1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

and I still say look at the single parent % of black families. What is that % now? What was it 50 years ago? Seems like the thing to address first.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could definitely be addressed. A lot of the factors including single parent families don't exist in a vacuum. Having two parents might be able to provide greater family income in addition stability. Working on greater equity in hiring and promotions would help with greater income as well which might also help families stay together. I don't think we need to isolate one issue at the expense of all of the others.

But it's a distraction from what happened in Buffalo.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Plenty of Blacks don't commit crimes yet here we are.

You are the one who keeps talking about broken homes not me.

Lil Pun and JayGoogle like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, how dare people be free to do whatever they want to do.

Freedom, what a crazy idea, let's just all live by some old book that contradicts itself every other page.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Seems like I'm not the one that needs to relax. Lol

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmmm...when was weed criminalized and how much more likely are black people to be arrested for it than white people?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the dad is out of the picture and doesn't give a crap. Or just gone.

What's the solution?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Problem solved.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Conrad Pgabs looking at everyone like: [​IMG]

Meanwhile
    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/202...RWfEkiVOxksoqfZnW4UOD-MY-5-uqYcKqMWV5b1AahG_w

There is a documented history of white supremacist infiltrating law enforcement

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/29/police-white-supremacist-infiltration-fbi/
    https://www.justsecurity.org/70507/...ct-checking-national-security-advisor-obrien/

Rocket River

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You mean like. . .how you ignore .. . young white men killing young white men
    or
    young asian men killing young asian men
    or
    Young hispanic men killing young hispanic men

because. . .you know .. . . killing is like 85+ % intraracial???

but that does not fit your Russian Bot Narrative does it ?

Just admit you hate black people and we will understand . .. it's ok . . .it happens. . ..
    besides. . .its the worse kept secret on the ClutchFans

Rocket River

Reeko likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@pgabriel = Chris rock
    D&D= Jada Pinkett

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

maybe not solved completely but mostly, yes

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

i guess the same thing my mom did. Do your best.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ok...that doesn't sound like much of a solution to be honest. But thanks for sharing your perspective regardless.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

sure, be obtuse. Only hurts you. Ive already clearly given you a solution

16. HTM

HTM Member

Oh certainly, people have the freedom to "do whatever they want" - doing whatever you want has consequences though.

When it comes to human sexuality, "doing whatever you want" often leads to tragic results for parents/families and kids.

One of the biggest correlations with poverty is when and under what conditions you have children.

but hey, @JayGoogle said do whatever you want! Do whatever makes you feel good!

You don't have to believe in religion to believe its a good idea for people to be married, stable and responsible before engaging in sexual activities.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Only when you get rid of contraception, that does exist, after all. At least for now...

As @jiggyfly mentioned...being casual about sex is not some new thing. Human sexuality is that of apes, and apes are very horny animals, we are apes, after all.

thanks to contraception and sex education we can prevent the tragic results you're most worried about. Too bad conservatives freak the _____ out over sex education and think young horny people are going to abstain from something so easily done that it could be done in a restroom, the backseat of a car, or whatever...

What is interesting to me and should be interesting to you is why red states and deep red areas have an issue with this. It's almost like trying to shame people for natural feelings they have doesn't work. It's almost like not teaching them about something they will do inevitably doesn't work. It's almost like trying to force people to be chaste does the exact opposite.

So yeah, do what you want, do whatever makes you feel good. As long as it doesn't hurt others and is consensual IDGAF. That's called freedom.

Your entire ideology here also ignores that contraception exists. There are literally people that do nothing but have sex and as much as possible and have 0 children. Contraception!

Honestly, I don't get the point, what is your solution in the end here? Tell people to wait until marriage? Ok...I think people already know that's an option, they aren't interested. So what's the solution?

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes having single parent families is a problem and does lead to generational poverty. Why do so many in black communities have single parent families likely might have to do with that black men are disproportionately incarcerated, redlining reduced economic opportunities within those communities and the Crack epidemic took a big toll on those communities.

There are many rural communities that are primarily white that are seeing similar problems following the Opiod and Meth epidemics.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. HTM

HTM Member

It works for plenty of responsible people? How do they do it @JayGoogle? Do they have some sort of super powers?

People who weren't adequately thoughtful and didn't exercise responsibility with regard to their sexual faculties, often times, pay a price. They "do whatever they want" and they, and their children, pay a price. It's sad. I wish people would be more responsible.

It's tragic more people can't be thoughtful and responsible when it comes to their human sexuality. Many are, many, if not most, don't **** it all up but @JayGoogle said people all animals and its "impossible" to expect people to not have irresponsible sexual relations.

We, obviously, should tell people to not have sex until they are married and in a responsible position to do so or they will face a high likelihood are screwing up their lives. If they do? Well, people make poor decisions every day. It's sad.

What is your solution? Contraception has been cheaply and widely available in every corner of the country for decades and the problem persists.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

With all due respect, I don't think you understand what the definition of the word 'solution' is.

Ok, I will play along with you. So can you tell us how you implement this "solution" of yours?