2)Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (2)Boston Celtics

Poll closed May 18, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

2.9%
  2. Heat in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heat in 6

14.3%
  4. Heat in 7

20.0%
  5. Celtics in 7

14.3%
  6. Celtics in 6

42.9%
  7. Celtics in 5

2.9%
  8. Celtics in 4

2.9%
  1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes I just looked it up but that was a protected pick. Im just wondering if there was any way we could have kept him. To me he could have been really good with James. There were reports Lowry clashed with Mchale which was one of the reason they shipped him out but if this was the case its a shame since mchale didn’t work either and clashed with James as well. And what if the Rockets built their team through the draft or FA rather than execute that CP3 trade where would this team be with that backcourt? Alternative scenario and what if thinking but interesting nonetheless.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The story was that Lowry didn't get along with McHale. So they had to get rid of him.
    But then of course they got rid of McHale as well later. :D

Stephen_A likes this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah which made losing lowry such as shame. Waste. But maybe there was more to the story as Morey envisioned Harden as the primary ball handler and playmaker and didn’t think Lowry could work. Looking back now I think it could absolutely work. Lowry makes plays for others plain and simple. He can get his own buckets as well when need be and play off ball and spot up shoot.

Easy likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Easy, Houstunna and Stephen_A like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The reverse-protected “guaranteed lottery” pick we got in exchange for Lowry was the main asset we used to trade for Harden. I don’t see how we could have had both players.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That pick was still a num 12 pick overall which OKC used to draft Steven Adams. Could we have used other assets to acquire Harden? Just wondering why we shipped out Lowry. Was it a money issue or style issue? Very curious.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Looking at it I suppose Morey wanted that reverse protected pick to entice OKC. And guess thought Rockets could re sign Dragic. Then got desperate and signed J Lin. But if he wanted to get rid of Lowry why not just include him in the Harden deal? Anyway guess we will never know. Regardless that pairing would have been really good and change the trajectory of the Rockets. They probably wouldn’t need to trade for CP3 or Westbrook. But again just what ifs. Really intriguing stuff.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

why couldn’t PJ play like that for us? He was useless in the paint most of the time. He even hit a jumper last night smh

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Start by the Theis, die by the Theis

Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Happy for Lowry that he left and had the opportunity to play with a real superstar and win a title.

Salvy likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because coach spo has specifically asked that of him and encouraged it...i remeber watching an interview where pj mentions this....so he found it worthwhile to spend time working on it...in houston morey system was too rigid...didnt even allow rivers and such to warm up with midrange...lololol let alone use it in the game....
    btw pj hit a game winning floater for us vs okc in the bubble

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good job by coach silas to keep his body warm here so that he may contribute for celtics in the playoffs and that we may still not know what we have in sengun going into a new draft...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah i do remember the last couple years he implemented an ugly floater but seems like he’s honed it now. Even mixed in a little crossover lol. Evolution of PJ even at 37.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope not. My day is ruined. You really cant give these dudes an inch. Harlow out here bagging Taylor Rooks in baggy jeans... McMenamin is transparent in camera flashes..

Im happy for them..

[​IMG]

19. i3artow i3aller

DreamShook and J.R. like this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

White dudes are still the prize. :p

hakeem94 likes this.