1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets open to trading John Wall for Russell Westbrook if incentivized

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 21, 2022.

1. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Wetsbrook, 2 FRP and 2 FRP swaps to the Suns for CP3 sounds fair

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What are the realistic options for overpaid players without injury history? It would have to be a team looking to dump salary, but seeking other compensation in return.

PERHAPS the Jazz might consider Gobert for Westbrook? But it doesn't make sense for the Jazz to add another lead guard to the mix unless they have a way to move Mike Conley? (and it doens't really make sense for any team to add Westbrook, does it?)
    I also don't see how that helps the Lakers at all.. Gobert/ Davis doesn't feel like a good tandem - spacing would be dead.

Is there a team out there looking for a mid-level PG, who can't shoot, and is on the decline, and has 2x20mill bad contracts they want to ditch?
    Knicks? Rose and Fournier for Westbrook?
    The Wizards? But they don't have the contracts to trade...

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lakers Have 'Standing' Trade Offer from Houston Rockets for Russell Westbrook

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

John Wall just completed an entire season without injuries, not even minor ones!

Rashmon, RudyTBag, jim1961 and 10 others like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

John wall is fully healed. Only worries is if he's conditioned enough to actually play

Aruba77 likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i hope nobody does anything stupid and lets the Fakers out of the hole they've dug themselves... lol

if we were to saddle them with Wall and extract an asset - thatd be good... bc thats just diggin the hole deeper imo...

TimDuncanDonaut, jim1961 and jcmoon like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

PhilJax, the disinformation king, spouting Russ over LBJ. And expecting some sucker team to drool over Westbrook?

almost funny; def comical.

8. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I’m just not buying that the Lakers would attach an asset to swap WB/Wall. Maybe a second round pick … honestly I’d take anything, it’s annoying that Wall is getting paid absurd money to not play.

BallSoHarden, Aruba77 and kjayp like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Id trade them Gordon and Wood for Westbrook and all their first and second round picks left.

#689 RHU525, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
    joshuaao, Phillyrocket and kjayp like this.
  10. kjayp

i think they'll cave and give a frp - purely as a pr move...
    i dont think they would do it thinking it was a good move... but if it appeases Bron or whoever and keeps the fan base optimistic going into the year... i could see them doing it for the 1 year... by the time whoever realizes Wall is fools gold... then they start selling fans and whoever on all the cap room they'll have next year...

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

They are in trouble. They can’t just cut him cause that’s just wasting $40 (maybe someone pays partial salary but not much savings). A Wall-like agreement to sit out the year is almost the same thing; $40 mil in street clothes. No one will trade for him without Lake show taking back longer term salary or giving up a meaningful asset. All the Lakers have are two distant 1st round picks. They might be able to trade Russ for players on longer term deals that are better fits around Lebron and The Brow. They could also blow up the team, which I here is a real consideration.

At any rate, Houston’s offer of Wall for Russ and an unprotected 1st is not likely to win the day.

groovemachine likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well here's a plot twist I didn't see coming...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...es-russell-westbrook/j1zd5nuxor3t93fqezavzhwy

Phil Jackson favors Lakers trading LeBron James, keeping Russell Westbrook, report says

Los Angeles Times columnist Bill Plaschke said Wednesday that if Phil Jackson — who is involved in the Lakers' search to replace fired coach Frank Vogel — has his way, Los Angeles may move on from James instead of Westbrook.

“I’ve heard that [Jackson] would like LeBron traded," Plaschke said, via Doug Gottlieb's show on Fox Sports Radio. "I’ve just heard that but I’ve got nothing to back that up. No on-the-record stuff to back that up. I do know that [Jackson] would like to keep Westbrook and try to make that work with him.”

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. Rockets34Legend

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wall for Kawhi + FRP.

Get'er done, Stone!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

18. kjayp

but... but... a huge expiring contract? C'mon... i thought teams were supposed to be lining up for those much vaunted expiring contracts... aren't those supposed to be the linchpin to pulling off a deal for a superstar?
    LOL! ;)

19. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Wood, Gordon and Nwaba for Westbrook, 27 and 29 unprotected 1sts
    Buy out Wall and he signs with LAL for the MLE

Lakers load up and we get two valuable picks when they are forced to tear it down post Lebron

mac_got_this likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They may need a bigger road grader....last coach wasn't able
    to smooth that road very easily

topfive and cmlmel77 like this.