1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want at 3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, May 17, 2022.

?

Who do you want at #3?

1. P. Banchero

334 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. J. Ivey

47 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. S, Sharpe

10 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Other (Say in post)

23 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Trade for #1

30 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just give me whichever big is left of Chet / Paolo / Jabari.

It could have been worse.

I wonder if Orlando would entertain a trade down .... 3 ,17 & Wood for 1 & filler.

raining threes, burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This would be ideal if there’s no way to get Chet

Stephen_A likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

1. Orlando picks Jabari 1st
    2. Thunder picks Holmgren
    3. Rockets pick Ivey

4. Houston trades the rights to Ivey, Wood to Orlando for Jabari, Suggs, and Terrence Ross

We get a plus defender in the backcourt to pair with Green. We slide Porter into SF.

Sengun
    Smith
    Porter
    Green
    Suggs

edit: Just thought about it and this scenario could play out to get Chet too

Orlando gets out of the glut in the backcourt, giving them a core with a higher ceiling in Ivey, Cole, Fultz and Wagner. Wood adds another big man up front with Bamba, Carter, and Isaac when he returns. Hell wood can play that mythical SF spot CF thought was possible for him.

Bamba
    Carter
    Wood
    Wagner
    Ivey

talk about length

#83 steddinotayto, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

So many years through Rockets franchise history where i would be so happy the top 3 are all PF/C's, but here i am finding myself attached to Alpy and worried these guys don't fit with him and Alpy will be the odd man out eventually.

Other than that worry for Alpy, I don't really have much investment/care right now tbh. At least not like last year. Now that i got my guy in Green and the future is bright as a full blown superstar to be- i have far less stress about what is to come.

Just get the BPA.

Rashmon likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That wouldn’t be smart on Houston’s part

red5rocket and theDude like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’m a Sengun Stan but I think he’ll be fine next to Jabari, Paolo, Ivey, etc. His bbiq is too high to not adapt to his new teammate.

Rashmon, RudyTBag and Caesar like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Banchero will provide stellar power forward play since Barkley’s first year with us, Horry’s 95 year, or the famous Scolandry days!

jcmoon, RudyTBag and burlesk like this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

OKC like Toronto is unpredictable, but in a way that is good for their fans . They tend to make the right move, so even if I am rooting for Jabari to slip to 3 and I see him there, I will instantly not be excited about it because I know OKC is smarter than I am.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Not a question of adapting to style, but more about Sengun being forced to be a full time Center which i don't like personally. I think i see the Sabonis comps, but that's a 2" difference. Just gives up too much height at C imo and still needs more strength.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Just as with KPJ I think the Rockets are seeing what Sengun develops into. If he develops a three point shot and defends the paint better then that will change his narrative. Unfortunately right now he’s a weak paint defender, short arms, and can’t shoot. With likelihood of Wood gone the Rockets probably looking at bigs.

Caesar likes this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Yeah, Banchero went to Duke, but I get some Lamar Odom vibes from him. I think that's a better comparison than any of the Duke guys. Same height but Banchero's slightly thicker with a better shot. The Candy Man hovered around 15/10/5 for a few years. I would expect Banchero's peak to be longer (and diet better, drugs lesser) and maybe a bit closer to 20/8/5. I'd be happy with that if he ends up here. In these highlights it's interesting watching Odom and Gasol play together. It'd be cool if Banchero and Sengun end up doing similar things.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Don't put it past Tillman to fall in love with the excitement factor either, he may see $ sign eyes in Ivey more than Paolo or Jabari.

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s quite a lot for a rookie. And why would Orlando do that for an expiring contract in Wood? To get Suggs off the books? I dunno. I do think Orlando wants ivey just not in this scenario though.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Alp is my boy but he's slow for guards /sf and too small for bigs. My comp for him was Luis Scola and its true.

He's a major switch defensive liability.

#94 cheke64, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Rileydog, DaDakota and Caesar like this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And according to the SBnation mock I posted.....OKC
    drafts both Chet (#2) and Sochan (#12)

OkC would get long and tall with athleticism.

Chet/Sochan front line could be trouble for the league in Small-Ball action

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Disappeared when? He was the best player in the tournament out of the top 3 prospects.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

none are dominant players or as talented as Ivey. Reminds of the Kings who kept drafting talented guards (Haliburton, Mitchell) even with Fox and Heild who they moved. May see magic do the same with their mediocre guards and potential in Cole.

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Jabari won't be there at #3 unfortunately, we lost out on the next Chris Bosh IMO, sucks. Chet should be gone at #2, which leaves us with Banchero. A Michael Beasley type perhaps, not as good of a pure shooter, but better inside with a slightly bigger frame. Fine for what we need, a good consolation prize. Mark Williams at #17 (a better Montrez Harrell) would be amazing as well. I hate Duke, but I'll take that tandem any day.

theDude likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I think we get smith but i have a feeling OKC dead set on Chet.

Believe It! likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

The Top 3 are Holmgren/Banchero/Smith and the Rockets will draft whichever is left after the Thunder pick.