1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaden Ivey Will Be The Pick, I Guarantee It!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, May 19, 2022.

1. pass_to_Hakeem

KPJ wouldn’t go to the bench so you would trade him. Ivey with Green is a FAAAAAAR better duo!

jcmoon, BMoney and ilovehtownbb like this.
  2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

JR just answers above (#49) with Clutch's tweet, it was a "guess"

3. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

I see alot D-Wade in Ivey. I like his confidence and swaggers. He will bring leadership to this team.

BamBam, jcmoon, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member

I think Sharpe will have a better career than Ivey.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Name the better versions than Ivey on the roster right now? I’ll wait

I love Josh but he needs more seasoning. KPJ? His shot is streaky and so are his moods….

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  6. pass_to_Hakeem

Dont forget that KPJ will look for his over team….

7. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Sounds just like Jalen suggs talking points from last year

Ekiu likes this.
  8. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Did clutch say how the rockets ranked everyone last year?

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I like Clutch's ranking better.
    but i think his "guess" of the Rockets' ranking isn't right, in this case when Chet/Jabari goes #1/2 the Rockets will get their exact #3 guy Banchero. but from Stone's interview after the lottery it actually sounds not too exciting and he mentioned "trade" a couple times. I think the team should have their ranking alike Clutch's, they'll try to move up to get Jabari/Chet first, if failed they'll try to trade down 1-2 spots to get Ivey + more assets.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'll pick Ivey over Chet Holmgren any time.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Too easy.

KPJ and Jalen Green.

Both are better 2 guards than Ivey but KPJ also is a PG on top of being a better 2 guard than Ivey.

Ivey would be a complete waste of a pick at 17, let alone 3

Ekiu likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Right.

My point was that with him being a bit closer to things than most of us are, is this just purely wild speculation or has he heard or observed something (that maybe we haven't) to make him "guess" that Chet would be 1a..
    Keep in mind, I heard this being talked about in twitter spaces that Clutch hosted. Didn't see the tweet until JR posted it.... Like I said, I could be wrong, but to me it *sounded* like he had a little knowledge about the situation.

13. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Stone is just repeating what he said last year. They're not trading the pick.

mikenm268, ElPigto and Ekiu like this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

KPJ literally was more successful from 3pt range this year than Ivey (actual NBA vs college), weird point you're making here.

BigMaloe, HP3, Ekiu and 3 others like this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Probably our No. 2 overall pick last year. He’s pretty good.

Drafting Ivey seem like a lateral move.

FLAGRANT1 likes this.
  16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

If stone picks another guard he should be fired.

FLAGRANT1 and red5rocket like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If we don’t take Banchero then we should just trade down and take Keegan Murray. He would be an excellent fit. We don’t need another combo guard with questionable defense.

#77 robbie380, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    r-fan-since-81 likes this.
  18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We were blessed by the BBall Gods to get #2 last year in a draft with a big 3 prospects. This year, we've been blessed again with #3 and again there is another big 3 at the top. I initially wanted Mobley last year, but swung towards Green (lot's of great analysis on CF).

This year, I'm all in on Chet because he just offers a great combination of skills and would be a perfect fit for what we need. However, he likely won't be there at 3, so I can see where both Jabari or Paolo would be good fits as well. We need skilled big men.

We already have our 6th man in JC, who appears on track to be a very good combo guard. Ivey would be stacking the deck in our area of strength and I'm not sure he'll be better than any of them. If we were going to take another wing player than I could see us swinging for the fences for Sharpe, but damn that just seems like a ton of risk with Pick #3. We'll have to trust our scouts and the GM may have other moves that clear up something like taking Ivey at #3.

While I was initially sad we didn't get #1, #3 is still a good spot because we'll get one of the bigs or our choice of Ivey or Sharpe (unless ORL or OKC shake things up).

red5rocket and ilovehtownbb like this.
  19. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You do realize that Jalen Green is 4 days older than him already, and KPJ is in his 4thish year and only a year and 9 months older...

Jaden could be great, but people are forgetting that he just finished year two of college ball, and he is still not ranked as high as Jalen was last year.

#79 T FOR 3!!!, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  20. a time to chill

You're ignoring Bam Adebayo for the Heat and Robert Williams for the Celtics. The only "guard dominant" teams really are Golden State and Dallas. But Steph is an elite shooter and Luka is a 6' 7 point that can do it all. Ivey's is only 6' 4 and too one-dimensional. Everyone likes an athletic guard that looks good on a highlight real but ignore the big men that do the dirty work that enables those small guards to shine. I'd only take him if we were picking 5 or lower.

r-fan-since-81 and red5rocket like this.