1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to HOU?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I would Kyrie is a selfish player look what he did in Boston

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There was probably something going on behind the scenes but yeah he could be a little confrontational. I'm a little concerned about his injury history.

3. mightybosstone

This. If you replace Harden with Kyrie, you've gotten significantly worse and gone from a fringe contender at best to a borderline playoff team. Even if you can somehow move Westbrook for cap space and find a way to turn Gordon, Tucker and picks into a legitimate No. 2, there's no way a team with Kyrie as its No. 1 will contend in the West.

If Kyrie is part of the deal, it needs to be to move him to a third team to get picks and young guys. I have no desire to watch a perennial .500 Rockets team led by Kyrie the next few seasons.

xtruroyaltyx and Reeko like this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Pass on Kyrie. If he’s the only star you’re getting in return, better to just rebuild. He’s a malcontent, and he doesn’t seem happy unless he is the focal point and the team is winning. And if Kyrie is the main focal point, the team won’t win much.

lakersuck2 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. mightybosstone

In a heartbeat. It's not about who the better player is today. It's about building a team that can contend in the future. Kyrie is borderline top 15 guy at best right now. You can't build a contender around him as your top guy. But Simmons has room to grow. He's probably not going to be your top guy either, but he could be a cornerstone piece to a young up-and-coming team that contends in 3-4 years.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I hate Kyrie, he is awful as the main man on the team. I'd rather a three way trade that brought us Beal back

7. MykTek

MykTek Member

why don't we put a jersey on Arian Foster and let him play.... prob will get more playing time on the court and not on the injury list :p

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While there are a number of reasons, things are slow on all the Rockets trade fronts in part because other GM's are circling like vultures to see if they can fleece Houston's green GM. I expect things to drag for a bit longer. Not going to get other teams true intentions or best offers until those teams convince themselves Stone isn't stoned (willing to make a bad deal).

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

That's it, I'm pro-vaccine mandate in Texas now.

Thanks, Ted Cruz.

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Interesting..I wonder what they know. Unbelievable talent on the court. It's the rest that turns me off.

htownrox1, clos4life and xiki like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rockets are starting to claw their way back into some relevance. Cool I guess they get the mention even though I want nothing to do with batshit crazy Kyrie.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Honestly I couldn't think of a stupider move for the team right now.

14. H. Christopher

[​IMG]

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The question is just what is the right fit for a seminal talent and all world team killer. Kyrie plays better, and MORE OFTEN, than Mr Flat Earther.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

COVID isn’t going away. Who wants a guy who is so stubbornly sure in his ignorance that he’s willing to not play in half the games, essentially sabotaging his team. I might have to rethink my rockets fandom if we ended up with Kyrie. Cannot think of a worse idea than to go after Kyrie. I don’t think the Nets will extend him.

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They don’t know anything. We have easy salary matching capabilities is all.

clos4life and charlieaustin like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And, we have their picks.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

About the only thing dumber than this would be if a team traded picks and CP3 for Russell Westbrook