1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2022.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tucker comes from money. He never had to be successful on his own. Now he’s spreading BS that white people can’t be successful on their own. Quitter mentality.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why are people playing dumb like they have no clue what GRT is? Like we didn’t get a full demonstration when people where chanting and holding tiki torches down in Charlottesville years ago…

stop it

jiggyfly, B-Bob, No Worries and 2 others like this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Has GRT even been mentioned on this forum before 2022? Maybe it has, but I dont remember it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk, but this idea of “white extinction” or “white people getting replaced” by some nefarious plot by Jews and minorities is nothing new…it’s what they were chanting in Charlottesville for all the world to see

all this killer’s talking points were basically clichés

jiggyfly, Invisible Fan, Nook and 3 others like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's say you convince someone sincerely that a genocide of babies is currently occurring. Would you find that person making a rational jump to believing violence is necessary if you successfully convince them that babies are actually being murdered in mass?

Nook likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The right wing has been spreading that narrative since the early 20th century. This is nothing new and is exactly why I think @Astrodome is a troll who doesn't actually sincerely post his or her thoughts.

No Worries likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is just beyond stupid.

And amazing that groups of people are so concerned with skin color in 2022.

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This thinking is not mainstream. These radical ideas arent something that your average american are knowledgeable in. White supremacy is deplorable.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately there's a lot of racism and ethnic bias around the World the problem with is combining that to the easy access of firearms. We saw shootings with similar motivations in Norway and New Zealand recently and in both those countries they took action quickly to address access to such lethal weapons.

We've seen some steps on the state level but given that we have free movement across state lines it's difficult for individual states to address this. Also given the amount of firearms out there already it would be hard to make any serious reductions in firearms now legislatively.

Nook likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ve been very clear that I’m singularly talking about using GRT. I also referenced a poll where it was half of Republicans who believed it so definitely not all Republicans I would expect are GRT believers or spreaders of the ideology.

So I’d respectfully say that you are the one stretching. I’ve asked on here for more than 24 hours for folks like yourself to tell us if you approve or disapprove of politicians using GRT ideology and talking points for whatever reason. I can’t help the fact that you and every other Republican here just refused to answer.

I mean what am I supposed to think?? You’ve left me with only one possibility that you have no problem with people like Tucker Carlson using GRT talking points as long as they arent directly calling for violence. If I’m wrong then correct me.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s been getting pushed by Republicans for years…guys like Tucker Carlson to his millions of followers, Dan Patrick, and many others just dress it up better than some lunatic on 4chan or the people in Charlottesville do who don’t even attempt to use coded language

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Astrodome like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am a peaceful dude. Tucker's monologue was fine. If there was some hidden meaning behind it, then it wasnt directed at voters like me who dont follow the extreme folks. I denounce all violence, especially racially motivated violence.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So nearly half of the Republican party supposedly believes in Replacement. Not every Republican does.

If you are a Republican or support the Republicans, but don't believe in Replacement, do you feel your party has a problem?

If yes, do you feel they are addressing the problem?

If no, why isn't it a problem in your opinion?

No Worries, dobro1229 and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know enough about you to know that you seem like a good dude. That’s not what I’m saying. The GRT ideology has time after time inspired horrible violence. Whether or not it inspires you to violence wasn’t the question though.

The question is since GRT has continually led to violence (yes by some not by all of the right), do you agree or disagree that the ideology shouldn’t still be used by those in power or influence? You implied that yes you approve since it doesn’t lead you personally to violence. However other people hear this or Trump then get on 4Chan, the QAnon, and then read the Turner Diaries, then join a group like the Proud Boys etc etc.

So as a peaceful dude who doesn’t want there to be violence, why do you approve of even lighter use of GRT that might not offend you but is still a gateway drug version of the same theory that has been written about in manifesto after manifesto?? I’m just baffled that you see no problem here.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and No Worries like this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think this is what our Conservative friends are missing here. There is no flat out call for violence. When you have Trumps 1/6 speech
    or Tucker Carlson or MGT tweeting they all basically say the same thing: something is wrong that is threatening you and we together must stop it!!!

Now the aforementioned will say “well I meant stop it by voting out the liberals! Not shooting up a grocery store or storming the capital building!” But what is becoming very evident is that type of rhetoric will inflame some of the fringe, likely mentally ill extremists to take it as a call to arms.

The rhetoric has to stop. But it’s free speech and making people angry gets views and makes money so sorry everyone. Got to take your life in your hands when going to HEB.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

set aside the violence for a moment.

do you agree with the premise that the radical left are proponents of no borders because they want to take away the power of white voters? That this is a grand scheme and concerted effort to replace or dilute white people with people of color?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. I do think they want more votes from the influx of people but I think they may be misguided in thinking those folks will vote dem.

18. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Illegals can't vote. This theory that Dem wants illegal in the country so they can vote for dem is really stupid.

As for legal immigrants, again, stupid. Whoever wants immigrants simply b/c they think they will vote for their team is stupid. Whoever believes this is stupid.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

You don't have to utter one single word of violence. The idea of replacement is enough to trigger some. I feel more sad than anger toward a teen throwing his whole life away because he was brainwashed. I feel much more anger toward adults spewing the crap on media.

Leaders and media heads who knowingly spew craps (especially for political gain) about white genocide, Replacement are very much responsible for those that eventually turn to violence.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Undocumented immigrants can vote in certain elections and it would be premature to say that their voting rights wont be expanded in the future.