1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Picked up Songs of Conquest today. It's drawn a lot of comparison to Heroes of Might and Magic, one of my favorite series.

CCity Zero and RC Cola like this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^that looks exactly like HoMM. It'd be nice if they could do better than pixel art.

I've been playing Wildermyth lately. It's a fun tactics game like X-COM.

Xerobull likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I was like...did I ever play Might and Magic....and yep...turns out I enjoyed it quite a bit 8 years ago.

[​IMG]

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think I've ever played HOMM before, but I need to try it eventually. Seems like I'd like it. There's a (poorly-implemented) fantasy/turn-based game mechanic in Pathfinder : Wrath of the Righteous that I kind of was intrigued by. But ... too many games in my queue that I've bought I need to finish first .... still.

5. Xerobull

HoMM 3 is a masterpiece. It’s probably my favorite game of all time. I can honestly say I’ve played it for literal months of my life. I have the standalone executable if anyone wants a copy.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They're almost reasonable on eBay...snagged one for $575 plus tax last week just waiting for it to get here. :cool:

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How Our Mothers Met 3?

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Holy ****, I remember this now.

I remember my summers in middle school we got a new PC and a satellite Dish and I was blown away by how much my quality of life improved.

It was HoMM2/3 all day, Comedy Central on in the background, eating nothing but icey pops.

Good times!

Xerobull likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Woke up to a bunch of people playing some game called imposter on the youtube last night.

Don't know what is.

Or how to play.

But I can tell they were having of fun.

All I know is it's like clue, but is takes some massive quick deduction skills to figure out who done the murder. I still don't know what was happening.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I really wanna play Crusader Kings 3 (aka Incest Simulator) on my ps5. I don't have the specs for it on my PC. But hat $60 price tag is just a bit high. Ill wait for it to go on sale.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played a lot on PC. It’s fun but I get bored and cheat to recreate whatever empire I want.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I played that back when it came out on the PC and was having a blast with it, but I got diverted playing something else and stopped. I need to try it out again.

I just saw this if you haven't seen it and want to keep tabs on it... https://www.fanstratics.com/

Xerobull likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Thanks! I'm on the newsletter. Eagerly anticipating this one. This is the guy who produced HOMM3.

14. dmoneybangbang

This game is very easy to pick up and very fun. Plus only like 3 bucks.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. That looks and plays like arcade games from the 80s where the "waves" theory of gaming kept your excitement up and heart racing. It's funny how mega-buck efforts in gaming can result in flops and one or two people can probably make a game like this in not too much time and have a hit. :D

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

It's sooooo good and I haven't played a rogue like wave game in awhile.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've been wr3ckn hoes on halo infinite

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Still playing outriders. Much more fun co op looter shooter than borderlands. It's real cheap rn

Will pick up expansion when it cheapens

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Still logging into Genshin, although not much to do at this point. Haven't even explored the latest area yet as the rewards hardly seem worth the effort.

Play a few rounds of Halo Infinite a day.

Picked up Borderlands 3 for free to play on co-op with my bro.

Probably gonna replay Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in anticipation for 3's release.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Not sure how many soccer-game players are here, be it Fifa or otherwise, but the first Mario Strikers game in a looong time is being released Friday. It's from the same developer as the first couple games, and they had a demo event this past weekend where you could play some online matches, and as far as I know you can still download the demo to do the training mode.

The original Mario Strikers is easily one of my favorite co-op experiences of all time; I have still played it occasionally with friends on emulator. The Wii edition ("Charged") I really never cared for, as it was overtaken by too-powerful special shots that rendered the core soccer gameplay moot IMO.

After the demo of this new edition ("Battle League"), I have moved from cautiously optimistic at best, to actively excited. Not only have they dispensed with the OP special-shot nonsense, they have really added some further depth on top of the original. You can shape your shots how you want now, you can do manual passes into space instead of just directs, and they've added a "perfect timing" element to all of shots, passes, and tackles. And the stats of the characters seem balanced enough to make things interesting... e.g. for Strength, if a weak character like Toad tries to do an uncharged tackle on Bowser, he will just bounce off instead of getting the ball. And if your passing stat sucks, your passes will be slow and the range of your manual passes will be zilch. And there is even gear you can wear to tweak your team's stats further. Super-psyched. I pre-recommend it, haha.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.