1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nook's 2022 Draft Big Board

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Nook, Jan 13, 2022.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Awesome stuff! Sharpe seems like the shiny prospect someone will fall in love with and im ok with that being Houston if that so happens.

Curious question, when ranking prospects do scouts(or you), grade prospects not just on "potential" but also likelihood of reaching that potential?

For instance:
    Mathurin has a 20% chance of reaching an 80 score but 50% chance of a 60 score
    Vs
    Eason has a 10% chance of reaching an 80 score but 75% chance of a 60 score

And if you do does potential always win out? I imagine it may shift for win now teams but idk.

Appreciate all that you contribute Nook

#301 BigMaloe, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
    vince, Nook and raining threes like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I really wish that the nets missed the playoffs. Would be so nice to have the 13-14th. I still hope they trade up or try to trade the pick for one next season. You could have 3 picks next season package them together and a player for a top 5 pick if the rockets don’t like out in the lottery.

3. jayfree

jayfree Member

I don't see much difference between the #14 and #17 pick to overreach with a trade. Unless we are getting rid of Wall in that deal ;)

roslolian likes this.
  4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I feel like Sharpe is going to move into the top 3.

vince likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

I can't with this name.

Pistol Pete and Nook like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps not with the player you would want as a team because of a lot of holes on the team. But trading up to a player you perhaps really want in the top 7-9 would be easier or to trade for another pick next year could potentially be easier.

I wonder what Wood and KPJ could get you pick wise next year from a team like Charlotte or Blazers or Pacers.
    Then you would have their pick and Bucks pick and Rockets. No matter the rockets record that should get you all things considered into the top 7-8 of the draft if the rockets really excelled somehow next season.

raining threes likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

There is no exact formula, but certainly every scout and organization balances upside against probability of reaching the upside. In my experience most organizations are willing to give up a little likelihood of success for a higher upside.

Also yes, it depends on the organization and their needs.

Some people like Jerry West really are big on meeting and talking to prospects to evaluate them. Others like Houston and Phoenix don’t care as much.

8. vince

vince Member

I wonder if Ivey ends up being the pick, how KPJ would handle being a 6 man candidate?

from the looks of things, Smith seems like the logical pick at #1.

Chets 3 and D would be worthy of selecting him at #1 too.

Bachero and Sharpe are very intriguing too. I hear a lot of Juwan Howard comparisons for Paolo, which is a nice player to have.

Though I want the #1 pick, there are at least 5 very intriguing players for me in this draft.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Jabari is related to Kwame Brown, and so the rule of three applies to our selection. Now if he just blows bubbles from his ass we are all set.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Is he really related??

11. raining threes

How do you think Stone values Jokic. From what I've seen Eason and Jokic are my favorite picks for the Nets pick. Speaking of this, what are the chances of either of those guys falling to them? If 0% then how far do you think Stone would have to move up to get one of them?

12. PhiSlammaJamma

It is true. They are cousins.

raining threes, vince and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If KPJ cant handle being 6th man then he doesnt have a place on this team. Cant have spots for immature crybabies

vince likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm starting to get really high on Jeremy Sochan. Just waiting to see combine results if he is really 6'9 with 7'0 wingspan.

The kid is 18 and is a defensive savant with ball handling and playmaking skills. He has high bball IQ but is also scraps really hard on the court. IMO he is the barnes of this class,if the Rox fall to 5 I'd rather we trade down and get Sochan and somebody else.

#314 roslolian, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

any thought as to whether Sharpe could go 1 or 2? If we are talking about ceiling, he’s it, so why wouldn’t a team like ORL or OKC take him, and then youre in the running for the real prize the next draft while sharpe develops.

maybe ORL front office isn’t secure enough with its standing, but Presti is basically a tenured professor.

16. vince

vince Member

Even though Rockets missed out on the top pick again, after having the worst record 2 years in a row, they at least are still picking un the top 3.

crazy how it was a 50 / 50 chance it could have been the #5 pick. That would have been a difficult pill to swallow.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Highly doubt any team is that dumb.

TheBeastSystem likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

Was hoping to see a final big board if you have time befirw the draft @Nook

If not appreciate all the insight none the less

19. Nook

Nook Member

I’ll try my best to do one tomorrow if possible. I have just been really busy. I’m sorry I should have updated it sooner.

20. BigMaloe

No apologies necassary. Thanks

raining threes likes this.