1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you politically alienated?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, May 15, 2022.

?

Do you feel politically alienated?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Back home I get called a communist f***** n***** loving heathen.

Where I live now I get called a xenophobic misogynist racist nazi sympathizer.

So, yeah, politically alienated is probably accurate.

That being said, if you haven't had the experience I just described, you probably need to see more parts of the world.

Spooner and rockbox like this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's hard being socially liberal and fiscally conservative who thinks most guns should be available with some basic rules. I never fit in. I find social liberties and decency more important than money, so I tend to vote democrat, but I would vote Republican in a heartbeat if they all weren't F'ing crazy by the time they get past the primaries.

#22 rockbox, May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Feeling alienated assumes one must conform with one party or the other.

I’ve always been a free thinker and consider myself an independent. I espouse true Libertarianism (not pseudo-libertarian Trump-fascistism) more than anything else but I still refuse to label myself because **** being in a box.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Genuine lol @MojoMan swooping into a thread about political alienation caused by extreme polarization to post some asinine memes.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Nook and 4 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, but only because we are a nation that allows bribery, I align socially with the left - and fiscally well, what used to be the right......now I don't know.....

DD

Newlin likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Edibles.

DonnyMost likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's hard being socially liberal and fiscally conservative, it's even harder being completely untethered to either ideology in either area and making choices based entirely on the circumstances of each individual problem/scenario and following your personal intuition and morals.

And with that comment I believe I have won the award for most smug centrist in the history of the internet.

jiggyfly and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That is what Russian Bots do.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was a moderate, and still am a moderate, but I feel like moderates are not welcome in the GOP anymore. It's so absolute - either you buy into MAGA and the whole Dems are evil communists trying to control your life speel or you are an evil communist.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dems are a joke, but the trash Republican Party isn’t even American

How can I ever associate myself with a group that hateful, crazy, and anti-American? The lies, hate, and overall stupidity is just too much.

I was apathetic about politics in general until about 2015…didn’t think the filth would actively try to destroy the country, but I’ve witnessed it firsthand

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Remember when Mojoman got busted copy-pasting all of his responses directly from another Houston BBS? It was something like an architecture or weather site. Totally ridiculous. I mean, Mojo hasn't done anything but post really cringe comics here for years (behavior which is indiscernible from a spam bot) but the fact he got popped for not even reading threads and then dumping his brain vomit here verbatim from other forums is just beyond the pale.

jiggyfly and VooDooPope like this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Anyone who suggests that I have plagiarized my posts, or that the posts that you are referring were not authored by me, is a lying liar.

And that certainly includes you.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You can plagiarize yourself, dingus, and that's exactly what you were doing (and probably still are lulz). The epitome of a low/no-effort poster, through and through.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Liar.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

mojorgeman is possibly the least politically alienated poster here! he is a ride-or-die republican through-and-through. being a republican seems to be his primary identity above all else.

this subject of this thread will not be grasped by people who view politics as a team sport and feel they must always support their "side".

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't really think "fiscally conservative" actually means anything or has any relevance anymore. I actually don't think it ever had that much support in practice - for the most part, non-"fiscally conservative" measures are extremely popular, even among people who identify as fiscally conservative.

I know it's associated loosely with policy posiitons dating back to the 1990's but, those days are over, I mean the real debates these days are more fundamental - it's not "what should debt be as a % of GDP" - it's more like "wait why are we actually still using GDP at all?"

jiggyfly, mdrowe00, Nook and 2 others like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

The only reason he's not on the ignore list is the comedy of it all.

VooDooPope likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

What is the cost of uninsured Americans as a % of GDP?