1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want at 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, May 17, 2022.

?

Who do you want at #3?

1. P. Banchero

334 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. J. Ivey

47 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. S, Sharpe

10 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Other (Say in post)

23 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Trade for #1

30 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yes, rockets trade back and get sharpe makes a ton of sense.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think our entire roster is up as well, we should explore trading the pick to move up, to move down, adding players like EGo, or Tate, as well as maybe better ones like Sengun - everything is on the table for the right price.....

Stone can be creative, or he can stay at 3, and get a big that is a very good player and will instantly improve our team.

Heck offer Orlando the 3 and 17 for the first pick.....so many possibilities.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is jimmy butler available at 3?

if not i am taking pat riley or spoelstra even steve kerr will do...hell i'll take a 2 great shooting coaches, anything but another diva that can play only in highlights, has an elaborate haircut and paints his nails....

Shark44 and Jontro like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No one has talked about Jerami Grant. Could Houston try to trade the pick plus another player to match contracts to Detroit for Grant and the 5th pick? This gives Detroit Banchero or Smith to pair with Cade meanwhile Houston would perhaps take Murray here? This would shore up their front line with Sengun. Another interesting scenario which i think someone mentioned is Houston scrapping the KPJ experiment and rebuild their backcourt with Ivey. So many possibilities. Ultimately I believe Houston ends up with Smith a 2 way player with a deadly shot to give them a solid versatile wing.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

That’s a lot to give up for Collins considering each of kpj, wood, and Gordon can each nets you a pick to be honest.

Stephen_A likes this.
  6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Smith and Holmgren are gone I want Banchero.
    If Holmgren and Banchero are gone I want Ivey.
    If Smith and Banchero are gone I want Holmgren.
    I basically don't want Smith very much.

Corrosion, red5rocket and Jontro like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

There is only one person who will be on this team long term, it's Green, so draft the best player on our board. Ivey or Banchero is fine. I don't care about position that much so long as we get a big next year in the draft or through FA. I expect to suck next year too. And quite possible for another 3-4 years.

8. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

The people say they don't want Banchero and then in the same sentence ask for Ivey...

You people do know Ivey is worse on defense...

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ivey isn't a big, which is an exponentially more important position to be good at defense.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Trade up for Chet or Jabari…that’s what I want.

cmoak1982 and deb4rockets like this.
  11. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Orlando need to draft a marketable face of the franchise guy. That is definitely Banchero.
    OKC always seem to draft kids with potentiel and specific attributes. That’s why I see them drafting Holmgren.

That leaves us with Smith which I think is the best pick for us to play with Sengun and Green.
    As of now he’s a 3nD big who doesn’t need the ball in he’s hand to be effective. Plus being picked 3rd take off the burden expectations/pressure of being picked 1st to let him develop his game. (Handles, finishing, creating)
    Plus he’s reported to be a very coachable player.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Anyone but Chet. Ideally Paolo, but I think he's going 1 or 2.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

It's so funny how everyone assumes we'll draft the best player available while every other team will draft for positional need.

Everyone is taking the player they believe is the best.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why does drafting another shooting guard make sense?

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

In the world of positionless basketball you have KPJ JG and Sharpe 1-3 each with the ability to do nice things with the ball.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if available at our spot, in this order:

chet
    ivey
    jabari

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I really don't think we can assume that Jabari and Chet will be gone 1 and 2. I feel like there is going to be a surprise at the top of this draft.

However if they are both taken and we are at 3, I would look at options to trade back and see if we can pick up some other pieces. Paolo, Ivey and Sharpe may all end up being good players, but I don't love them around our other current young guys. If we could go back to 6-10 while getting another future draft pick I think that would be worth it

Stephen_A likes this.
  18. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

When you know you're the top pick in the NBA draft and don't want to get hurt lol

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Frankly, as long as the team drafts the player they assume is the best player available, it doesn't matter who the Rockets pick up. It's a coin flip at the end of the day (just like landing at 3rd pick).

Also, the 3rd pick historically over-performs, although I doubt it means much. However, it's clear that the top 3 picks are where you'll get the highest chance of landing an all-star, so the Rockets are very lucky to have picked up a 2nd and 3rd pick in consecutive seasons with this new lottery system.

[​IMG]

bballjunkie, Yung-T and ilovehtownbb like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You're telling me we can't get exactly who we want by talking ourselves into agreeing on the teams ahead of us taking the players we don't want?

Who tf are you?