1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The myth that James Harden isn't or hasn't been clutch in his career ends right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Mar 30, 2022.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

He had never really been rude to anyone either until this season came a long. I mean tbh....a lot of people on here are really UGLY on here. And the dude reached his breaking point. It sucks cause I dont think the guy had a attacked anyone on here until this season.

And to be clear, Im not saying he should not have been banned, he absolutely deserved it.

Slyonebluejay and vator like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I agree with everything you said including the fact that his banning was justified. What he said should never be explained away, overlooked, or tolerated.

He was the most dedicated fan to one person I think I've ever seen. It was unhealthy as all hell, but it had gotten to the point that I had to respect it in a bizarre way. I do worry about his mental health.

Slyonebluejay and HP3 like this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

[​IMG]

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

LOL and he thought he was as good as GIannis

VickMackey and Salvy like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Q-U-I-I-T-T-ER

VickMackey likes this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He was when that comment was made.

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Serious question, is James Harden a max player?

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Harden never was as good as Giannis. Think about the impact on both ends of the court. And we all know regular season is a whole different story than the playoffs.

10. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Was tonight fun

Salvy likes this.
  11. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

What riddle ?

red5rocket and Salvy like this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

At the time of that quote Harden was a top 3 player in the league. Stop it.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Offensively and in the regular season yes. Defensively and in the playoffs no.

Was James top 3 when he failed to close out Spur less Kawhi? Or won when Cp3 went down vs GSW, all it would have taken was a couple more made 3s. I think a real top 3 player would've gotten it done those times.

supaflyz and VickMackey like this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

The defense question is more nuanced...

His ts% in the playoffs for his career is 58.9% and efg% of 50.3%.

To give you context, that ts% is within .005 (2021-22 reg season) of:

Demar Derozan
    Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    Miles Bridges
    Jimmy Butler

I think there is some truth to it but it's vastly over blown.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The dude on the Bucks couldn't even get out of the 2nd round during this time. Do you remember that Golden State series? Once CP3 went down they formed a wall against Harden and forced him to pass everytime. He still have guys open looks. It's not his fault they couldn't hit them. I have no faults to Harden for anything in that series. If CP3 doesn't go down we have another championship and Harden and CP3 have rings. I will give you the Spurs series that was funky.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

There was definitely a time Harden was wayyy better than Giannis. Not in the last few year, but peak Harden was a walking triple double and playmaker. Giannis was never an entire offense by himself in the same way Harden was in his prime.

ksny15 likes this.
  17. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Can’t wait for the excuses to surface again

18. hakeemthagreat

Oh trust me, his supporters are quietly read this in silence feeling very embarrassed

Where is D-Rock?

VickMackey likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ever heard of Jordan rule? Stars deal with defenses collapsing on them all the time. If you a top 3 player focused on offense you should be able to overcome thst challenge at least once. You are claiming Harden is top 3 I'm just saying the top 3 player woulda done something vs 0-27 threes. Same thing with the Spurs series and the last GSW series withiut Cousins, KD and Klay.

Harden is prob the no 1 offensive player in his prime in the regular season. But he was never top 3 overall cuz a top 3 player would've closed those series out since they were so winnable. Harden at his best was prob top 5-10, he can be the offensive hub in the regular season cuz refs call all the fouls but in the playoffs the refs swallor their whistles and he cant adjust. Attack his defense and Harden gonna let his man dash straight thru him. Diss and humiliate him in public instead of rising to the occassion Harden gonna sulk and play horribly like when Steph got the MVP and Giannis made fun of him in the ASB. I remember that grudge match between Cp3 and Harden and Harden got taken out by ****ing Lou Dort. How about when Kyrie Irving of all people locked him up all game? Harden wilts all the time he aint top 3 and he never was top 3.

Giannis wasnt top 3 till last year when he vaulted himself into that category. Dude's been putting in work every summer and it culiminated to a ring last year so I dunno what him not getting out of the 2nd round prior to last year has anything to do with Harden never being top 3.

#219 roslolian, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah maybe when Giannis was a rookie or somethinf, Harden was way better than him.

Peak Harden was still a bad defensive player and prone to getting hero ball sickness. Peak Harden never learned to move off the ball and doesnt get engaged when he isnt holding the ball. That stuff isnt gonna show in stats cuz the stats only track when he has the ball in his hands but scrambling for the ball and defense sre critical elements that decide games. Because Harden is so efficient his hero ball tendency doesnt show up in stats but it affects the team efficiency cuz other guys never get involved and the enemies know whats gonns happen all the time and can counter it. They all know its gonna be Harden iso, step back 3, lob to capela or pass to 3 pt shooter. Harden's own offense is good but the team's offense was never that efficient cuz they are so predictable. This is esp true in the playoffs.

Giannis can never be an entire offense like Harden but he can guard guys 1-5 including the other team's best player on top of scoring 40 pts and grabing over a dozen rebs. Plus he is engaged and plays hard 100% of the time, he is always giving his all whether he has the ball or not. I'm pretty sure thats a lot more valuable than being an offensive hub but defensive liability.

#220 roslolian, May 13, 2022
    Last edited: May 13, 2022