1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sandwich, Pizza or Burrito

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to respectfully abstain on the vote as I like all three.

On a side note since I've been eating a lot of Northern and Taiwanese style food I've seen US restaurants list these dishes:
    Chinese Hamburger
    [​IMG]
    Chinese Pizza
    [​IMG]
    Chinese Burrito
    [​IMG]

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

OMG.......Casa Elena was our friday night family meal every week, we would hit the one on 1960 and Kuykendahl, my go to was the beef enchiladas with sour cream and the chips and salsa were the best. .......on special occasions we would hit Texas Tumbleweed across the street for a good steak and country fixins........good times, thanks for reminding me

Colt45 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So do you have no siblings or no sisters?

This thread is why I love this place so much, I can get an unexpected giggle anywhere.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My father was such a dog that my siblings and I are expecting extra siblings to pop up anywhere any time. So if @Buck Turgidson does have married siblings, there's a possibility we're related....and wouldn't that be a lark?

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can relate, I know I have a couple of siblings I have never met.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

so yesterday for lunch I decided to go for a PB&J but I was out of bread.

I put my PB&J on a tortilla. I considered putting a second tortilla on top to create a sandwich but decided to wrap it like a burrito.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

I wasn't around my father as a kid and younger adult and he had two more marriages and subsequently two more kids after me that I had no clue existed until about 15 years ago. We've connected since then and my sister from him is very close to us. My little brother is sort of socially broken so we haven't gotten close.

Dad some crazy times when he was a kid, lived in California, banged Playboy bunnies, roomed with actors (MacGyver owes me $50 for rent!), worked on The Deadliest Catch crab boats in Alaska, went to prison here in Texas for selling acid to a federal agent, etc. So no clue how many seeds he planted... I'm signed up with both 23andMe and Ancestry.com in hopes of catching any that pop up. There's also a very tiny possibility that I have kids out there I'm not aware of, but I was around for 90% of the women I slept with when I was younger to let me know.

Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Yep, eat lots of veggies and lean protein and then go apesh!t crazy once a week or so. Because hopefully you've earned it, and it's good for the soul.

#48 Buck Turgidson, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  9. Buck Turgidson

Holy crap that "chinese burrito" looks awesome. What's the wrapper? Some kind of crepe? Me want make soon.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

1 younger brother, and his wife has no siblings.

11. Xerobull

...that she knows of

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

Today I chose sammich

Fried chicky thigh, bacon, apple-onion mostarda, apple-scallion slaw w/ a bacon fat dressing on a chevre-chive biscuit. Foughetaboutit!
    [​IMG]

13. Buck Turgidson

Her mom's Dutch, her Dad's from NYC, and they live in El Paso so I guess nothing's off the table.

14. Buck Turgidson

YES. The boneless thigh, trimmed, makes a vastly superior fried sandwich as opposed to the breast.

Ottomaton and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Then we were probably eating in close proximity to each other every Friday night cuz that was our spot as well! God, I loved that place! Nothing else like it! After they sold out, Marco's at 45 and 1960 (sometimes the Kuykendahl location) was the go to and when they went under Cinco de Mayo on Holzwarth in front of the movie theater was it. Since they burned down it's been a fruitless search for really good Tex-Mex. Los 3 Ranchitos on Kuykendahl north of Spring Cypress is the go to now...but it's just not the same.

16. Buck Turgidson

Casa Bonita?

https://southpark.cc.com/episodes/me0b40/south-park-casa-bonita-season-7-ep-11

Casa Elena ain't got nothing on La Hacienda. @MadMax

MadMax likes this.
  17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If I take two slices of pizza and stack them topping sides together is it pizza or is it sandwich?

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thighs are the best cut on the chicken by far for almost every situation, and I'll fight anybody that disagrees.

19. Buck Turgidson

Right? I bought a small box of Bagel Bites last week, for the first time in years (impulse purchase) and did that exact thing.

100% Sandwich.

arkoe likes this.
  20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Isn't a pizza just an open face sandwich anyway?