1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading #3 for #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilias, May 19, 2022.

?

What would you add on top of the 3rd pick to move up to #1?

1. Nothing, happy to stay at 3

63.1%
  2. 17th pick in this draft

21.0%
  3. 1 Nets pick

8.7%
  4. 2 Nets picks

2.1%
  5. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  6. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  7. 1 Nets pick and 1 swap

4.1%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No that was Sacramento's pick via Philly. Read what you posted.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope, you clearly don't understand the trade and how it played out

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Did you read what you posted? Philadelphia will instead send a 2019 first-rounder to Boston that it acquired from the Sacramento Kings

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you literally don't get that philly is the owner of these picks in the post. It literally says picks they acquired and own. Aka it's philly's picks.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What do you think Sacramento via Philly means? It means Philly traded a pick that it acquired from Sacramento. It would be like the Rockets trading the Nets or Bucks pick to move up 2 spots. Are you saying the Rockets wouldn't trade the Bucks 23 pick to move up 2 spots?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

It means philly is the owner of the pick. I knew that already. What team they got the pick from is irrelevant when Philly is the owner of the pick. you're saying philly doesn't even own the pick

The bucks pick sucks. that wouldn't even be nearly enough.

Bucks via Houston. Houston owns the pick.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not saying that. I clearly clarified when I said Sacramento via Philly. But you insisted on continuing like you didn't know what that meant. But the point is still that neither the Mavericks or the 6ers had to give up an unprotected first to move up 2 spots. The Rockets 100% have similar assets to trade to move up and it doesn't include Green or an unprotected first.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

no you clearly said "That was the Kings pick and not the 6ers"

That right there says 76ers don't own the pick

point is both deals had a #10 pick involved and a #14. wake me up when the rockets are offering some lottos in addition to the #3 pick.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Yeah and then I clarified what I meant in the next post. But you continued on acting like I didn't know what I was talking about it.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you clearly didn't explain it well enough. All you said was Sacramento's pick via Philly

that doesn't tell anyone anything when it was after your "That was the Kings pick and not the 6ers"

followed by all this did you read what you posted? or what does that mean? clearly there was no explanation on your end

Philly is the owner of the pick. it's that simple

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It should clarify. The Rockets have the Nets picks this year. If anyone on this board asks who are the Rockets taking with the Nets pick this year basically everyone would know it was pick 17 being referred to. I shouldn't have to over explain what something like that means. You should know and I think you do but are just being difficult to be difficult.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

so who is the owner of the pick? Rockets

/discussion

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

There is no consensus so the basis of this thread is flawed. The ONLY consensus I've seen is that Ivey won't go #1 or 2 but he'll go top 4. Other than that, put the top 3 in a popcorn machine and it's anyone's guess.

As such, I'm not giving up much, if anything, to get #1. I'd be happy with any of the top 4 prospects. I actually like Ivy at #3 and think he might be the best player of the four by the end of their careers.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So what exactly did you think Sacramento via Philly meant? I am genuinely curious. And when you said Lakers pick what pick were you talking about? Let me guess. The Lakers protected pick is the Lakers pick but the Kings protected pick is the 6ers pick. And that's because that backwards differentiation supports this ridiculous argument we are having?

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d be happy with any of the three bigs but if giving up #3 and #17 moved us up to #1 I’d do that in a second to grab Chet.

Nook, Moe, Slim and 2 others like this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think Orlando or OKC is interested in moving down to pick up extra draft picks, unless they somehow LOVE banchero, in which case, they could also just pick him.

I would be less surprised if the Rockets decided to move down to 5-6-7 and get more Wem-B chances as well as whatever top swingman falls into their lap like AJ Griffin or whoever.

If the Rockets are "meh" on Banchero, I"d guess that, having missed out on the top 4, especially after an absolutely insane OKC Thunder-level tank job in Portland, the Pistons and Blazers would love to get him (Pistons could move Jerami Grant), Portland could forfeit 24 or 25 FRP's.

ElPigto and xaos like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're literally asking the same questions and it was literally replied above and you're sitting there wondering why I'm acting like you don't know what you're talking about

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

No I'm not asking the same question. Why isn't the Lakers pick Philly's pick? Why do you describe that as the Lakers pick but don't describe the pick from Sacramento as Sacramento's pick? Philly owned both. What's the difference?

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

As much as I'd love to have control of who we pick, there isn't even a consensus guy out of the three. So I'd give up very little. And besides, it seems like the most likely outcome is Banchero. I'd like to tank for one more year and see if we can't get Wembanyama or Scoot Henderson. Paolo's terrible defense will be a tremendous help in achieving that.

xaos and ilias like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes you're asking the same questions

what does this say. read it slowly