1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. H. Christopher

Regular seasor wise yes. Overall legacy, playoffs included, absolutely not. He just isn't built for the Challenge like true NBA Champion/Houston Legend Mario Elie said.

Salvy likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Joel, don’t let Morey and Harden waste your remaining prime!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...d-more-aggressive-toughen-order-break-through

"Since we got him, everybody expected the Houston James Harden," Embiid said. "But that's not who he is anymore. He's more of a playmaker. I thought, at times, he could have been, as all of us could have been, more aggressive. All of us whether it was Tyrese [Maxey] or Tobias [Harris] or guys coming off the bench.

"And I'm not just talking about offensively. I'm talking about you know, as a whole offensively and defensively. I didn't think we were good defensively as a team. They took advantage of a lot of stuff that we tried to do defensively. And then offensively just really everybody being on the same page, obviously, only having probably what, three or four months to all work together and try to figure it out. Maybe it wasn't a lot of time. ... I don't think we played our best basketball."

And, when asked to drill down on specifics as to what, exactly, the 76ers have to get better at as a team, Embiid pointed to the team that he just finished playing -- the Heat -- and said the 76ers need to get a lot tougher, pointing specifically to Heat forward P.J. Tucker as the type of guy he has never played with during his career.

"For sure," Embiid said. "I mean, we've had a few tough guys since I've been here. I can recall, whether it was Mike Scott, he didn't play a lot of minutes, but when you have size and toughness, that goes a long way.

"You look at someone like P.J. Tucker, great player, but it's not about him knocking down shots. It's about what he does. Whether it's on the defensive or rebounding the ball. You look at defensively, he plays with so much energy, believes that you can get from point A to point B and he believes that no one can beat him and he's tough, like he's just physical and he's tough. And they have a few of those guys, whether it's Bam [Adebayo] and all those guys.

"Since I've been here, I'd be lying if I said that we've had, you know, those type of guys. Nothing against what we have. It's just the truth. We've never had P.J. Tucker. That's really what I'm trying to say. So as the physicality [increases], especially once you get to the playoffs or the later rounds, you need that. You need those guys that are really tough."

Salvy and sirjesse like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jesus, I thought Harden's player option was this season and not next. No way in hell he's not picking that $47 million player option up.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-5-13_6-52-28.gif

5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-5-13_6-57-30.gif

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ANALYTICS DEPARTMENT: joel shut the **** up!!
    pj tucker was drafted 35 or something overall...HES NOT THE TOP PICK..YOU MUST be dumb or just trolling

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ANALYTICS DEPARTMENT: joel shut the **** up!!
    pj tucker was drafted 35 or something overall...HES NOT THE TOP PICK..YOU MUST be dumb or just trolling

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As I have pointed out to another poster who made the same point. The only thing Harden had over Moses was that he played longer for Houston. But if you are talking about which player was "greater," then to say that Harden was clearly "greater" than Moses is just wrong.

Many people would agree that Moses Malone had more impact to winning than Harden ever did.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

That counts lol. Wtf. Playing longer for a franchise counts. Im talking about which player was greater for the Houston Rockets and that was CLEARLY James Harden.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man Embid is the king of throwing his teammates under the bus. Him and Doc belong together. Talking about not having any dogs and Harden needed to be more agressive ( which is true ) the dude played like absolute trash after he found out he lost the MVP and sulked about it.

Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No even that is not CLEARLY. Moses played 6 seasons verses Harden's 8. But Moses took the team to the Finals (and won two games against the stacked Celtics) with Robert Reid as their second best player. The farthest Harden took the Rockets was conference finals. Playoffs success ought to count for something.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Screamin A saying he's hearing Doc isn't going anywhere. Tough news for Phily fans.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes,8 is more than 6 though. Playing 2 more years for a franchise also counts. Harden has way more post season points. Harden took his team to two WCF and went against the KD super team. The GOAT team. Harden played against better competition period. Moses Malone is great but as a Rocket his success doesn't mean as much as Harden's. And no matter what anyone says regular seasons do matter. You have to play well in the regular season to get to the playoffs.

DatRocketFan and ksny15 like this.
  15. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Harden simps trying to derail the choking talk by just arguing that harden flat out sucks in the playoffs

Salvy and hakeem94 like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

They been setting it up since game 5, shortly after declaring Harden is baaaaack.... And before that, he lost a step but is still elite... Lol

VickMackey and hakeem94 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Didn't Moses Malone also win 2 MVP's with us? So as a Rocket, he's more decorated AND he led us deeper into the playoffs....

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member